SiouxSports.com Forum

Unbelievable...

01grad

I really can't believe they are trying to sell the same tickets I bought for 14 dollars, for 250... I wish I invested in some stocks that worked that way..

For sale...4 Saturday tickets in front of 50" plasma tv, on nice soft couches, BYOB, $.50.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since I'm not going on Saturday...

If some guy that knows my seats says "Hey, you've got great seats and I know you're out of town. I'll give you a hundred bucks a seat to have your tickets for the Saturday game" that makes me a bad guy if I take it? Do I tell him, thanks for the offer but I'm morally obligated to sell for face value even though you're perfectly able and willing to shell out a lot more?

I'm not greedy, but I'm not stupid either. If someone makes a killer offer to me, and I'm not going to the game anyway - I'll take it. If they want to pay a premium price for what they percieve as a reasonable value for the entertainment they will enjoy, I'll play ball. And as far as the face value thing goes, my face value tickets came along with an extra $1100 donation price tag.

If you want to make sure to get your first round tickets for next year for "face value", join the Fighting Sioux Club. They could use your support.

For the record, my tickets are already given away to my parents and their friends for the Saturday game. They are not for sale.

So since I'm not going on Saturday...

If some guy that knows my seats says "Hey, you've got great seats and I know you're out of town. I'll give you a hundred bucks a seat to have your tickets for the Saturday game" that makes me a bad guy if I take it? Do I tell him, thanks for the offer but I'm morally obligated to sell for face value even though you're perfectly able and willing to shell out a lot more?

I'm not greedy, but I'm not stupid either. If someone makes a killer offer to me, and I'm not going to the game anyway - I'll take it. If they want to pay a premium price for what they percieve as a reasonable value for the entertainment they will enjoy, I'll play ball. And as far as the face value thing goes, my face value tickets came along with an extra $1100 donation price tag.

If you want to make sure to get your first round tickets for next year for "face value", join the Fighting Sioux Club. They could use your support.

For the record, my tickets are already given away to my parents and their friends for the Saturday game. They are not for sale.

Im not saying that you have to take face value, and if someone knows your gonna be gone and offers you $100, $200, $500 for your tickets then sure take it. What I am saying is that posting your tickets online for $1000 when you can be at the game is ridiculous. If you have tickets and plan to go to the game, then go, if you have tickets and arent gonna be there, don't be an greedy A$$hole, sell them to a Sioux fan for a resonable price. If you have extra's, sell them to a kid outside the gate, it could be his first game and who knows, maybe he'll be making a decision in the future where to attend or play and will remember that one game.

I have not had the time yet to verify if the scalping law was enacted or not, but I'm pretty sure it was.

Airmail,

What aren't you getting? If scalping is illegal, then you are doing something illegal, nothing different than selling crack. It might not be morally as wrong as other illegal things, but nontheless illegal.

Irish,

What part did you miss? Here is a cut from it.

SECTION 1. A new section to chapter 51-07 of the North Dakota Century Code is

created and enacted as follows:

Ticket scalping - Penalty.

1. As used in this section, "event" means a theater performance or show, circus,

athletic contest, or other entertainment or amusement to which the general public

is admitted.

2. A person who intentionally does any of the following is guilty of a class A

misdemeanor:

a. Issues or sells tickets to an event without printing on the tickets in a

conspicuous place the price of the ticket and the seat number, if any;

b. Charges for admission to an event at a price greater than that advertised or

stated on the tickets issued for the event;

c. Sells or offers to sell a ticket to an event at a price greater than that charged

at the place of admission or printed on the ticket;

Notice 2c, if it was enacted as law then there is no more arguing!!!

You can view it as right or wrong by your standards or as simple capitalism but it is illegal.

And as far as the face value thing goes, my face value tickets came along with an extra $1100 donation price tag.

Bingo!

Airmail,

What aren't you getting? If scalping is illegal, then you are doing something illegal, nothing different than selling crack. It might not be morally as wrong as other illegal things, but nontheless illegal.

I saw your post earlier, and looked up the old house bill. I also posted on here a question whether the bill became law... as of yet, I don't have a solid answer. Based on NDCC 51-07 (as pointed out by 82SiouxGuy) it seems this bill perhaps wasn't made into law. Just like the house bill to make the Sioux and Bison football teams play each other - as good as the paper it's printed on; nothing more.

With all due respect, don't tell me I'm breaking the law without identifying the law that I'm breaking... I guess that is "what I'm not getting".

Im not saying that you have to take face value, and if someone knows your gonna be gone and offers you $100, $200, $500 for your tickets then sure take it. What I am saying is that posting your tickets online for $1000 when you can be at the game is ridiculous. If you have tickets and plan to go to the game, then go, if you have tickets and arent gonna be there, don't be an greedy A$$hole, sell them to a Sioux fan for a resonable price.

Who determines if it is a reasonable price. Looks like $100, $200, or $500 is ok with you but $1000 is too much? How about $750 or $999. Or, I do with my tickets what I want and you do with your tickets what you want. Then you can jump on a discussion board and tell every one how much better of a fan you are. :silly:

Im not saying that you have to take face value, and if someone knows your gonna be gone and offers you $100, $200, $500 for your tickets then sure take it. What I am saying is that posting your tickets online for $1000 when you can be at the game is ridiculous. If you have tickets and plan to go to the game, then go, if you have tickets and arent gonna be there, don't be an greedy A$$hole, sell them to a Sioux fan for a resonable price. If you have extra's, sell them to a kid outside the gate, it could be his first game and who knows, maybe he'll be making a decision in the future where to attend or play and will remember that one game.

Who is selling a ticket for $1000. I see $1000 for 6 tickets for the weekend...that is $166 per ticket. Hey, I have 6 tickets split between two locations in the arena. Together with these tickets, donations for Fighting Sioux Club, and concessions I probably spend $10,000 in that arena per year. If some guy wants to give me $1000 for two excellent tickets for the entire 3 game series what business is it of yours! For $1000 two of my four kids, who could care less, can stay home...I will still be there in one of my other four seats. On one hand you act like Sioux hockey is the the most important event in the world and on the other hand you can't understand why someone with the cash would spend $166 for a Sioux/Gopher ticket. Your hipocracy is insane! Mind your own business and continue trolling for your elusive $20 ticket for the Sioux/Gopher game.

Who is selling a ticket for $1000. I see $1000 for 6 tickets for the weekend...that is $166 per ticket. Hey, I have 6 tickets split between two locations in the arena. Together with these tickets, donations for Fighting Sioux Club, and concessions I probably spend $10,000 in that arena per year. If some guy wants to give me $1000 for two excellent tickets for the entire 3 game series what business is it of yours! For $1000 two of my four kids, who could care less, can stay home...I will still be there in one of my other four seats. On one hand you act like Sioux hockey is the the most important event in the world and on the other hand you can't understand why someone with the cash would spend $166 for a Sioux/Gopher ticket. Your hipocracy is insane! Mind your own business and continue trolling for your elusive $20 ticket for the Sioux/Gopher game.

Oh, and good luck finding one for $20. Supply and demand isn't it gr8. Tell you what, take your $20 go to the local sports bar and grill and have fun watching it there.

You wanna know what really grinds my gears?

Students who are charging ridiculous prices. If you have student tickets, they have to have an ID used with them...so the guys scalping these tickets are selling to FELLOW STUDENTS at these ridiculous rates. The Ralph was kind enough to let us buy 4 tickets per ID so that if you and some friends wanted to sit together, you could. However, many have taken advantage of this and bought 4 tickets planning on selling off two or even all of them. Personally, I know a handful of students who want to go to the games but cannot because of these people who bought up the student tickets and are now holding them hostage for outrageous amounts. Hopefully they can't sell them and end up getting rid of them before the game at face value, or else we will have a lot of empty seats this weekend.

You wanna know what really grinds my gears?

Students who are charging ridiculous prices. If you have student tickets, they have to have an ID used with them...so the guys scalping these tickets are selling to FELLOW STUDENTS at these ridiculous rates. The Ralph was kind enough to let us buy 4 tickets per ID so that if you and some friends wanted to sit together, you could. However, many have taken advantage of this and bought 4 tickets planning on selling off two or even all of them. Personally, I know a handful of students who want to go to the games but cannot because of these people who bought up the student tickets and are now holding them hostage for outrageous amounts. Hopefully they can't sell them and end up getting rid of them before the game at face value, or else we will have a lot of empty seats this weekend.

Does anyone know what season tickets cost in the different sections + the necessary donation - or have a link?

Thanks. So it's $355 per seat, and say for example "Varsity" level donation, an additional $330 per seat, totaling $685 per seat?

It's $330 for the Varsity level donation, then $355/seat. 2 seats + donation =$1040

The donation is not added on to each seat purchase.

If anyone is that upset about this gouging, forward the member names that have listed them on here, to the GF police. Selling tickets for more than their face value plus a small handling fee is illegal in ND.

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

The House Bill you refer to - HB 1058 - is from the 56th legislative assembly. That was 10 years ago. I find no reference to ticket scalping in the Code, other than that cities have the right to regulate it, NDCC 40-05-01(26). So I'm guessing that bill didn't pass.

Edit - I checked for sure. It did not pass the House, 31 for and 65 against.

If you learned how to read numbnuts, you would know that I am not trolling for a $20 ticket, as stated earlier I am a season ticket holder. I think its disgusting that people post their tickets for outrageous amounts. I hope they dont sell. Its an opinion that I like to make public. I think the arena's prices and "corporate status" already push enough people away from the game, why push more away attempting to make bank on your tickets.

Who determines if it is a reasonable price. Looks like $100, $200, or $500 is ok with you but $1000 is too much? How about $750 or $999. Or, I do with my tickets what I want and you do with your tickets what you want. Then you can jump on a discussion board and tell every one how much better of a fan you are

Someone offering to buy your tickets because they know your going to be gone is a tad different then knowing you can go to the game yet you post your tickets online for outrageous amounts. Again do what you want with your tickets, I hope they dont sell. Im not and havent claimed to be a better fan, I would just prefer that the arena be full of actual Sioux fans instead of big-wigs with cash who need to up their "social status".

How are ticket sales going for people on here? How much have you sold your tickets for? For those who have purchased them, how much have you spent per ticket?

(I have season tickets, so didn't need them.)

I'm curious as well. And I also have season tickets....for the record the liked the previous post who called another "numbnuts" : ) Haven't heard that in while.

I have 4 season tickets in a Coaches Club section. I pay $355 per seat plus $1100 for Coaches Club. If you add the Coaches Club donation to the price of the seat and divide by 23 games it comes out to $27.39 per seat per game. That 23 games includes the Manitoba game, the US World Junior game and game three of this series if it goes that far. When I can

I think your post would hold more weight if you weren't one the people selling tickets for an outrageous price.....

For the record...I have 6 season tickets. I gave two tickets away for tomorrows game to a couple that have never been to a Sioux game. I just threw that offer out there to see what kind of interest there really was for this game. Don't get me wrong I would take the $1000 if someone was willing, for $1000 two of my four kids, who really don't care that much could stay home. I also get a kick out of watching all the lefties who like dressing up as refs and collecting pucks get all bent out of shape.