SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

On the men's side, Dave Hakstol talked about the Olympics (see a later blog post on that), the Evan Trupp-Brad Malone-Matt Frattin line (see Thursday's story) and the need for the team to close the regular season strong against Michigan Tech.

UND is checking out some new line combinations this week during practice and Hakstol said that the Trupp-Malone-Frattin line might be the only one still together come Friday night.

Malone came to the rink wearing a pair of zubaz today, a Christmas gift from Jake Marto's girlfriend. Malone said it might be the best Christmas gift ever.

"You wouldn't believe the number of compliments I get on campus when I wear them," Malone said. "I have so many random people come up to me and say 'killer zubaz, man.' I love them."

They may be making a little bit of a revival with the team. Ben Blood says he's definitely ordering a pair. "They're awesome," he said. Blood also was the subject of this week's Q&A. It's a pretty good interview. I asked him if he knows that he scares 11,000 people half to death when he carries the puck through his own crease. Read his response on Friday.

The weekly Chay Genoway update is that he is working out on his own, but has not re-joined team workouts or practice or anything like that. He still has a way to go. As said previously here, his return may depend on how far UND can go this season. But Genoway's intention is to play again this season.

How come the games aren't showing up on FCS when I go through my guide? (I have digital cable, not satellite, and receive all 3 FCS channels)

Who is your digital cable through? Hopefully not Charter. It shows up on my digital cable box on FCSP.

How come the games aren't showing up on FCS when I go through my guide? (I have digital cable, not satellite, and receive all 3 FCS channels)

is shows they are on direct tv as as well. maybe its just an error

If UND ends up playing the Gophers in the playoffs, I'll be at least a bit glad that they beat UND so bad last time. A little added revenge factor. The Sioux are playing much better these days though. It would be great entertainment. :sad:

also there was no hextall or knight as well that series.

Very true...Hextall's a Gopher-killer and agitator. A big advantage over the last meeting is having both of those guys in the lineup for sure.

5-1 since hextall has came back i think. the goals per game have gone way up. knight has came into his own late whihc has helped this team.

sioux sweep

5-1

4-2

The Sioux need to keep up the momentum this weekend. After going through a strech of seven games where they were 1-6, they can turn that stat around with a 7-0 stretch heading into the postseason, and hopefully 9-0 going into the final five.

Regardless, if they sweep this weekend they'll have 20 wins going into the postseason, and I have no idea how the NCAA could keep a team with 20 wins out of the postseason, even if the Sioux didn't make the final five.

The Sioux need to keep up the momentum this weekend. After going through a strech of seven games where they were 1-6, they can turn that stat around with a 7-0 stretch heading into the postseason, and hopefully 9-0 going into the final five.

Regardless, if they sweep this weekend they'll have 20 wins going into the postseason, and I have no idea how the NCAA could keep a team with 20 wins out of the postseason, even if the Sioux didn't make the final five.

I think UND is getting pretty close to sowing up a at large bid unless some really crazy stuff happens.

What happened to David Toews this year? He really hasnt produced.

tough year for him as the numbers show. he played last saturday so looks like he and brunuteau are battling for that last roster spot nightly. still 2 years left for him and he has shown flashes. hope for his sake he can turn it around. cichy hasnt played in a while either. frattin coming back made it that much tougher to get on the ice it seems.

speaking of frattin.......he has really came on lately. awesome to see as that line has been very good

tough year for him as the numbers show. he played last saturday so looks like he and brunuteau are battling for that last roster spot nightly. still 2 years left for him and he has shown flashes. hope for his sake he can turn it around. cichy hasnt played in a while either. frattin coming back made it that much tougher to get on the ice it seems.

speaking of frattin.......he has really came on lately. awesome to see as that line has been very good

Cichy was pretty highly touted yet hasn't been getting the playing time. Rather surprising to be honest.

Cichy was pretty highly touted yet hasn't been getting the playing time. Rather surprising to be honest.

yeah he did though until frattin got back and then it became a 3 way race between toews-cichy and brunuteau as nobody else will be sitting. tough as remember the only reason knight came in is because frats got suspended so him coming back thorws a wrench in the roster numbers

Who is your digital cable through? Hopefully not Charter. It shows up on my digital cable box on FCSP.

Well, it's showing me the Denver/CC games, but no Sioux games. Never had a problem before. I have Time Warner Cable

What specific FCS channels are the games on both nights, I can just set it to record on those times then...

Thanks.

Well, it's showing me the Denver/CC games, but no Sioux games. Never had a problem before. I have Time Warner Cable

What specific FCS channels are the games on both nights, I can just set it to record on those times then...

Thanks.

My box says FCS-Central at 7:30 Friday, FCS-Central 7 on Saturday