SiouxSports.com Forum

Goaltending?

01grad

Each having played now, who looks the best? (#1)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Each having played now, who looks the best? (#1)

• Ziegelmann
    • Brandt
    • Parise
    • Tough to determine still

Now that they all have had a chance to play, who appears to be the strongest? It is hard to determine still, but I am curious to read what everybody else thinks. Who will be playing tonight against B.C.? I think it will be Brandt, anybody know? I think Blais will probably keep alternating them until somebody impresses him and then maybe will stick with one as he used to. I haven't heard too many comments about who Blais has the most confidence in, but since Parise started this big series he may be more composed, relaxed and impressing in practice thus far. He did have good positioning against B.C., but the penalties killed us. Nice picture on USCHO PCM!!!

Judging by play, Parise gets the nod. HOWEVER, I think it was either PCM or Schmittdoggydog who said that Blais would be platooning Parise and Brandt and have Ziggy back up both games. For that reason, I voted for Brandt.

And we should probably ask who deserves WCHA Rookie of the Week honors this week? Stafford or Parise? This week it's going to be a toss up.

I wonder if Bochenski will make USCHO offensive player of the week or at least runner up.

After the second BC game I think the question isn't who is the #1, it's who will be our #2. Jake made several amazing saves tonight and prooved that he's our #1!

I agree. Jake #1 and Parise #2.. i would also not mind rotating the 2 and keeping Ziggy for back up to both of htem.

Brandt was the Sioux bright spot last night, as BC's PP set up much better than the Sioux's and created good scoring chances. Jake even made a super save on the SHG, but with only two BC'ers in the picture, couldn't expect a second save.

Why does everyone keep saying we're -1 on the PP? Both UMD and BC have scored SHG, and we have yet scored a PP goal. We are actually -2. ;)

After Brandt's spectacular glove save, and some other really good saves, I'd like to stick with him as #1. He played really well down the stretch last season, and it looks like so far he is continuing that play.

I thought Jake played really well last night, and does not get the credit he deserves. Jordan played well also, so I guess Blais has some tough decisions to make. He should have a #1 goalie when the confrence season starts though to build up some confidence in someone. That was the problem last year, all the netmiders were so nervous that if they made one mistake they would be pulled.

Also, Ziggy should be the backup each night.

Anyone think Bina will get any playing time this year?

I thought Jake played really well last night, and does not get the credit he deserves. Jordan played well also, so I guess Blais has some tough decisions to make. He should have a #1 goalie when the confrence season starts though to build up some confidence in someone. That was the problem last year, all the netmiders were so nervous that if they made one mistake they would be pulled.

Also, Ziggy should be the backup each night.

Anyone think Bina will get any playing time this year?

Bina? Not really. With all the hype that Foyt has, I'd love to see him play though.

When you think about it, it doesn't look good for either getting much time even next year. Schneider and Hale graduate and Radke and Beaverson come in to take their place.

Come to think of it, we're leaving history behind. We were historically the small, fast team. Now we're becoming the giants.

I'd work on Bina to see if he can stick handle and skate. See how fast he is too. Maybe we can develop him into a Lee Marvin type role but faster.

As for Brandt/Parise- It's really a tough decision. I've seen Parise twice now (we all have but hey) and he's been strong, but he is letting them in. However, I really think Jordan is showing that he has GREAT potential but is really still just a freshman. Brandt needs to stay home more. Even Patrick Roy would tell him that now.

This is a tough call. I'd say stick with Brandt as your number one. He had an outstanding game on Saturday. Especially that glove save in the second (If you don't know which one I'm talking about and you watched it...what were you doing during the game?). Though I'd be just as comfortable with Parise between the pipes as Brandt.

Hold it a second everyone!

One game does not a season make... not for Brandt... not for Parise... and definitely not z-man.

Let us now forget... although we saw the side of Brandt that we all knew (hoped?) was there, he has also shown that he can let in a landslide of terrible goals and, at times, can be a total head-case.

To the contrary... we have not seen how the others will respond should they have a "bad" game. Will they bounce back... will they fold... will they play with doubt... will it just make them more determined.

So, for now, instead of making "#1's" and "#2's," I would suggest a short game of wait and see... for I would rather have a juggling act now, than in March! :D

I would agree with UNDLaw but really, I think Brandt has some motivation.

You see, Brandt has to have his game on and here's why: He has Parise and Z on his heels and Lamaroux (I know I misspelled his name, forgive me) coming in next year. If he chokes and doesn't do well, he will end up either another Ranfranz, quickly going from #1 ro a backup role fast, or at worst, another Siembida.

After the Siembida debacle, we all know Blais isn't about to put up with any crap. That's why it's pretty much do it or lose it... forever this year for Brandt.

I would agree with UNDLaw but really, I think Brandt has some motivation.

You see, Brandt has to have his game on and here's why:  He has Parise and Z on his heels and Lamaroux (I know I misspelled his name, forgive me) coming in next year.  If he chokes and doesn't do well, he will end up either another Ranfranz, quickly going from #1 ro a backup role fast, or at worst, another Siembida. 

After the Siembida debacle, we all know Blais isn't about to put up with any crap.  That's why it's pretty much do it or lose it... forever this year for Brandt.

Lets put it this way, from every thing that I hear and read Lammy is going to be the man next season more than likely, and from the way Jordan has played I have to believe he is going to probably be number two. Also, Blaiser is not going to cut Zach's brother. So do the math, there probably won't be 4 goalies next season. I think Brandt is going to have to prove himself to stay with UND or get playing time.