HoustonBaptist.jpg

Overall Record: 3-16

Conference Record: 2-1

RPI: 347

Last Action: 92-70 loss to South Dakota

Houston Baptist Website

Houston Baptist Audio---FREE

Houston Baptist Message Board

Houston Baptist started the game with a 10-2 lead and opened up the 2nd half with a 15-0 start. Thats a 25-2 run to start both halves. They also shot 40 free throws to our 17. Seems like we are getting homered alot lately on the free throw disparity.

I don't think it's getting homered as much as it is that our guys aren't quick or athletic enough to play good defense without fouling. On the flip side we have nobody who can take it to the rack and beat someone to draw a foul which is where a lot of fouls occur. I'm not saying that playing on the road is always a fair game but there is a lot more to it than just free throws. Good teams get to the line, bad teams foul a lot because they play sloppy defense. We are the latter, and HBU probably wouldn't fair that well in the DAC-10 based on what they have done so far this year. This is a team we should beat on a consistant basis. I mean the win against UTPA was a nice sign, but we need to be able to string more than 1 win together. Remember HBU went from NAIA to D1 when they made the jump. We definitely have an advantage over them.

The USD women also seemed to be getting hosed on alot of foul calls but they are not good enough to play through it. USD's men have been getting to the line alot this year and playing zone on D prevents other teams from getting to the line more than a man to man. I have actually been quite impressed with the start that UND has gotten off to in the conference on the mens side. The loss hurts alot but the Dakotas will now have the schedule to their favor with 5 of the last 7 conference games at home and not any of them against each other.

........playing zone on D prevents other teams from getting to the line more than a man to man.

That's funny, all we ever play is zone too.........I agree with SiouxDude, I think alot of it has to do with athleticism.

I have actually been quite impressed with the start that UND has gotten off to in the conference on the mens side. The loss hurts alot but the Dakotas will now have the schedule to their favor with 5 of the last 7 conference games at home and not any of them against each other.

Until we meet in the post-season, which is where we normally end your year after getting swept during the regular season! :sad:

OMG, the 347th rpi? whats D1 have? 347 teams? wow, time to just focus on hockey up there, o wait, denver u. what a freakin embarassment, I met brian jones last year in a gas station, and he was telling me how up and coming his team will be, ha ha. I dont know why im even commenting, but damn, this loss is right up there with mayville state. Thank god NDSU is smart enough to avoid you guys for 6 years now, hopefully 60 more. what a joke.

OMG, the 347th rpi? whats D1 have? 347 teams? wow, time to just focus on hockey up there, o wait, denver u. what a freakin embarassment, I met brian jones last year in a gas station, and he was telling me how up and coming his team will be, ha ha. I dont know why im even commenting, but damn, this loss is right up there with mayville state. Thank god NDSU is smart enough to avoid you guys for 6 years now, hopefully 60 more. what a joke.

Just more proof you do care lakes. Always have and always will. Just can't stay away.

Congratulations!! You have won Jackass of the Day.

What has he won Johnny??

He has won membership status to an elite moo-U that is running a deficit, chased it's president out of town and has buildings falling down as we speak.

Is that all Johnny?

No, I'm sure there is much more to come, but it'll continue to trickle out of Ag-ville.

Thanks for playing Jackass of the Day.

homer 8 posts in 3 years (with really only 4 posts, cuz i always have to do a rebuttle reply to some dumbass like you who says "YOU ALWAYS ON HERE.. bla bla bla" ) it was the 347th team, seriously, just shut down, fb, bb, wbb. you're embarassing the state.

Only 8 posts here but you have probably reached the thousands by posting about UND on bisonville, bisonsports, media blogs and newspaper comments sections. :sad: You can't deny that and every poster on any of those sites wouldn't argue with me.

You care lakes. We've moved on and if tearing down UND is what it takes to make you feel better than go ahead and do it. We all know they are going to play again and when UND wins your head is going to explode. It will start with the baseball games and just carry over.

............seriously, just shut down, fb, bb, wbb. you're embarassing the state.

You are of course aware that North Dakota's football team had twice as many wins as NDSU last season.........and our WBB program is 30 spots ahead of the Bison in the RPI. But at least Saul's squad is tearing it up on the hardwood...............

Now why don't you add something of substance to the conversation rather than just trolling.........LINK

You are of course aware that North Dakota's football team had twice as many wins as NDSU last season.........and our WBB program is 30 spots ahead of the Bison in the RPI. But at least Saul's squad is tearing it up on the hardwood...............

Now why don't you add something of substance to the conversation rather than just trolling.........LINK

HAHAHAHA......................Lakes add something of substance to any conversation is funny. Good one bin.

which football team lost to 2 NAIA schools?? haha

i wouldn't put to much stock into RPI. i'm sure there are worse teams than houston baptist

which football team lost to 2 NAIA schools?? haha

i wouldn't put to much stock into RPI. i'm sure there are worse teams than houston baptist

I don't know, which football team DID lose to 2 NAIA schools? My guess is that most NAIA teams did, but that probably isn't who you meant. UND lost to 1 FBS, 3 FCS and 1 NAIA school, who also happened to win the NAIA National title, so that couldn't possibly be who you meant. Did you stump yourself?

Bin you forgot to mention our wrestling team beat #4 ranked Boise State - our SB team is ranked #26 in the Nation - Track teams have a good change to win the conference again and have some members compete at Nationals.

Bin you forgot to mention our wrestling team beat #4 ranked Boise State - our SB team is ranked #26 in the Nation - Track teams have a good change to win the conference again and have some members compete at Nationals.

RASSLIN'??

What does any of this have to do with Sioux basketball?

See, now there's a substantative post! :D I was just responding to Lakes' post...........he's the one who brought up football & basketball...........

How the mighty have fallen. You just resorted to bragging about Wrestling, Softball, and Track to attempt to win an argument.

This is too good, may have to save that post.

Good for you - you see we value more than a double of sports and actually do well in them.

Right. I will counter that with the fact that every Bison fan in the world would gladly trade the successes of Softball, Volleyball, and Wrestling for a dominant, winning football team