SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston College at UND

PCM

"Is it just me or are we saying Mottau in every other sentence"

Should have been saying, " Mottau with another defensive whiff on a Sioux forward", then it could have been in every sentence.

Instead of Flutie pictures, how about the picture of hobey-winner, Mike Mottau, down on one knee hanging his head in defeat after Lee Goren scored the empty net goal in 2000. That is a classic!

As for Farkas, the only similarity he has to Jordan is they are both out of their respective sports.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of Flutie pictures, how about the picture of hobey-winner, Mike Mottau, down on one knee hanging his head in defeat after Lee Goren scored the empty net goal in 2000. That is a classic!

That photo is displayed huge in the REA lobby. I'm sure many BC fans will see it on their way into the arena. In fact, two years ago, I arranged for a tour of the REA for a couple of BC fans. They definitely noticed that particular picture.

While we're giving the students their marching orders, how 'bout they make a sign referring to our D-men as "Eaves-droppers"?

I like it! We just need to get the signs made big enough to easily show up on TV.

You guys are hilarious, but I feel it would be wiser & more productive to yell very loudly. I think BC players would get more distracted with 11,500 screaming fans than a corny cutout of Flutie, unless you guys are just planning this for comedic purposes.

Sioux aren't exactly at full strength while BC is locked & loaded. I think they have all their guys back, while Zach is perhaps less than 100%, M. Jones is still aching & Prpich is out Friday night. Don't exactly know the status of McMahon, either, & how healthy he is...

You guys are hilarious, but I feel it would be wiser & more productive to yell very loudly.

Nobody is saying that the sight gags are a substitute for 11,000 screaming, rabid, rowdy Sioux fans. It's just another way to have a little fun at BC's expense. ;)

Jeff Farkas was the Michael Jordan of college hockey!!!

I've been carrying a flame saying "Ban Jack Edwards from Professional Sportscasting" since that series.

That pinhead on USCHO is just one of his groupies.

Good Grief, Jeff Farkas is the best darn thing since the Almighty invented ice, by Mr. "Blabberjaw" Edwards' own admission. Of course, his NHL impact has been... oh wait! He's been traded to Vancouver (I think?) and oh yeah, looking very Gretzky like in the AHL. So far, neither Mottau nor Farkas has turned out into anything more than middle of the road NHLers that have trouble finding ice time.

I still remember Jeff Farkas' "Move of the playoffs" and Goehring stoned him. No mention of the save. I don't care if the guy does a high jump, toe clip into a triple lutz while singing god bless america and shooting sunshine out of his breezers, but if it is going to be the "move of the playoffs" that features a shot on goal, there better be a red light on after the shot.

Can you tell I have no respect of Jack Edwards? ;)

SFiP, did you see the 2000 Frozen Four championship game or a tape of it? That's the joke.

I get the joke, but I don't think many easterners who see the game would considering it happened 3 years ago. Perhaps I'm wrong. That's why I thought you guys might be investing a little too much time & energy in it. It's funny, though, & I hope you guys have a good time with it...

You guys are hilarious, but I feel it would be wiser & more productive to yell very loudly. I think BC players would get more distracted with 11,500 screaming fans than a corny cutout of Flutie, unless you guys are just planning this for comedic purposes.

Sioux aren't exactly at full strength while BC is locked & loaded. I think they have all their guys back, while Zach is perhaps less than 100%, M. Jones is still aching & Prpich is out Friday night. Don't exactly know the status of McMahon, either, & how healthy he is...

Good luck getting everyone in the REA to yell and screem. 75% of the time it's just the students and a handful of dedicated Sioux fans making noise. The rest are just there to get better resolution than their non-HDTV can give them ;)

Forecheck:

You must know some students who work at liquor stores or video rental places. They always have lifesize cutouts of somebody on display. Down load a gigundo copy of Flutie's face (doesn't he have an autism website or one for Flutie Flakes?--which would be a good name for the students sitting with the cutout) and paste it over the model. If you can do this, I'll donate toward any costs.

Nope, but I looked into it. Kinkos can make a large poster, which I could just cut out and paste onto cardboard. I liked the Eaves-Dropping thing though. ;)

I managed to see the B.C. Eagles as they came off of the air plane today, wow, they have some size to them. Should be a good series.

Good, but who's in charge of running through their hotel lobby with a ghettoblaster at 3:00 am Friday morning? I vote for PCM because no one would consider him a suspect afterwards with his impeccable reputation ;)

Sounds good to me.

I'm kinda hoping that Greene does the same scene vs BC as in Slapshot (running by the BC Bench and knocking them all in the head with the stick). It'd be awesome. Curious: How many counts of high sticking would he get? One double minor? A 5 minute major?

How many people here want to make a wager that Derek Sheperd will be the ref?

Good, but who's in charge of running through their hotel lobby with a ghettoblaster at 3:00 am Friday morning? I vote for PCM because no one would consider him a suspect afterwards with his impeccable reputation ;)

Sorry, but I have to maintain my journalistic integrity or what little is left of it after hanging around this board. hypnotized.gifdoh.gif

I watched a bit of BC's practice this evening at the REA. I didn't see anything that the Sioux couldn't handle.