SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston College at UND

PCM

Anyone see "American Psycho"?

"INTO THAT WHOLE YALE THING"

Patrick Bateman: He was into that whole Yale thing.

Donald Kimball: Yale thing?

Patrick Bateman: Yeah, Yale thing.

Donald Kimball: What whole Yale thing?

Patrick Bateman: Well, he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

Or, check out www.yale.edu/athletic/Showcase/Mhockey/dog_tags.htm

There's some funny stuff about the players there that could be exploited by a ruthless student section like ours. I especially like the little known fact that goalie Peter Cohen's uncle invented the "Floby [i think that's spelled "Flowbee"] hair cutting tool."

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beating a dead (bull)dog

RE: Thomas A Beckett, AD for Yale http://www.yale.edu/opa/ybc/v26.n16.news.04.html

AD since 1994 -- known around campus as "Yale's Biggest Fan" -- has attended almost every event over a 4 year period --- (he has) professionalism, energy and devotion -------- is he related to the "Saint" Thomas Beckett??

Having heard the exchange over the radio last year, I'm still peeved. Here is the HEAD OF THE ATHLETIC DEPT of YALE, yes YALE, threatening to take outside a radio guy, while Matt Jones is laying on the ice -- truthfully the events or non-events don't matter -- never, never should the AD lose his/her head at a public event (especially to the extent that he calls someone outside for a fist-a-cuff).

Did Roger Thomas try to take out the fans at NDSU when they verbally and physically harrassed the basketball staff? NO -- the situation was handled in a level headed manner and it was resolved.

The Yale AD came across as an arrogant, unprofessional hack; don't deny it, it was broadcast across the state of ND & western MN. As someone employeed by an Ivy League school, his lack of professionalism at a public athletic event was truly amazing. And yes, because it is YALE there is a higher standard .... I honestly can't believe that there were no consequences for his words and actions. What if this had been a Boston College announcer that was called out? Would not a stink have been raised, resulting in some statement to the effect, "I regret that my words and actions may have reflected poorly on the fine reputation of the Yale Bulldog hockey team, staff and fans" ... etc ?

Obviously, with no apology given/forthcoming, Mr. Beckett and the Yale organization didn't have the respect for the listening public to apologize for his unprofessionalism. (And it isn't as if he didn't know that he could be on a live broadcast -- the security guard wouldn't have him removed when Tim H. and/or Dan Benson requested his removal, because he (Beckett) had been in those seats for a long time.) If he flew off the handle listening to Tim H., how in the world does he handle other stressful events/press releases ?

Bottom line is: he is a highly paid and touted professional, maybe he should remember that and make sure his words and actions are worthy of respect.

"Yale AD: arrogant, ignorant, or both?" :D

How 'bout this? We get a picture of Beckett and one of Hennessey and superimpose them on the bodies of boxers with gloves raised. Heading: "Tonight's Undercard" or "Grudge Match" or "I went to a Hockey Game & a Fight Broke Out." Or sumpin' like that.

How 'bout this?  We get a picture of Beckett and one of Hennessey and superimpose them on the bodies of boxers with gloves raised.  Heading: "Tonight's Undercard" or "Grudge Match" or "I went to a  Hockey Game & a Fight Broke Out."  Or sumpin' like that.

:D

Ed? I was talking about radio broadcasters, not a rambling radio rabblerouser(s)!

I just think it's interesting that a broadcaster (i.e. whom Jerry York calls "Timmy") well known in hockey circles for over 20 years in the WCHA, HE, ECAC, CHA, you get the drift, is called out, but since it's done by a YALE guy he (YALE guy) doesn't get at least a little grief over that? Sertich's butt pat (or whatever it was) resulted in an apology, which was warranted -- it wasn't a good reflection on the school/team; just as the AD's harangue reflected poorly on his position.