SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston College at UND

PCM

I'm pretty sure it is the Holiday Inn for a few reasons:

1) Location

2) Location

3) Location

I do know that visiting artists, like Kenny Chesney stayed at the Holiday Inn. I only know that because I had a friend who worked there at the time. Last year, the hockey teams stayed there too. Probably this year too.

FYI- Alex Leavitt sued UW over that incident this week. Didn't know it was in GF when it happened.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of a possible stumbling block to the whole cardboard cut out. Will he be able to sit down? Because if he can't it could spell trouble. Perhaps you need to add hinges to his knees. Afterall, we wouldn't want to anger all those lovable suite holders and season ticket people! :(;)

I watched a bit of BC's practice this evening at the REA. I didn't see anything that the Sioux couldn't handle.

Let's hope then that their 2 games with the Sioux resemble their practices...Maybe the B.C. team will cry themselves to sleep tonight after their beloved Red Sox choke again & be too depressed to play their A game...BOO HOO...maybe some fans can taunt them about this...

I just thought of a possible stumbling block to the whole cardboard cut out. Will he be able to sit down? Because if he can't it could spell trouble. Perhaps you need to add hinges to his knees. Afterall, we wouldn't want to anger all those lovable suite holders and season ticket people! :):(

Diggler...I thought you were smarter than that. It's a life-sized cutout of Flutie...it won't get in anyone's way, even if it was on top of the seat. ;)

Virg Foss has some info about the BC-UND series in his column in today's Herald. The most important news is that Patrick Eaves twisted his knee in practice, but will play. Zach Parise and Matt Jones will play. Tyler Palmiscno will likely see some action this weekend. Virg also has a good article about the reunion of Shattuck-St. Mary's players for this series.

Forecheck: If you go the poster route with Flutie, I'm still willing to pitch in to defray costs. I think this would be hilarious even if it's just an inside joke for a few 100,000 people. When I got home from Providence and watched the tape, I couldn't believe how the broadcast treated UND as an afterthought and made The Flaky One the sideshow. Plus, I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan and have hated Flutie ever since the football gods answered his Hail Mary. Boy, can I carry a grudge! I can also print up the "2:00 for Eaves-dropping" signs and bring them to you at the Ralph. Are you and your friends still behind the penalty box?

Yeah we're still behind the penalty box. :( Thanks Yane! The picture would be more than I'm willing to spend, so donations would be appreciated. I took the picture that PCM gave me to Kinkos at 8:30 this morning, and unfortunately it sounded like they wouldn't be able to get the enlarged picture of Flutie made until tomorrow afternoon. He checked a list to see who was coming in today when I asked if it could be made by this afternoon, and he said probably not. Too bad I didn't get going on this sooner!

Those signs would be hilarious if you want to print them up. Plus I sit a few rows behind the visitors penalty box, so all the better. ;)

I've been carrying a flame saying "Ban Jack Edwards from Professional Sportscasting" since that series.

That pinhead on USCHO is just one of his groupies.

Good Grief, Jeff Farkas is the best darn thing since the Almighty invented ice, by Mr. "Blabberjaw" Edwards' own admission. Of course, his NHL impact has been... oh wait! He's been traded to Vancouver (I think?) and oh yeah, looking very Gretzky like in the AHL. So far, neither Mottau nor Farkas has turned out into anything more than middle of the road NHLers that have trouble finding ice time.

I still remember Jeff Farkas' "Move of the playoffs" and Goehring stoned him. No mention of the save. I don't care if the guy does a high jump, toe clip into a triple lutz while singing god bless america and shooting sunshine out of his breezers, but if it is going to be the "move of the playoffs" that features a shot on goal, there better be a red light on after the shot.

Can you tell I have no respect of Jack Edwards? ;)

Farkas suffered a career ending back injury. I have a friend who loves Jeff Farkas.

Hey, PCM:

Let me in on the plan. I'm almost out the door to shop for posterboard. My printer is throwing toner around like a drunken sailor so I may have to resort to magic marker. Bad penmanship is the curse of the ccomputer age.

Forecheck: How much would help you out? $10?

I hate Jack Edwards also, idiot.

Both those guys who broadcast the the 2000 BC-UND championship games were bozos. They were so pro-BC it wasn't funny and they acted as if Mottau was the only player worth mentioning.

However, I have to say that after watching Farkas against St. Lawrence and UND at the Frozen Four, he was one of the best players on either team. Remember, it was Farkas who undressed Roche, faked out Goehring and then hit the crossbar to nearly score a shorthanded goal. Had the puck gone in, it would have been an amazing play that probably would have changed the course of the game.

Farkas deserved the accolades he received. Mottau did not.

I hope there is a packed and noisy crowd at the Ralph tonight. I watched the previous two friday College Hockey games of the week on CSTV. Being a Sioux hockey fan and a college hockey fan, I find it embarassing to see all the empty seats in those arenas. I can understand the first game in Dayton between St. Lawrence and Miami, OH. An away game for both teams, but Ohio State/Notre Dame was on OSU home ice. I guess they aren't big on hockey there.

It's too bad they couldn't have set their schedule to show more packed houses. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sioux 2-3 times a year on CSTV. Either way, let's kick some Eagle butt tonight!