SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston College at UND

PCM

It's hard to believe that nobody has started a thread on this series before now. I guess that we were all too busy discussing the Gophers and Maine. ;)Here's an article from the Boston Globe on the BC Eagles and the expectations for this season. Blais mentioned on the coaches show Wednesday night that out east, the Eagles are being touted as a national championship team.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we need a disclaimer saying no hockey talk shall occur on these message boards.

Well, that would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it? ;)

I took a look at the BC Eagles fan forum on http://www.eagleaction.com. There's not a lot of talk about his game over there, either. Some BC fans think the Eagles can sweep the Sioux while others are a bit more realistic and expect a split. One of their fans thinks the Sioux are a one-line team with a freshman goalie.

I'd feel more comfortable about this series if I knew Matt Jones was 100 percent.

They have a freshman who is 6'7"?? Good Lord, I thought we had some big guys on our team!

PCM, find out where we can get cardboard cutouts and I'd gladly get one made. :(

Brian Boyle. I've heard he's got slow feet though. He's more of a Grant Potulney type: sit-in-front-of-the-net-and-bang-in-shots style of player. Smaby and Greene will have to boot his bostonian arse out of the crease ;)

Here's a BC fan who's been reading too much from Gopher posters on uscho (posted at eagleaction):

No reason to expect anything LESS than a sweep. A split would be a disappointment. UND is a one-line team who has a freshman goaltender and questionable defense.

He goes by the handle of Pinhead, which seems to fit.

I think pinhead #2 might be darin. Let him think UND is a one line team, etc. What a dink. Then when Stafford and Massen light up the Beagles for about 6 goals this weekend, Smaby plows Boyle into the zamboni entrance and Brandt/Parise shut down the PEE, I mean VEE, line, darin can be dumbfounded.

Hey, you are stealing my material from previous posts. The cardboard cutout of Doug Flutie was my idea.

As long as it happens, does it really matter whose idea it was? Forecheck's on the case, so I think we've got the ball rolling.

Anyone got any good Flutie pictures? The bigger, the better.

Forecheck:

You must know some students who work at liquor stores or video rental places. They always have lifesize cutouts of somebody on display. Down load a gigundo copy of Flutie's face (doesn't he have an autism website or one for Flutie Flakes?--which would be a good name for the students sitting with the cutout) and paste it over the model. If you can do this, I'll donate toward any costs.

If they're like typcial BC teams, they will have a tough time getting going if we take the game to them and keep them buried in their own zone. Keeps the pressure on them and increases their shifts. Strong forechecking and a punishing physical game might be enough to make the VEE line play like the EVE line. ;) Our guys have to be up for this one, and I would expect a helluva series.

I have to wonder if two consectutive weekends on the road for long distances from home may have an effect on the them, especially this early in the season when their conditioning probably hasn't peaked. Then if an errant marching band decides to practice in their hotel parking lot, oh, say about 4:00 am ... maybe a fire alarm ... :):(