SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Niagara and Notre Dame/Colgate

AZSIOUX

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A huge Cabella's is in the complex along with other shopping. 5 minutes outside the arena is residential with an area of multi-million mansions.

If your 20 minutes east, your in shopping heaven for your wife & daughter. Woodfield Mall, the largest Mall in the US until Mall of Amer. was built & Ikea & loads of other Malls are around. You won't lack for things to do.

Restaurants galore, A real tourist attraction.

If your 20 minutes west, there's still alot of shopping & restaurants, but nothing like the other way.

We just got tickets so I'll try to stop by. Not sure where we are sitting yet.

A huge Cabellas would not be good for me, I have trouble getting out of the one in EGF or in southern Minnesota.

Wed update from the Sioux blog:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=67297

The weekly press conferences were held in the morning, because the team is practicing earlier with no school going on.

It started with coach Dave Hakstol and forward Matt Frattin addressing the media about Frattin's return. Hakstol said that there's a good chance Frattin will be in the lineup on Saturday when the Sioux play Niagara. There will be more from Frattin later.

As for the injury situation, nothing has changed in regards to Chay Genoway. He will not play in Notre Dame's tournament this weekend, but he will make the trip with the rest of the team.

"It will be nice not having to see him standing in the tunnel as the bus pulls away," Hakstol said.

Darcy Zajac also is making the trip with the team. He's not going to play this weekend after having hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago. But Hakstol said that Zajac is making good progress and is either ahead of schedule or right on schedule. Zajac already is doing light skating.

Brett Hextall said that the first three practices this week have been pretty spirited and tough. He also said there is an excitement in the air around the locker room with Frattin being back.

Good to hear that both Genoway and Zajac will be making the trip, despite not being able to play. Great news on Zajac already skating! And you have to think that Genoway is close to returning if he can make the trip with the team. Looking forward to seeing what Fratts can do against Niagara!

Does any know if tickets can be purchased at the door?

Don't know but I expect to see vast fields of open seats, so you're probably OK.

This was a key weekend last year, and they laid a couple stinky eggs that nearly cost them an NCAA bid. Any slip-up the rest of the way and they were out of the tourney; fortunately they hardly lost the rest of the way.

Near perfection the rest of the way seems like a tall order this year, so they simply must do well now, in these key nonconference games. It will be hard to generate energy in a big empty building, but they've got to get past that and win a few games.

Wed update from the Sioux blog:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=67297

Good to hear that both Genoway and Zajac will be making the trip, despite not being able to play. Great news on Zajac already skating! And you have to think that Genoway is close to returning if he can make the trip with the team. Looking forward to seeing what Fratts can do against Niagara!

The word I heard was that not much has really changed with Chay. That is good news that Zajac is skating already. Zajac must also have a pretty good pain tolerance.

The word I heard was that not much has really changed with Chay.

If he hasn't changed much then I would doubt that they would bring him with on the roadtrip.

He would probably still be advised to sit at home and rest up to try to clear the PCS symptoms. That's just my guess, and I'm no doctor. ;)

Hopefully he's recovering well and can join the team in the next month!

Zajac's hernia surgery isn't a huge issue other than having to miss some time. I've had two hernia operations in gadeschool, and after a week of being sore, it wasn't much of an issue. U still have to let it heal, but my guess is it will be a 3 to 4 week ordeal.

If he hasn't changed much then I would doubt that they would bring him with on the roadtrip.

He would probably still be advised to sit at home and rest up to try to clear the PCS symptoms. That's just my guess, and I'm no doctor. ;)

Well, they are bringing the whole team to Chicago so it just doesn't seem right to leave the poor guy at home! :p

For young guys, maybe.....for men my age, there's nothing that I can think of that would make a couple of hours at the mall worthwhile.

Wow, you must be old.

If I ever feel that way it's time to slam the box shut & throw me in the ground.

I'm getting up there, but I can still appreciate beauty when I see it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to sit in the mall, but if there's nothing else to do I could handle

a couple hours of sitting around looking.

He would probably still be advised to sit at home and rest up to try to clear the PCS symptoms. That's just my guess, and I'm no doctor. :D

That came from Sioux Rube who knows someone close to the situation.

Hakstol says nothing has changed with Genoway's status. They are handling the situation week-to-week, rather than day-to-day. Every player on the roster will travel to Chicago this weekend, including Genoway.

Also on the injury front, Hakstol said Zajac is on schedule, and possibly even ahead of schedule, following Dec. 15 surgery for an undisclosed injiury. The original timetable for Zajac's return was 4-6 weeks but he has already begun skating.

[Fighting Sioux]

That came from Sioux Rube who knows someone close to the situation.

One indication that Chay might be doing better is the fact that he is cleared to travel. Flying can aggravate concussions for some people, and they are often told not to fly when they are having problems. Definitely no indication that he is just about ready to play, but it might be a sign of progress.

One indication that Chay might be doing better is the fact that he is cleared to travel. Flying can aggravate concussions for some people, and they are often told not to fly when they are having problems. Definitely no indication that he is just about ready to play, but it might be a sign of progress.

On WDAZ there was a clip at the end that looked like Genoway was doing some light skating on the ice. I don't know if anyone else saw that?

Wow, you must be old.

If I ever feel that way it's time to slam the box shut & throw me in the ground.

I'm getting up there, but I can still appreciate beauty when I see it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to sit in the mall, but if there's nothing else to do I could handle

a couple hours of sitting around looking.

Oh, I appreciate beauty, but I also detest shopping and crowds which = mall.......I live in a college town.....I can see beauty almost any time.

Those are my thoughts as well.

The team wouldn't have him flying to Chicago if it could possibly re-aggravate the concussion.

Hopefully this is a good sign...

Those are my thoughts as well.

The team wouldn't have him flying to Chicago if it could possibly re-aggravate the concussion.

Hopefully this is a good sign...

I don't know if you guys remember Finley flew to C.C. last season and had a set back. I am not going to look to far into it.