SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers-Maine

NorthDakotaHockey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UND ever gets invited to the Stampede, you should do your best to make the trip.

Lots of good seats available, TVs showing baseball and football for between periods/games, at least 20 bars within walking distance of the arena.

As for the importance of the Maine game, all non-conference games are very important. I take solace that the Gophers still play BU twice and probably UNH and winning those games or even just two will give them a decent record against Hockey Least. These games are very important for the common opponent part of PWR, with many eastern teams, there just aren't many common opponent games played.

Good luck next weekend, I hope the BC boys really get spanked.

I had seen a prediction on USCHO this summer that the Gophers would be the first undefeated team since Cornell in 1970 on their way to their third national championship in a row.

I think it's hilarious that they then go out and lose the first game of the season.

Yeah I know it's October and it only matters that you're playing well at the end of the season just like the Gophers have the last two years but it has to be a big disappointment to come out an lay such a big egg on the opener.

Oh well. I'm sure they will be playing much better on Nov. 7-8 when they play the Sioux.

For the little I watched of the Gopher Maine game I heard Woog's and Mozzoco's comments on the Sioux goalies. Hahaha. I think the Sioux have a better goalie situation than the Goophers right now. So many young guys coming in and the veteran Brandt and Ranfranz.

Woog and Mozzoco called the Sioux's goalie situation a "lazy susan." I just sat and laughed at that comment.

Just for fun

As up and down as our goalies are I think we should have goalie subs during games. Like whenever Blais thinks one goalie is going down hill in a point in the game just switch goalies during play. We could stack two lines of players and then have 5 goalies to switch with.

I'm messing with you guys! :0

I also wanted to say. What an awful weekend to be a Gopher fan!!! Hahaha that's a shame they blow a lead in football and get pounded in hockey against Maine. I really feel bad for them :D

It's amazing how the ranking system works.

I STILL think Maine is overrated. Yeah, they have an ok offense and a decent goaltender, but so what? Whoopie. Let's just wait until they play Providence and split or perhaps get swept. I will say it for the Sioux as well as Maine and the Gophers too: Lose to an unranked team and you have to question just how much of a threat they are.

We lost to MTU last season. They lost to Providence like twice? I think there were other unranked teams that beat them too. Main'es overrated and they will be for quite some time until they can show the world that they can sweep all the unranked teams and suffer loses to only teams that are highly ranked if they lose at all. Blah.

Maine won't be #5 for very long. I project them to end up ranked #9 or #10

It's amazing how the ranking system works.

I STILL think Maine is overrated. Yeah, they have an ok offense and a decent goaltender, but so what? Whoopie. Let's just wait until they play Providence and split or perhaps get swept. I will say it for the Sioux as well as Maine and the Gophers too: Lose to an unranked team and you have to question just how much of a threat they are.

We lost to MTU last season. They lost to Providence like twice? I think there were other unranked teams that beat them too. Main'es overrated and they will be for quite some time until they can show the world that they can sweep all the unranked teams and suffer loses to only teams that are highly ranked if they lose at all. Blah.

Maine won't be #5 for very long. I project them to end up ranked #9 or #10

Do you notice how quiet this board is this week? Not much smack talking from our pals to the southeast. We can thank Maine, in part, for that.

I couldn't care less where they are ranked, I am just glad they shutout the Gophers!

From the South East, Maine did look very good both nights. I expected them to let down against UW and have a close game. They didn't and buried them. That is a sign of a good team.

It is very early, I have no problem ranking Maine highly now. They earned it. They were big, physical, oppurtunistic and have two goalies that would likely be a #1 at UM or UND.

As for the Gophers, thirty wins before NCAA play is unrealistic. Look for a top three finish in WCHA, at least a WCHA tourney finalist and hopefully another run to and through the Frozen Four.

The Sioux fans should expect the same from there team.

The season is very young, but trash talking has become a year around activity for a lot of people throughout the country. And although the Gopher fans on this board are fairly well-behaved, I am convinced that if the Gophs would have won the Maverick Stampede that at least one UofM fan would have posted something about the Gophs picking up where they left off or something of the like. Thankfully, we will never know. ;)

The season is very young, but trash talking has become a year around activity for a lot of people throughout the country. And although the Gopher fans on this board are fairly well-behaved, I am convinced that if the Gophs would have won the Maverick Stampede that at least one UofM fan would have posted something about the Gophs picking up where they left off or something of the like. Thankfully, we will never know. ;)

Hey, I aim to please! :(

WPoS