SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers-Maine

NorthDakotaHockey

Gophers are getting their clocks cleaned by Maine. 3-0, five minutes left in the second. If Johnson were not standing on his head, the score would be about 5-0.

Gophies look pretty lackluster. Building is still largely empty, as home crowd is just getting off work to watch their beloved UNO squad take the ice against Bucky Badger in game 2.

At least the Gopher fans will likely be shut up for the first week of the season. Maybe it is those "Shop at Minnesota Mortgage" patches that Lucia has the boys wearing that has them a bit discombobulated.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI for those far away from G.F., I was surprised to see that this game is actually on my tv on one of my cable package's Fox Sports Digital channels. I can normally just get Badger games.

What's the over-under on Wooger pointing out that Minnesota beat Maine to win the 2002 championship?

What's the over-under on Wooger pointing out that Minnesota beat Maine to win the 2002 championship?

The frequency of the Potuluny GWG replay increases with each Maine goal tonight :D

Tons of defensive giveaways, forwards not bothering to backcheck, looks like the Gophs under Woog. Maine fans are gaining confidence anyway.

They've shown that goal more times than the Legg goal in Michigan, I'm sure.

Maine has simply outplayed the Gophers this game. First period could easily have been 3-0 had it not been for Johnson. Gophers got some better chances in the 2nd, but Howard has come up big for Maine.

Anyone else hear Mazocco's comment about a UND goalie being player of the week being a headline? :D

Still 4-0 Maine 13:50 to go in the Third.

Seasons long, it means virtually nothing right now.

I think it means something. For one thing, it counts in the PWR. Secondly, not exactly a stellar way to start the season. A team with this much talent shouldn't get smoked like this, first game or not. Sounds like they were terribly out-of-sync. They'll no doubt be strong this year, but they're by no means invincible. Sounds like "sagard" was right & that defense may be a question mark for them...

Anyone else hear Mazocco's comment about a UND goalie being player of the week being a headline? :D

Yep. And Wooger's comments about yo-yos and rotation of goalies and etc (a very insight full comment) ..... I also liked when they showed the top scorers of the WCHA from last year, and the only returning one was Vanek, well, er, whoops as Mazoc-coco-puffs stated "I guess Brandon Bochenski is returning too". But as the dynamic duo stated they're not perfect. :0 I don't mind listening to them so long as it isn't my team the gophers are playing. The Woog as Mr. Rogers skit was good -- par for the course (he reminded me more of Eddie Murphy playing Mr. Rogers, than Mr. Rogers playing Mr. Rogers -- flash to Frank playing "ButtWheat"!!!

I wouldn't want to be on/the team playing the gophers tomorrow. They haven't lost back to back in how long? UNO/Wis. will have a long day tomorrow.

Too bad the headline this week will be "Black Bears shutout Gophers". I guess Howard is a little better then the Gophers selfproclaimed best four lines in college hockey top to bottom. :0

FYI for those far away from G.F., I was surprised to see that this game is actually on my tv on one of my cable package's Fox Sports Digital channels. I can normally just get Badger games.

I get cable, too, but only have Fox Sports Arizona (regional coverage). Does Fox offer packages for other regional action? I heard about a month ago that Fox was advertising a Fox Pacific/Central/Atlantic but don't know if I could get adequate coll. hockey coverage with this. I would call my cable provider but they're closed now. It bites not having satellite & my area isn't eligible for CSTV via cable (only satellite)...

I get cable, too, but only have Fox Sports Arizona (regional coverage). Does Fox offer packages for other regional action? I heard about a month ago that Fox was advertising a Fox Pacific/Central/Atlantic but don't know if I could get adequate coll. hockey coverage with this.

With Charter I get 4 Fox Sports networks; I think they're named Fox Sports North, Fox Sports N.E., and Fox Sports Central, in addition to the local Fox Sports. The North is often good for Badgers/Gophers and the N.E. has some Hockey East. Clearly it will vary dramatically based on your vable provider. You won't ever get any Sioux without a big dish except when they're playing the Gophers.

You can see the total offerings of your local provider by going to http://www.tvguide.com and selecting your provider. That will show you a listing of everything any provider offers so you can see if there's some sort of digital package that includes additional Fox Sports networks. You can then check to see what (if any) games would have been on any given time. Unless you're a gopher fan, it's probably not worth going out of your way to try to get additional Fox Sports Nets for college hockey.

Useless stat...Maine returns 38% of it's scoring, the Gophers return 87%. Who's going to score for Maine?...Todd Jackson twice, Colin Sheilds once, and I didn't see goal #2. I think the Gophers may have underestimated Maine.

Mazzocco also stated that we have a lot of goalies up here. My count is 3. Hey, the Gophers have 3 too, I guess they have too many also. I actually liked listening to Woog tonight...it was entertaining.

I also liked when they showed the top scorers of the WCHA from last year, and the only returning one was Vanek, well, er, whoops as Mazoc-coco-puffs stated "I guess Brandon Bochenski is returning too."

Shane Joseph is also returning I believe, another name on the list.

Mazzocco also stated that we have a lot of goalies up here. My count is 3. Hey, the Gophers have 3 too, I guess they have too many also. I actually liked listening to Woog tonight...it was entertaining.

Not to pile on but also Frank Mazzacco also said UND goalie situation was like a lazy susan and it just we just kept rotating them around and around or something like that. Don't forget we have more coming next season. I am surprised the pull tab issue didn't come up too...

No offense but our goaltending last weekend looked better than the Gopher's did tonight. Second I remember someone saying how much better UofM's defense was than UND's hardly, I just dont' see it. Minnesota couldn't even cycle the puck out of their own end.