SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Hockey Road Trip information - Al's Bus!

LadyDy

First Trip of the Year! Friday - Saturday, Nov 6th and 7th vs. Michigan Tech. Bus leaves from the Ralph at 6:00 AM on Friday November 6th. Returning - leaves Houghton on Sunday morning, Nov. 8th. Cost is $150.00/person - Includes: Bus ride, game tickets, refreshments :ohmy: on the bus and bus driver's tip. Hotel rooms are reserved at the Best Western for $56.00/night - you pay that on your own after we get there. Send $150.00 deposit to Al Pearson now at: Al Pearson PO Box 5634 Grand Forks, ND 58206 - or call at 218-779-5740. Mark your calendars for the other planned trips: Duluth on Dec 4-5 and St. Cloud on Feb 12-13. GO SIOUX!!!

BUS UPDATE!!! Al still has room on the bus to Houghton - Is the hubby going hunting? It's a good time to get away - give Al a call at 218-779-5740 - get on the bus Gus!!

Talked to Al this AM. Sounds like there are more than a few spots left.

Hop on.

If you got the time I would make this one for sure. I was planning on it but have other previous engagements that somebody has meade me aware of :angry: .

My favorite trip for sure and the folks that ride the bus make the trip even better.

The people on Al's bus go... eat, drink, eat,....eat, drink, eat.. all the way to town.

I checked. One in Houghton and one in Hancock. Al's group is staying in Hancock. I changed my reservation and am now staying at the BW in Hancock too. ;)

Well, thanks for letting me know, we thought it was the one in Houghton. It would be nice to know where we are staying:)

Rent out your share of the shack and use the money to go to Houghton!!

In retrospect I could have shot as many deer in Houghton as I could have in Starkweather, -0-

I ended up wearing a short sleeve shirt for opening day for deer hunting, Too windy, too hot, crappy deer hunting weather...

The week-end was a good time but........

I was scheduled to fly out at 7:20A. We're on the plane, sitting and waiting, waiting, waiting...Finally, the pilot says the co-pilot's radio doesn't work, she can't hear him with her headset. We wait some more, they try to fix it, no go. The flight is cancelled, the last flights out of Hancock are all full and I can't get out until Monday afternoon!! The airline is NOT giving out vouchers for a hotel or meals and they are not reimbursing those that made alternate plans of travel. I have to be at work Monday morning to work a 12 hour shift and as a contracted employee, I have no PTO time. I don't work, I don't get paid. So, I rent a car and drive from Hancock, Mi to Florence, KY (that's where the Cincinatti airport is) to pick up my car.

This is not the first time, the pilot or mechanic has identified a problem with the plane I'm on BEFORE we take off. It's always been the first flight out! Don't the airlines know about RISK MANAGEMENT/QUALITY CONTROL?!? Why the hell don't they inspect the plane the night before or right after it gets in to the airport? Why the hell do they wait until we're on the plane to check it out?!?

I'm tired, I'm cranky and I have to be nice for the next 12 hours.....

So, I rent a car and drive from Hancock, Mi to Florence, KY (that's where the Cincinatti airport is) to pick up my car.

I got stranded there on the way home from Madison last Spring. We had the first flight out of Madison in the morning, it had been canceled when we arrived at the airport. They couldn't get us out of Madison until about 6pm, then that flight was delayed enough due to deicing that we missed the connection in Cincy by mere seconds. When we landed I was checking the status on my phone and the next flight was still at the gate -- we were literally going from one end of the U to the other, ran the entire thing, missed it by minutes. Since the delay was the airport's fault instead of the airline's, we had to get our own hotel and stay in KY overnight. Once all was said and done, I ended up missing 3 days of work to go to a couple weekend hockey games in Madison.

I got stranded there on the way home from Madison last Spring. We had the first flight out of Madison in the morning, it had been canceled when we arrived at the airport. They couldn't get us out of Madison until about 6pm, then that flight was delayed enough due to deicing that we missed the connection in Cincy by mere seconds. When we landed I was checking the status on my phone and the next flight was still at the gate -- we were literally going from one end of the U to the other, ran the entire thing, missed it by minutes. Since the delay was the airport's fault instead of the airline's, we had to get our own hotel and stay in KY overnight. Once all was said and done, I ended up missing 3 days of work to go to a couple weekend hockey games in Madison.

And it was all worth it! :angry:

Dave

:angry: I've been on planes that were delayed because we were waiting for people from other planes. They should have done that for you.

I don't expect to get reimbursed for anything but I'm still writing to the airline, enclosing all my receipts and asking for reimbursement for my extra expenses or my flight back that I couldn't take.

All that and I'm still not sorry I went to the games. :lol:

(Thank goodness for smiley emoticons, 'cause I certainly don't have one in me this morning!).

The week-end was a good time but........

I was scheduled to fly out at 7:20A. We're on the plane, sitting and waiting, waiting, waiting...Finally, the pilot says the co-pilot's radio doesn't work, she can't hear him with her headset. We wait some more, they try to fix it, no go. The flight is cancelled, the last flights out of Hancock are all full and I can't get out until Monday afternoon!! The airline is NOT giving out vouchers for a hotel or meals and they are not reimbursing those that made alternate plans of travel. I have to be at work Monday morning to work a 12 hour shift and as a contracted employee, I have no PTO time. I don't work, I don't get paid. So, I rent a car and drive from Hancock, Mi to Florence, KY (that's where the Cincinatti airport is) to pick up my car.

This is not the first time, the pilot or mechanic has identified a problem with the plane I'm on BEFORE we take off. It's always been the first flight out! Don't the airlines know about RISK MANAGEMENT/QUALITY CONTROL?!? Why the hell don't they inspect the plane the night before or right after it gets in to the airport? Why the hell do they wait until we're on the plane to check it out?!?

I'm tired, I'm cranky and I have to be nice for the next 12 hours.....

I'm sorry to hear that, that blows. It was great seeing you and Mr. and Mrs. Siouxmama this weekend, we'll have to do it again!