SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Off-Season Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gone through all the threads but is Forney going to be back with the team this year?

ive heard he isnt but that isnt locked yet. if he doesnt look for him in AHL playing with kozek and kaip in atlantas organization

Is he even good enough to play in the AHL AZ?

Good question. I think he has the talent, yes. Can he stay healthy? How has the USHL prepared him for pro hockey? Those questions stand out.

If there is any doubt, then Forney will spend time figuring it out in the ECHL.

Is he even good enough to play in the AHL AZ?

he is if atlanta thinks so and it seems thats the case. he had a great ushl season last year. it may be what he needs and thats what atlanta is deciding or has decided. hes first 3 round draft pick and we know he has the skills to be good. i hope he does great if so and stays healthy! chicago as of now will have 3 former sioux on that ahl roster with forney,kozek and kaip.

our roster seems to be set with him heading pro. 14 forwards right now. i look for bruneteau and davidson to be the extra 2 for the most part. cant wait for this team on the ice. with the mix of freshman in kristo and cichy this could be a up and down team this season

also cant wait to see what the jerseys look like, i see brad posted the new womens jerseys on his blog. i like the green and black, just cant stand the white

he is if atlanta thinks so and it seems thats the case. he had a great ushl season last year. it may be what he needs and thats what atlanta is deciding or has decided. hes first 3 round draft pick and we know he has the skills to be good. i hope he does great if so and stays healthy! chicago as of now will have 3 former sioux on that ahl roster with forney,kozek and kaip.

our roster seems to be set with him heading pro. 14 forwards right now. i look for bruneteau and davidson to be the extra 2 for the most part. cant wait for this team on the ice. with the mix of freshman in kristo and cichy this could be a up and down team this season

also cant wait to see what the jerseys look like, i see brad posted the new womens jerseys on his blog. i like the green and black, just cant stand the white

Thanks for the info AZ.I agree those womens white jerseys are fugly.I like the green one the best.

First post since spring, so sorry if I missed this already. Isn't the hockey team supporting a similar yet different hockey jersey this year? If so, are there any pictures? Thank you! I thought it seemed odd that an apparent(I hope not) logo change would result in a new jersey at this time and place :lol: Maybe it was a rumor....

First post since spring, so sorry if I missed this already. Isn't the hockey team supporting a similar yet different hockey jersey this year? If so, are there any pictures? Thank you! I thought it seemed odd that an apparent(I hope not) logo change would result in a new jersey at this time and place :lol: Maybe it was a rumor....

I believe that UND had to switch manufacturers for the jerseys so they are also changing the design. I have not seen the men's jerseys yet, but they are supposed to be at least somewhat similar to the new women's jerseys listed above.

so the roster should look like this it it stays like is and the only thing is adding a 3rd goalie

F

VANDEVELDE

ZAJAC

FRATTIN

MALONE

TRUPP

DAVIDSON

GREGOIRE

HEXTALL

LAMOUREUX

TOEWS

CICHY

KRISTO

ROWNEY

BRUNETEAU

D

GENOWAY

LAPOINT

MARTO

BLOOD

FIENHAGE

MACWILLIAM

GLEASON

HILL

G

EIDSNESS

DELL

?

Good Parise, I nearly lost my Mexican Village Fajitas at that picture. :lol:

His pose is showing his range of flexibility....he's got the blocker save and stick save down, along with the left and right kick saves. Get same skates, custom uni, custom pads, and a crane, and I think we have a guy who can go 0.00 GAA with a 1.000 save percentage. It would be impossible NOT to win the Frozen Four.

UND's VandeVelde returns to provide leadership

Having Chris VandeVelde on the UND roster for the upcoming season will only increase expectations for the defending MacNaughton Cup champions. The Sioux lost its 8 seniors from last year's team, but VandeVelde's presence among returnees Chay Genoway, Jason Gregoire, and Brett Hextall will assure the Sioux will be in their customary appearance at or near the top of the WCHA standings come March.
and the Frozen Four in April.