SiouxSports.com Forum

watch team u.s.a. in the iihf world championships

krangodance

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia wins it 3-2.Thanks for the link.I wish I would of caught more of the game.

It was an exciting game to watch except for the officiating that was almost as bad and inconsistent as that in the WCHA. With about a minute to go a Russian got away with a blatant trip in their end which should have been the obvious make up call for the Meatballs that were reffing the game.

It was an exciting game to watch except for the officiating that was almost as bad and inconsistent as that in the WCHA. With about a minute to go a Russian got away with a blatant trip in their end which should have been the obvious make up call for the Meatballs that were reffing the game.
I saw that trip and couldn't believe they didn't call it.Vodka will be flowing tonite.

team usa just doesnt seem to be able to win big games and havent for a while now. decent showing overall and a bronze medal could be the end result. i really really hope when it comes to olympic time they go young and very young with the oshies, kessel, okposos, backes EJ ect.........my reasoning is the middle crop of usa players have been lacking imo, the older guys who were a fixture are now old. i can see a veteren or 2 on the team but i think the future is bright for team usa with parise, kane and others mentioned. just is hard to compare when you then think of russia and canada thinking of players like ovechkin, malkin and the rest of the red army and then canada with crosby, toews, iginla, hell i could go on for a paragraph on canadas young elite stars :D

team usa just doesnt seem to be able to win big games and havent for a while now. decent showing overall and a bronze medal could be the end result. i really really hope when it comes to olympic time they go young and very young with the oshies, kessel, okposos, backes EJ ect.........my reasoning is the middle crop of usa players have been lacking imo, the older guys who were a fixture are now old. i can see a veteren or 2 on the team but i think the future is bright for team usa with parise, kane and others mentioned. just is hard to compare when you then think of russia and canada thinking of players like ovechkin, malkin and the rest of the red army and then canada with crosby, toews, iginla, hell i could go on for a paragraph on canadas young elite stars :D

USA hockey tends to pick all star teams rather than choosing a team that has some role players (face-offs, pk, grinders, etc).

Hopefully Brian Burke will not be influenced by the USA Hockey insiders and not be afraid to hurt some feelings if he has to when chosing his Oly team.

I didn't realize it earlier, but it was Oshie in the box when Russia scored the game winning goal. :D

yeah it was a penalty he almost had to take to prevent a good opportunity. hope the usa can win the bronze but i have this feeling they wont

i agree with you az... its time for the us to go young. osh, okposo, brown, johnson were there best us players hands down. if you add kane, parise, etc. into the mix, then at least we could compete with russia and canada, although those two are the powerhouses right now. also, if the us doesn't have anyone better than esche in net, it doesn't really matter. who is the best us born goalie right now?? i can't even think of one off the top of my head. is brian elliot american? he's better than what esche showed. ryan miller? i guess i don't have a clue what goalies are us born.

i agree with you az... its time for the us to go young. osh, okposo, brown, johnson were there best us players hands down. if you add kane, parise, etc. into the mix, then at least we could compete with russia and canada, although those two are the powerhouses right now. also, if the us doesn't have anyone better than esche in net, it doesn't really matter. who is the best us born goalie right now?? i can't even think of one off the top of my head. is brian elliot american? he's better than what esche showed. ryan miller? i guess i don't have a clue what goalies are us born.

Elliott is Canadian, Miller is American.

The Best American goalie is probably Tim Thomas right now and he is still playing in the Stanley Cup. The other top American goalies are probably Islanders goalie Rick Dieptro (sp) and he is hurt right now and Ryan Miller from Buffalo. Robert Esche is past his prime and he wasn't that good to start with.

The Best American goalie is probably Tim Thomas right now and he is still playing in the Stanley Cup. The other top American goalies are probably Islanders goalie Rick Dieptro (sp) and he is hurt right now and Ryan Miller from Buffalo. Robert Esche is past his prime and he wasn't that good to start with.

Anyone know why Miller was not on this team?

Anyone know why Miller was not on this team?

I wonder if he isn't recovering from Injury, I thought he had a high ankle strain last season.

2008-09: Games missed due to injury: 13 ankle (2/24-3/27)