SiouxSports.com Forum

Verbing your favorite North Dakota Hockey Player

farce poobah

OK its offseason, and we have 183 days until the next UND hockey game.

I like this idea of taking a Sioux hockey player's name and turning it into a verb, discussed in the former players thread.

What others can we come up with ...

=======================================================================

From STLtoday.com:

Oshied

Three entries found.

Main entry: Oshie

Function: Transitive verb

Inflected forms: Oshied, Oshieing

1. to destroy obstacles with reckless abandon (see: Rick Nash).

example: In one episode of Mythhbusters, the hosts totally oshied a cement truck using C-4.

2. to overcome insurmountable odds by sheer will alone.

example: Whether you agree with Barack Obama's politics or not, no one can deny he oshied his way to the presidency.

3. to steal the heart of a young woman in the greater St. Louis area.

example: My girlfriend confessed to me that my best friend had oshied her.

GREENE: (v)

Three entries found.

1) To cause someone to squeal, especially someone who might not normally squeal.

For example: The opposing forward got Greened and squealed all the way to the bench.

("I can't imagine having to go up against our (defensemen),'' Parise said. "They're mean. They're real mean. I've actually heard guys squealing in pain in front of the net. I used to think it was funny. Now I sort of feel sorry for them.'')

2) A collision in which the other guy is fine and you get totalled.

For example: My jeep got Greened after hitting the dude.

See also: Oshied.

3) To keep your word, and dish out revenge years later.

For example: Paukovich got Greened in the first practice at training camp.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?sho...st&p=269565

GREENE: (v)

Three entries found.

1) To cause someone to squeal, especially someone who might not normally squeal.

For example: The opposing forward got Greened and squealed all the way to the bench.

("I can't imagine having to go up against our (defensemen),'' Parise said. "They're mean. They're real mean. I've actually heard guys squealing in pain in front of the net. I used to think it was funny. Now I sort of feel sorry for them.'')

2) A collision in which the other guy is fine and you get totalled.

For example: My jeep got Greened after hitting the dude.

See also: Oshied.

3) To keep your word, and dish out revenge years later.

For example: Paukovich got Greened in the first practice at training camp.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?sho...st&p=269565

Good stuff. I think we can include in #3. for example... bruess got Finley'D in an exhibition game.

Commodore n. A pre-emptive penalty called upon a large defenseman based upon size and reputation rather than any current infraction of the rules.

Ex. "The ref called a Commodore on Finley." Syn. reputational call.

Commodore v. To call such a pre-emptive penalty. Ex. "The ref Commodored Finley and put him in the box for 2:00."

Commodore n. A pre-emptive penalty called upon a large defenseman based upon size and reputation rather than any current infraction of the rules.

Commodore v. To call such a pre-emptive penalty. Ex. "The ref Commodored Finley and put him in the box for 2:00."

"Though Bob Probert and Tie Domi often earned their way to the penalty box, their were also numerous time where they were simply Commodored as well, placing their team at a disadvantage."

Hextall, also Hex. v. To tease or deride mercilessly, usually with the intent to provoke the object of the teasing or derision into reacting to his detriment.

Ex. "After my little brother Hextalled me for over any hour, I finally punched him in the stomach and Mom gave me a timeout." See also "I coulda been your daddy but the line was too long" and "that's what your sister said..."

Prpich. n. Debris of an unknown origin, usu. that found floating in one's beverage. Ex. "Who put this Prpich in my Appletini?" Syn. backwash

Parise v. To demand proof of age. Ex. "I was Parised at the door and turned away." Compare Zach (to be underaged) and Jordy (to be of legal age)

I thought if you've got a "Commodore" it meant you have zig-zaggy line down the bridge of your nose (or would that be a "Brooks"?).

Oshie. interjection, used as a superlative of the highest order to express astonishment, awe or appreciation. Ex. "After 'oohing' and 'ahhing' the amazing performance of speed, strength and skill, the crowd had only one emotion left, so it 'Oshied.'"

Finley n. A large, immobile object. Known for never being within 10 feet of Hockey East players when crucial goals scored

Syn. = Glacier, pylon, Kaulker

Genoway v. (1) To get hung out to dry by someone completely out of position because he forgets what position he plays. (2) To continually force pucks in places they can't fit resulting in odd-man rushes for the opposing team.

While playing defense, Joe Finley was Genowayed.

Genoway v. (1) To get hung out to dry by someone completely out of position because he forgets what position he plays. (2) To continually force pucks in places they can't fit resulting in odd-man rushes for the opposing team.

While playing defense, Joe Finley was Genowayed.

Yet he was defensive player of the year. Hmmm!

No definition needed...

"This long offseason is driving me Hirsch."

"I have to replace the Hauser I use to strain my pasta because this one is way too Frazee."

"You'll break your neck if you Lasch into shallow water."

Very funny. I am laughing my Gwoz off!

Notermann, verb: the act of hitting the pipe with attempted shot on goal

Kozek, verb: the act of shooting over the net and hitting the glass with enough force that it's heard sharply thoughout the arena

Usage

"Dang, Notermann on that opportunity. I hate that sound."

"Well, at least he didn't Kozek and had a rebound chance."

Today I was watching Blackhawks highlights and Toews scored, the announcer said "Toewser" or tazer. Its not a verb yet, but definately could be!

Crosby passes to Malkin, shot, goal!!! What a toewser!

As the shooter skated in on the goalie, the netkeeper pleaded, "Don't Toews me, bro!"

(courtesy a former poster ... )

Spirko: (verb) "to mek golee luke az fool"

Usage

"He's away on a clean break, dekes, Spirkos the goalie, and puts it in the empty net ... "

(the obvious ... )

"Race for the puck in the corner, BIG hit, WOW, that Gopher's been Blooded, and the Sioux come away with the puck ... "