SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

No doubt the problems for FSSN during the first game Friday were the winds in GF. You probably can get away with your current point, but I'd use diseqc as the positioner setting, then, after scanning in FSSN, maximize the signal in the diseqc menu by bumping east and west on the FSSN transponder to get the best "quality", then save the position in diseqc.

Thnks sprig....ill keep it where it is and see if i can get the game on friday here.....no motor installed....i think i need to get 1....just ordered a magnavox f7 dvr for dvring ota. Crossing fingers ill be able to dvr sioux games with this thing!

Do you guys have a one stop source for all FSSN broadcasts, so I can see when the next one is? Thanks.

http://www.ndtc.tv/fssn.htm

Link above lists the full fssn schedule.

I was having a similar issue to you last month....if you have the traxis receiver with easyfind lnb make sure lnb type is selected as universaland then blind scan. This is what found fssn for me.

http://www.ndtc.tv/fssn.htm

Link above lists the full fssn schedule.

I was having a similar issue to you last month....if you have the traxis receiver with easyfind lnb make sure lnb type is selected as universaland then blind scan. This is what found fssn for me.

I will have to say the Traxis 3500 or 4000 with an EasyFind lnb will make a huge difference in blind scanning. But this year my Traxis 4000 with an EasyFind lnb has been around 78% quality each game.

I'm sure this has been discussed multiple times on here but looking through the last few pages I haven't seen it. I just got to my parents for the weekend and they have Dish. Can I catch the games on any channel? They have the sports pack but there is no FCS, just the Fox Sports regionals and none of them carry the game.

I think I may have found my problem. Last week I was had a bad Lnb, and was in a time crunch, and had to overnight a new one from Amazon. I ordered a LNB, rather than a LNBF. It said it works with FTA, but apparently not all channels. So, I ordered one from Pete now, and I'll send the other one back. Hopefully good to go next time.

What they mean by FTA is not what we mean by it. Most all other FTA stores/dealers cater to hacking Dish Network signals with Circular DBS Ku LNB. For true FTA you need a Linear Ku LNB

You will be good to go Bob when it arrives!

I just upgraded to Xfinity from Comcast in Boston. I'm not sure if it's part of an introductory package (perhaps the Sports Package), but I have watched all five Sioux games on Fox College Sports Central. It's not HD, but it's damn great to see the Sweeney stash and here some good ol' Dakotan accents.

I know it's not satellite, but... FWIW.

I just upgraded to Xfinity from Comcast in Boston. I'm not sure if it's part of an introductory package (perhaps the Sports Package), but I have watched all five Sioux games on Fox College Sports Central. It's not HD, but it's damn great to see the Sweeney stash and here some good ol' Dakotan accents.

I know it's not satellite, but... FWIW.

Nothing like watching it on satellite where all the commercials are from Oslo and Grand Forks. Plus do not get bumped here in Sioux Falls for Augie volleyball or something!!

Nothing like watching it on satellite where all the commercials are from Oslo and Grand Forks. Plus do not get bumped here in Sioux Falls for Augie volleyball or something!!

I actually do get the commercials haha American Cellular? What the hell is that?!