SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux jerseys for only $55

JESUS,family,rutgers

I didn't look at all of them, but I believe that all of the teams that wear Nike's have replicas on sale for $55. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Nike dropping hockey and everything changing to Bauer.

I think thats right as NIKE is selling bauer or nike/bauer or however you wana put it

Yeah...the team basically wear's everything nike/bauer except skates/sticks depending on obviously a players preference. I've noticed around the NCAA basically every team wears nike jersey's, socks, and pants. The only one team i've noticed who doesn't is Wisconsin and they wear Adidas (who would ever guess). Since Nike is selling bauer, I wonder what brand we'll go with. Probably Reebox, i hate reebox (no offense) stick to basketball and football cleats.

Yeah...the team basically wear's everything nike/bauer except skates/sticks depending on obviously a players preference. I've noticed around the NCAA basically every team wears nike jersey's, socks, and pants. The only one team i've noticed who doesn't is Wisconsin and they wear Adidas (who would ever guess). Since Nike is selling bauer, I wonder what brand we'll go with. Probably Reebox, i hate reebox (no offense) stick to basketball and football cleats.

I believe as of last year our practice jerseys were already branded as Bauer (not Nike Bauer).

Also, a few schools that don't wear Nike:

-BSU (Gemini)

-Mankato (Gemini)

-Notre Dame (adidas)

-UAA (unknown)

-St. Cloud (unknown)

-Mich. Tech (unknown)

There are a lot more as well. My guess is it's about 50/50 or 60/40 in Nike's favor in amount of Nike-Bauer stuff out there.

I believe as of last year our practice jerseys were already branded as Bauer (not Nike Bauer).

Also, a few schools that don't wear Nike:

-BSU (Gemini)

-Mankato (Gemini)

-Notre Dame (adidas)

-UAA (unknown)

-St. Cloud (unknown)

-Mich. Tech (unknown)

There are a lot more as well. My guess is it's about 50/50 or 60/40 in Nike's favor in amount of Nike-Bauer stuff out there.

The Badgers wear Adidas as well. I would love UND to wear Adidas.

theye really arent adidas jerseys though. adidas just has their tag on them. i talked to someone about this at the frozen 4 last year and i froget who really makes them but a side contract is made with them and adidas as the schools sponsors

Right. The previous poster mentioned them, which is why it wasn't listed. :lol:

I do NOT want adidas jerseys. I wouldn't mind RBK jerseys. I'm guessing they'll just be Bauer jerseys. The only thing holding the Bauer thing back right now is that Bauer doesn't have the rights to each of the schools. Nike had the rights. This isn't hard to obtain, but that's part of the situation nonetheless.

Right. The previous poster mentioned them, which is why it wasn't listed. :lol:

I do NOT want adidas jerseys. I wouldn't mind RBK jerseys. I'm guessing they'll just be Bauer jerseys. The only thing holding the Bauer thing back right now is that Bauer doesn't have the rights to each of the schools. Nike had the rights. This isn't hard to obtain, but that's part of the situation nonetheless.

adidas does not make hockey Jerseys. adidas is the parent company of Reebok as well as CCM, who makes their hockey jerseys. They are all part of "adidas-group". adidas also is the parent company for TaylorMade and Rockport. In fact, anything "adidas golf" is made by TaylorMade.

If North Dakota switched over to adidas, they would be wearing Reebok Jerseys made by CCM, and then there would be the adidas logo on it. Since I work for the company, I would be all for the switch. Especially if they made some sort of retro adidas original jersey. They could come up with some pretty sweet styles.

adidas does not make hockey Jerseys. adidas is the parent company of Reebok as well as CCM, who makes their hockey jerseys. They are all part of "adidas-group". adidas also is the parent company for TaylorMade and Rockport. In fact, anything "adidas golf" is made by TaylorMade.

If North Dakota switched over to adidas, they would be wearing Reebok Jerseys made by CCM, and then there would be the adidas logo on it. Since I work for the company, I would be all for the switch. Especially if they made some sort of retro adidas original jersey. They could come up with some pretty sweet styles.

I understand that. It's just easier to say adidas when referencing "non-Nike." I work in an industry that deals with apparel companies and know how the business works. Companies combine or get bought out but names stay the same and deals can be worked out with logos and stuff, etc.

Looks like UND is headed back to Gemini if this website is any indication.

http://www.geminiathleticwear.com/

Wait, are those the new FB unis in there??? That logo on the shoulder/arm looks really bad. It's gonna be all stretched out there.

The only good thing I see from going back to Gemini, is that the numbers are a lot better looking. UND need to drop the double outlined names on the back, it's way too small to pull off well. Just go with black or green names.

Gemini has made our hockey jerseys before, and I believe made our football jerseys through this year (moving to Nike next year). I don't think that the Porter jersey is any strong evidence supporting our transition to Gemini. Porter is a former player and I think since they made our jerseys in the past they used that as an example of what they can do, not necessarily an example of a future jersey of ours. I don't see why we'd change our jersey style anyways. Gemini has made our current style before and could again if they wanted.