SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADGERS

AZSIOUX

Since we have the early 2:07 game tomorrow lets get it going. Congrats to UMD for thier solid win and lets hope the Sioux come out with fire vs UW and finish the season strong heading into the NCAA tourney. Messing around with the pairwise predictor we have a good chance at a 2 seed win or lose but a chance at a 3 if other games dont fall our way. JUST WIN and then see where we get placed Sunday morning on ESPN2 during the slection show at 10:30 central time

GO SIOUX!!

PAIRWISE

YOU ARE THE COMMITEE

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, but it seems that this is a pattern. The boys dig themselves into a hole early in the season, then come on like gangbusters in order to make the playoffs. During their late season runs, they have almost no margin for error, and I think by the time they reach the playoffs, they're so mentally exhausted that it's difficult to continue their winning ways. I think this is consistent with the BC losses - to be sure BC was a good opponent, but I really feel we didn't see the best of our boys in those games. I think it also is consistent with the Princeton and Bucky games in the regional last year - they won but didn't really look to be at the top of their game. Regardless, I will be there today rooting loudly for our boys, hoping for the best.

I am concerned that another loss will kill our psyche. I no longer believe that we are the best team in the wcha.

nope the winner of tonight's game is. boy I can see us following cc's path of last year-we win the cup and then go winless in the final five and are one and done the tourney.

They lost, it happens.

I'd love to chalk last night's loss upto just a bad game but we've had five bad games in a row. and we face connelly today and he's always HOT against us. I can handle us losing but getting shut out in the semis? we are not playing good hockey right now and haven't since the cc series.

My keys to the game:

1. Keep on the pressure and take shots at good times. We've tended to take 1 too many passes as of late.

2. Stay out of the box.

3. UW stays out of the box. Our PP is scary.... as in HOLY CRAP THEY'RE BAD.

Stick to 5 on 5 and 4 on 4 hockey and then go with #1 and we'll do fine.

What happened last night? Sloppy play to start the game results in an early two goal lead for the Dogs. This makes it so Duluth can play their game not ours. Duluth is excellent defensively, they are outstanding at clogging shooting lanes and disrupting flow. We never got to play our game . Add in ineptness on the pp and you have an ugly loss. While our depth has been our strength all year, our lack of an Osh or Toews or Parise hurts in games like last night.

I give Duluth credit for outplaying us. I think that our pp and our defensive breakdowns cost us. BE has won us a few games over the last month. His screw up playing the puck might've been a case of freshman nerves.

I would like another crack at them in the NCAAs, no matter how poorly we seem to match up with them. I still believe we are a better team.

It will be interesting to see how the boys respond today. If were chanpionship material, we will come out flying. If not, we will be in for another slug fest. I am curious to see how the senior leadership performs. Bucky has their season in the balance. They must win to have a prayer. Its tough to end a program like WIs season.

It is just a game, he says to himself...

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Lineup notes: Matt Watkins is out with a knee injury suffered on the knee-to-knee hit last night. Every line has been juggled, except Duncan's. Wisconsin is going with seven defensemen like it did two weeks ago in Madison.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

22 Brad Malone--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

10 Andrew Kozek--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

19 Evan Trupp--9 Mario Lamoureux--15 Brent Davidson

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Wisconsin's lines

11 Andy Bohmbach--5 Blake Geoffrion--18 Jordy Murray

9 Michael Davies--21 Derek Stepan--15 Tom Gorowsky

10 Patrick Johnson--13 Aaron Bendickson--14 Ben Grotting

24 John Mitchell--16 Sean Dolan

19 Jake Gardiner--2 Jamie McBain

17 Ryan McDonagh--27 Cody Goloubef

7 Brendan Smith--3 Craig Johnson

4 Eric Springer

35 Shane Connelly

1 Scott Gudmandson

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Lineup notes: Matt Watkins is out with a knee injury suffered on the knee-to-knee hit last night. Every line has been juggled, except Duncan's. Wisconsin is going with seven defensemen like it did two weeks ago in Madison.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

22 Brad Malone--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

10 Andrew Kozek--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

19 Evan Trupp--9 Mario Lamoureux--15 Brent Davidson

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Wisconsin's lines

11 Andy Bohmbach--5 Blake Geoffrion--18 Jordy Murray

9 Michael Davies--21 Derek Stepan--15 Tom Gorowsky

10 Patrick Johnson--13 Aaron Bendickson--14 Ben Grotting

24 John Mitchell--16 Sean Dolan

19 Jake Gardiner--2 Jamie McBain

17 Ryan McDonagh--27 Cody Goloubef

7 Brendan Smith--3 Craig Johnson

4 Eric Springer

35 Shane Connelly

1 Scott Gudmandson

wow, a whole lot of gloom and doom on the board...may as well just pack it up before the NCAAs start...the Sioux had pretty good EFFORT last night, it just didn't translate into goals...that will happen...the Sioux found ways to win at the end of the season, so it may not have been pretty but that got them where they needed to be for the NCAAs...PP and PK need some work but a win today will go a long way to getting their focus for the big tourney...