SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

As much as I would love for UND to slaughter Tech in two, they cant look past them. It's playoff time and I am guessing Tech will be ready to play. Like a few other people said, they dont quit. I think UND can take them in two but I dont know about two slaughters. Even though I would love to see "2 games, 2 slaughters".

Yes, Tech doesn't quit, but that doesn't mean they're going to score. We can score, they can't. Simply put. Just cuz they hung a 6 on the goofers doesn't make them a juggernaut. They got shut out the next night.

Another thing, when have you seen our team quit this year?

4-0, 3-1 Sioux sweep

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Tech doesn't quit, but that doesn't mean they're going to score. We can score, they can't. Simply put. Just cuz they hung a 6 on the goofers doesn't make them a juggernaut. They got shut out the next night.

4-0, 3-1 Sioux sweep

There is also a reason they have won two game all season. UND need to come out ON-FIRE and burry them right away.

Which gives me pause about this series when you take into account UND blew a 2 goal lead to MTU in their Friday game at Tech. And that we mustered 1 goal against them in the GL tourney. On paper this should be a sweep like 5-0 and 5-1, but these games will be much closer even though UND should sweep.

Which gives me pause about this series when you take into account UND blew a 2 goal lead to MTU in their Friday game at Tech. And that we mustered 1 goal against them in the GL tourney. On paper this should be a sweep like 5-0 and 5-1, but these games will be much closer even though UND should sweep.

This is why they play the games.

4-0, 3-1 Sioux sweep

Don't get me wrong I think UND is the better team and will sweep. I know our team doesn't quit, and always seems to be on come tournament time. I am not basing what I am saying on the gophers series. I am just saying that in the playoffs you cant look past any team because you can get caught and Tech could steal one. I just don't think you can take anybody lightly, thats all. GO SIOUX!

this a legit question seing today is a crap day weatherwise, but how will this storm affect tech getting to gf as it moves east towrds houghton?

Cripes! They average 240" of snow per year in Houghton. They won't even notice this.

Don't get me wrong I think UND is the better team and will sweep. I know our team doesn't quit, and always seems to be on come tournament time. I am not basing what I am saying on the gophers series. I am just saying that in the playoffs you cant look past any team because you can get caught and Tech could steal one. I just don't think you can take anybody lightly, thats all. GO SIOUX!

Tech has beaten UND this year. I would hightly DOUBT the boys are taking them lightly.

this a legit question seing today is a crap day weatherwise, but how will this storm affect tech getting to gf as it moves east towrds houghton?

If they were smart, they would have left Houghton this morning and got at least to Duluth. I live in Duluth, and it didn't start snowing here until 2pm. I might have tried to drive the whole way today if I were them. Otherwise they may be stuck til tomorrow afternoon.

I predict we blow tech out the zamboni doors in the first period on friday. If for some reason they can hang with us that first period we are in for a serious dogfight. I believe we will shell shock them with an offensive display like we put on MN and DU and we won't look back. First period friday will define the entire series.

Counter punch teams can win games with opportunistic play and solid goaltending. Our depth and skill up front should keep tech so far back on their heels that what limited offensive punch they have will be stuck somewhere in a snow drift.

we all know the sioux hockey team isnt looking past anyone. hak will have them ready like he has the last few months. nows us fans, we can look past whoever we want :blush::whistling:

sioux sweep................

AZ Sioux, will you be watching at RT O'Sullivan's again? We will probably be there either Friday or Saturday for sure, maybe both! We will be in Phoenix again this year for the Playoff series. Hope my kids enjoy the tickets!

AZ Sioux, will you be watching at RT O'Sullivan's again? We will probably be there either Friday or Saturday for sure, maybe both! We will be in Phoenix again this year for the Playoff series. Hope my kids enjoy the tickets!

not sure of now. if i do i will shoot you a pm for sure

Are you guys talking about the RTOs in Mesa or another valley location?

is there one up in glendale now too that shows the sioux games? I know when i have been there in the winter, the one off southern in mesa seems to always have an area where they will show the sioux games. pretty sweet when you can golf 18 in the morning and watch sioux hockey at night.

is there one up in glendale now too that shows the sioux games? I know when i have been there in the winter, the one off southern in mesa seems to always have an area where they will show the sioux games. pretty sweet when you can golf 18 in the morning and watch sioux hockey at night.

I watched last year's regional games at the RTOs on Bell in Glendale. There were a few other people there for both games. I'm assuming that they'll be able to get the Final Five games as well. Not sure about this weekend, though. I generally go there just because it's about a mile from my apt., as opposed to the trek down to Mesa.

Anyway, keep me updated if there's going to be a Mesa RTOs gathering. I might try to make it on Friday.

I watched last year's regional games at the RTOs on Bell in Glendale. There were a few other people there for both games. I'm assuming that they'll be able to get the Final Five games as well. Not sure about this weekend, though. I generally go there just because it's about a mile from my apt., as opposed to the trek down to Mesa.

Anyway, keep me updated if there's going to be a Mesa RTOs gathering. I might try to make it on Friday.

yeah the rto in mesa has the right type of sattelite to get all fssn games, not just fox and espn games that any bar can get. tro in mesa was packed this last weekend with the sioux golf thing and other stuff going on and also always full of sioux fans for pretty much every series

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

Since everyone has been in the lineup (besides Derrick LaPoint), there weren't any injury questions at today's meeting with the local media. Instead, most of them were focused on the seniors, who will be playing in Ralph Engelstad Arena for the final time this weekend.

Coach Dave Hakstol also said that the MacNaughton Cup stuff will wait until after the series. He said he didn't know what's planned, but he said nothing would happen until the series was over.

The players received several text messages from former Sioux players after winning the MacNaughton Cup championship on Friday night -- especially from guys who played with this current senior class.

NHL MVP candidate Zach Parise also texted a few of the players to wish his congrats. Parise did not play with any of the current Sioux players at UND, though.

Speaking of former Sioux following athletics programs, T.J. Oshie recently drove over to Edwardsville, Ill., on his day off to watch the Sioux basketball teams take on SIU-E in a doubleheader.

One more piece of info: The Sioux have ditched the mustaches this year. The players are being allowed to do whatever they want. Expect to see beards on most of them.