SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's Basketball

UND Fan

Austin is the only one that I can think of unless it is someone like Gottfried transferring out of DI - I don't think that is happening.

I thought that Austin had dropped out of school.  If so, I wouldn't think he would be eligible.

If he dropped out in the first semester for "personal reasons," but re-enrolled for the second semester, wouldn't he be eligible immediately? I recall Josh Siembida transferring in at semester break a few years ago and being eligible immediately for hockey, and I don't think he was in school anywhere for the first semester. I'm not sure what the difference would be in this situation.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

92,96 - You are probably right. If he completely dropped out of all his classes before the cutoff date, he wouldn't have any incompletes, etc. so he would likely be eligible.

I will try to find out this afternoon what is going on. They certainly are likely to be looking for other second-semester transfers. I know they do not want to take the red-shirt off of any of the freshmen.

UND fan:

What's the deal with Stoute? I know he has a pretty limited basketball background, but it seems pretty strange that he only plays about 6 minutes per game considering the lack of depth the team has. I'm assuming he's on scholarship, and with his size and athletic ability it's hard to believe he can't beat out walk-on Jared Wells for playing time.

UND fan:

What's the deal with Stoute? I know he has a pretty limited basketball background, but it seems pretty strange that he only plays about 6 minutes per game considering the lack of depth the team has. I'm assuming he's on scholarship, and with his size and athletic ability it's hard to believe he can't beat out walk-on Jared Wells for playing time.

He's really raw, as you mentioned, and he doesn't have a very good grip on the offense. He is steadily playing more, though, and he'll be a bigger factor as the season progresses. Give Wells credit, though, he's done a fairly decent job of knowing his role, blocking shots, and rebounding.

I'm sure this guy will help. But it doesn't mean more wins. Look at the facts. UND lost some games with NObles and Parks in the lineup and then lose both and then win some big games. This guy I"m sure will help, but 20 points per game better? Not sure.

You evidently have no idea who we are talking about. Aaron Austin, from Hallock Minnesota. He started out at Northern Colorado, averaging 15 a game as a redshirt freshman. He left and transfered to FFCC, and everybody and their brother wanted him. He was counted on to be the go-to guy before the season. He is 6'3", is an absolute rock at probably 205 lbs, and is a better athlete and three point shooter than anyone we have. He'll open up the middle for Rip a ton. Here is something you can understand, Jared Keaveny, but with a handle and the ability to create his own shot. And he has a blue ox named babe. :silly:

Not saying he isn't good. But my point, UND has two starters playing and lose to Bemidji , Southwest and Mary. Then without nobles and Parks UND beats Concordia and Northern on the road. It's weird how that works out. Just adding a new guy doesn't mean they'll win a ton more games. Also what kind of shape is he in and his mental frame of mind?

He may be better than Keaveny and if he is, wow! If I remember, Keaveny dropped 25 points on the Sioux already this year

A few items that might be of interest:

Aaron Austin is to be back with the team after the first of the year. He left school due to persnal problems - it is hoped that they are behind him.

Keith Parks will have surgery after the first of the year. It was a serious injury so rehab will be extensive. It is hoped that he will be ready for next year.

Caros Nobles should be practicing again soon; however, his injury is the type that may reoccur at any time and then he would likely need surgery.

The team may be getting a walk-on from the football team to help fill out the depleted roster.

A potential JC transfer that would create a great deal of name recognition will be in for a visit in the next couple of weeks. If he signs, he would not play this year. A 6'6" power forward.

A talented 6'6'-6'7" HS prospect out of WS is visiting this upcoming weekend.

What about Lueck? He had almost a 40" vertical in high school. I saw him shatter a backboard one day. I know he was getting looks. Travis Lindgren (of DAC 10 fame) would just throw lobs from the other end of the court that Lueck would reverse alley-oop.

Not sure what his game would be like today. Originally he was going to play at whatever junior ND school he started at.

What about Lueck? He had almost a 40" vertical in high school. I saw him shatter a backboard one day. I know he was getting looks. Travis Lindgren (of DAC 10 fame) would just throw lobs from the other end of the court that Lueck would reverse alley-oop.

Not sure what his game would be like today. Originally he was going to play at whatever junior ND school he started at.

Lueck played football at NDSCS.. I don't know if he played hoops there though. Either way since it is his sixth year I would think he would be out of eligibility after this fall semester.

Lueck played football at NDSCS.. I don't know if he played hoops there though. Either way since it is his sixth year I would think he would be out of eligibility after this fall semester.

Plus, he has a broken collarbone so even if he wanted to play, the season would be about over before he would have been physically ready to go.

If you guys don't care to hear what I know about UND men's BB (see my post of 12:21 on 12/16), I will gladly discontinue my posts about it.

By the way, unless someone appears out of nowhere, UND will NOT have a DI transfer playing after the first of the year. They may have one in school for the second semester but he will not play.

The FB player is Stattelman.