SiouxSports.com Forum

If you don't find the UND/Crookston game exciting

WYOBISONMAN

Sioux fans not at the Sioux football game, and who don't have other commitments, promise to watch that .... only if you promise to watch every Sioux game on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network this season. If you don't get that on cable or satellite where you're at, suck it up and buy the broadband webcast. You promised. :huh::glare:

The first game is free at live video broadcasts, so you can see how well it works on your system.

The demos are actually decent on my PC. The nice thing is they stream at a moderate rate (222k) whereas a lot of video sites on the web try to support modems by streaming at much lower rates. Of course, if you're trying on a modem, results will never be great.

One interesting point that came up when I was chatting with bisonguy about it is that this free trial will also undoubtedly be the highest load their broadcast system ever sees. If it's ever going to fail, it will be during the trial (of which they've hopefully considered the impact). The demos were a good indication of the intended resolution/encoding quality, but didn't show us anything about the system capacity. I'm almost more interested in seeing how well this video thing really works than the game itself :glare:

Holy s#@t!! Bison win with a furious second-half comeback. Montana's kicker (who will set the all-time Griz scoring record this season) misses a 40 yarder as time expires. Bison win, 25-24. The Montana announcers said the NDSU offensive line dominated in the second half.

Disclaimer: I'm a UND grad and love bashing the Bison as much as the rest of us, but give credit where credit is due. This is a hell of a win.

For those who discriminate by thread title, there was a lot of NDSU discussion in the Crookston webcast thread.

Congrats to NDSU, this is great for the NCC and D-II. UNC's game last year and this win for NDSU definitely showed how much overlap there is between the top of D-II and D-IAA. Montana didn't look any better than many NCC teams (I only saw the 2nd half, of course).

An inspired second half to be sure, but it looked less like NDSU played greatly than Montana forgot where they left their butts during halftime.

I was not overly impressed with NDSU. They looked like a typical NCC upper-division team. Montana, on the other hand, looked little better than Crookston in the second half.

Disclaimer: I'm a UND grad and love bashing the Bison as much as the rest of us, but give credit where credit is due. This is a hell of a win.

Ditto -- congrats on the amazing win -- it helps give credibility to the NCC and Div. II (an on the road win, no less, against a "powerhouse")

Play Montana next year instead of Crookston so we can see just how bad Montana is...

Sounds good to me. The elite of the NCC have certainly kept up with Montana alright the past two seasons. Unfortunately, as discussed in the NDSU-UND rivalry thread, UND administrators have made it pretty clear they're not very interested in playing D-IAA teams while in D-II (and I suspect Montana will avoid scheduling D-II teams for a while :glare: )

Play Montana next year instead of Crookston so we can see just how bad Montana is...

We can only hope that's the case -- the 3 year contract with Crookston expires this year -- I haven't heard who the replacement(s) will be ....

I very much doubt Montana will want to play another dII team, unless maybe it is Crookston.

While I'm sure you're understandably sensitive to any attempt to minimize NDSU's win today, were you honestly impressed with Montana? Again, I only saw the second half, but Montana could do nothing right as far as I could see.

Two things....The quality of the Webcast of the Crookston game was much better than I expected. Not like watching TV, but for people that don't have access to anything else it is great.

And second.......... HOW ABOUT THOSE BISON. Look out D2. We are in the hunt for the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Montana is a great program and it is humbling to have a win over them!! :glare::huh::p:)