SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Sioux but it's just a hunch. I see way too many 5-6-7 goal predictions. WCHA hockey isn't that easy to do that for the 5th time in 7 games.

no but the huskies have given up 18 goals in their last 4. the Sioux have also scored 6 plus goals in 2 of their last 3 at the NHC. On the other hand I could definately see a 3-2 type of game as they played one on Friday night the last time they met.

I love the Sioux but it's just a hunch. I see way too many 5-6-7 goal predictions. WCHA hockey isn't that easy to do that for the 5th time in 7 games.

its is vs a team that gives them up :D jk, i went big because they are 2 of the highest scoring if not the 2 highest in the nation, im sure we will see a 2-1 game then :D

Some numbers I put together earlier:

Scoring offense for the season:

Sioux 3.61 g/gm

SCSU 3.28 g/gm

Scoring defense for the season:

Sioux 2.78

SCSU 3.08

Sioux scoring on the road:

46 goals in 15 games = 3.07 g/gm Record = 6-7-2

SCSU scoring at home:

60 goals in 13 games = 4.62 g/gm Record = 10-3-0

Likely goalie GAA:

Eidsness = 2.41

Weslosky = 3.08

SINCE THE LAST MEETING:

Sioux: 6-2-2 4g/gm 2.2ga/gm (2-2-1 on the road, 2.8 g/gm)

SCSU: 3-3-2 3.875g/gm 3.5ga/gm (2-1-0 at home, 5 g/gm)

Overall since last meeting:

Sioux win overall offense in all games (road and away), but SCSU wins the home games vs. Sioux road games handily.

Some numbers I put together earlier:

SINCE THE LAST MEETING:

Sioux: 6-2-2 4g/gm 2.2ga/gm (2-2-1 on the road, 2.8 g/gm)

SCSU: 3-3-2 3.875g/gm 3.5ga/gm (2-1-0 at home, 5 g/gm)

Overall since last meeting:

Sioux win overall offense in all games (road and away), but SCSU wins the home games vs. Sioux road games handily.

So your point is what?...UND wins even though they are going to get outscored 5-3? :D

So your point is what?...UND wins even though they are going to get outscored 5-3? :D

Sioux really need 4 points. i know it will be tough but the pairwise situation scares me. I will be making my first trip to the NHC for tonights game looking forward to it! Heading up from the cities in an hour or so to beat the traffic out of town. I will say 5-3 Sioux tonight and 4-3 Sioux tomorrow night. Let's keep this snowball rolling!

i appreciate those numbers he put together and im glad they have to play the game :D these games should be up and down on the big ice shootouts

ill put the over/under on goals per game at 8 for the series, each game

i will take the over tonight with a 6-3 sioux win

these games should be up and down on the big ice shootouts

ill put the over/under on goals per game at 8 for the series, each game

I'm with you and I'll take the over both nights as well. UND has better team speed than most think. And JanU can score...especially at home and on the PP.

Sioux really need 4 points. i know it will be tough but the pairwise situation scares me. I will be making my first trip to the NHC for tonights game looking forward to it! Heading up from the cities in an hour or so to beat the traffic out of town. I will say 5-3 Sioux tonight and 4-3 Sioux tomorrow night. Let's keep this snowball rolling!

Ah damn the traffic idea is a good idea. I'm leaving to head to Mankato from Minneapolis, but not until 3 or so. Hope that doesn't end up being a disaster, should be early enough.

I'm with you and I'll take the over both nights as well. UND has better team speed than most think. And JanU can score...especially at home and on the PP.

I think that this years UND team marvels Blaisers race horese hockey teams. UND has some smaller high flying forwards then next season when we add a few more more, oh boy it is going to be fun to watch. I think this years team is pretty darn good get up and go hockey players.

Garrett Roe draws 4 penalties due to his incredible diving, on the fifth attempt he falls onto his own stick, near the Sioux net, rupturing his spleen and causing him to miss the rest of the season. Finley, despite being on the bench at the time, is given a game misconduct for spearing. Despite these issues, the Sioux suck it up and pull of a tough 4-3 win. The icing on the cake is when Motzko being quoted as saying, "What can anyone expect when you have to play the Fighting Sioux and the officials?"