SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

The braketology on USCHO is up here and an interesting piece on the side talks about if we sweetp SCSU will they fall out of the top 25? They currently sit at 19 which seems safe to me but if they drop out there would go our two current TUC wins plus the two we'd get from sweeping them :D

RPI is more helpful than TUC points right now. I'd like to think St. Cloud will continue it's hot streak after we sweep them and get back in the top 25. Here's hoping they don't drop beyond that point at this stage anyways.

If we can raise our RPI by up to .02 by the rest of the season, we'll jump a lot of people ahead of us.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#19 St. Cloud RPI .5248

#26 UMass-Lowell (HE) .5083

#27 Quinnipiac (ECAC) .5076

#28 UMass (HE) .5074

If St. Cloud were to drop .15 in one weekend, which is unlikely, they'd still be ahead of these teams.

Lowell is at Maine this week for one game, so I don't see their RPI rising significantly even with a win...seeing as they only play once.

Quinnipiac at Brown and at Yale. Yale is 16th in the RPI, but Brown is a bottom feeder. Quinnipac might sweep, but won't get the jump they need.

UMass is playing Northeastern and at Maine, one game each. Northeastern is 3rd in terms of RPI right now, meaning they are definitely considered a good team based on the RPI, so a win could bump them up a lot. A see a split in those 2 games, so that won't do the trick.

All that, not to mention, there are still 6 other teams between St. Cloud at UMass-Lowell, so chances are, at at least one other team is going to drop enough spots to save room for St. Cloud in the top 25.

Minnesota State is #29, so if they get in, I don't know how their TUC's and COp would compare to ours. We'd win RPI over them and we'd split a point each for H2H. I'm guessing we'd win COp due to our conference standings, giving us another point. If their TUC percentage is higher than what I think it might be, they could be a problem. I don't see them getting a comparison point over us, but thought I'd point out that if they sweep us next time we play, they might have a chance to leap us. If we get swept then anyways, I don't think this point will matter anyways, so I basically just wasted a few minutes of my life worrying about it.

The braketology on USCHO is up here and an interesting piece on the side talks about if we sweetp SCSU will they fall out of the top 25? They currently sit at 19 which seems safe to me but if they drop out there would go our two current TUC wins plus the two we'd get from sweeping them :D

yeah it could happen but who cares. nothing we can do about that. win and we will be fine. scsu can move their may back up the next weekend if they do fall out but they could also hang in there depending on how other teams do. if it was the end of the season with no games left then that would be a issue but not right now

sioux sweep

Weekend Preview: UND vs. St. Cloud State

The UND/SCSU Challenge Cup

As was mentioned above, the SCSU Center Ice Club is hosting a pre-game event this Saturday, January 31st from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the St. Cloud Holiday Inn and Suites (Legends Bar). The event is free and open to all fans 21 and older. I encourage you to check it out - there's great food, prizes, and conversation with fans on both sides of the rivalry.

Dave

If you live in Minnesota(Duluth, Mankato, Twin Cities, Etc.) and receive Charter Main Street Sports, the games will be on that channel this weekend too. Comcast in the Cities picks up that channel too.

Charter Sports

Why are St. Cloud and Mankato black holes as far as TV back here in ND? It's not like they're a zillion miles away like Alaska.

has this been posted?

fan bus

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=3656238

UND Athletics is offering a fan bus to St. Cloud to watch the Saturday night match-up between the Fighting Sioux and St. Cloud State. The bus will depart Grand Forks at 2pm Saturday and return following the conclusion of the game. Game time is set for 7:07 pm.

If interested in taking the bus please contact Lisa Persuitti, Director of Marketing, at 701-777-2237 by noon Thursday. Total cost of trip is $80/person ($30 for the ticket, $50 for transportation). Food will be provided on the way down to the game.

Sioux Crew will be covering $30/Sioux Crew member who is interested in taking the bus to St. Cloud making the total cost for all Sioux Crew members $50.

See you on the bus!

my buddy just called and got back from the hyslop and bought 2 tickets for the scsu saturday game at scsu. i believe maybe that bus idea didnt work out so they are selling the tickets there. he said a few have boughten some and there may be a bunch left so go grab them if you need any for saturday sioux fans. he said they will have the tickets at will call at scsu arena.

I just got back from watching the Sioux practice at the NHC in St. Cloud. Everyone looked sharp and Kozak was full speed. They ended practice with a shoot out competition. Everyone who scored went to one side of the ice and those that missed went towards the bench. Last two still scoring were Toews and Zajac. Even the coaches get to play. After it was all done they all dog piled the two goalies and pretended to beat them up. Pretty funny.

"I want to watch the 1980 championship game...live."

"I want to shop at Baby Gap...like Ryan Duncan."

That show cracks me up.

"I can't picture Fratts interviewing anyone because he'll probably see this shiny object and just get lost..."

*maybe that's what he's looking at in economics class! :D

I just got back from watching the Sioux practice at the NHC in St. Cloud. Everyone looked sharp and Kozak was full speed. They ended practice with a shoot out competition. Everyone who scored went to one side of the ice and those that missed went towards the bench. Last two still scoring were Toews and Zajac. Even the coaches get to play. After it was all done they all dog piled the two goalies and pretended to beat them up. Pretty funny.

this is a tradition they've had for a while at the end of ractice the day before a game. I saw them do that at the Frozen Four last year.

Good to see Kozak is full strength. We are better when he is in the lineup. It made a difference last Sat.

Good to see Kozak is full strength. We are better when he is in the lineup. It made a difference last Sat.

agree and i dont even look at this team as 1,2,3,4 lines. i see them all very very similar with a couple more potent but that koze,toews,malone line has been looking good and tonight i think they have a big game

agree and i dont even look at this team as 1,2,3,4 lines. i see them all very very similar with a couple more potent but that koze,toews,malone line has been looking good and tonight i think they have a big game

i agree... it's more like what order the lines will go in during the game. :D I do like the toews-malone-kozek line. It's been good to see Malone play more of a role than last year and see him produce more than last year. :D

does anyone know what this "tire drill" is I've heard mentioned several times in the show. is it just skating around tires?

The most common tire drill for elite athletes involves putting on a halter and tether with an old tire attached and running with it in trail to improve leg strength.