SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak was probably frustrated with the "home team's ahead so I will call anything close against them" penalties that were being called (5-1 in the second period).

WDAZ/FSSN had a mic near the bench when that conversation went on; Hak was upset with all the stickwork the Pios got away with while the Sioux were called for it. It was an ugly period by the referees.

WDAZ/FSSN had a mic near the bench when that conversation went on; Hak was upset with all the stickwork the Pios got away with while the Sioux were called for it. It was an ugly period by the referees.

I watched one of the Pioneer goons hack a sioux player 4 times and got nothing for it. The refs were really close to losing control of this game last night.

Blood had a tough night last night I think Hak said we will see Jones again.

He never really did "get the rust shook off." As far as Jones, I bet he was getting a little antsy last night sitting in the press box (or where ever it is that they sit when not dressed) watching all of the extra curriculars going on.

J.P. Testwuide should have gotten a major for spearing Vandy on that play.

Hextall drew two penalties in less than five minutes.

A spear and two crosschecks, all to VVs back; must be Testwuide martial arts.

Hextall actually drew 3 at one time, starting with the elbow, Maiani's melt down take down after the elbow was whistled, and Jackson's two hander at the ensuing faceoff before the puck was dropped. Immediately following was the Testwuide stickwork. What a Pio meltdown, ending with Curious George on the dasher, although one can see why, he can't really see over the boards when he's standing on the floor of the bench area ???

I think he accused them of "scoreboard reffing," which it definitely seemed they were guilty of.

OBSERVATION 1

I've seen goalies pulled.

I've seen goalies pulled twice by a team in a game.

I'd never seen the *same* goalie pulled twice in a game.

OBSERVATION 2

How can Hextall be so well known around the league already?

Is he a sparkling conversationalist that spurs vibrant dialog evoking primative response from the less linguistically capable.

Or did he send league-wide pre-season calling cards (including pictures of him with opponents' moms, sisters, and girlfriends)?

OBSERVATION 3

I must have picked up the wrong calendar at the mall last week.

I thought it's 2009 so I bought a 2009 caledar.

By the officiating I saw, it's 2004.

Sica-

I agree except for the last comment. I don't think officiating has improved since 2004 so.... how could we regress to 2004 when the officiating has been subpar consistently (hey, I just said that officiating was consistent in some manner!) since then?

Sorry, but yeah... everyone knows my rant. Every year they sit on it, it gets worse.

A spear and two crosschecks, all to VVs back; must be Testwuide martial arts.

I'll try this with the short one, since Bob already linked the full version. Video embedding (instructions here):

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Of course, I still strongly encourage people to use the videos page to bring all interesting videos into one place, but it's also nice to be able to embed one into a relevant spot in a conversation.

wow, go sixiox. we nened a sweep lmroow==row.................we will get it if we com out blazing liek tonight.......go siouxxxxxxx, lets get 1st place........fun nite partyinnn in az .go soixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friends don't let friends drink and post... ???

I think all the upperclassmen just f'in hate the colors maroon/brown/red/whatever when combined with yellow/gold/piss/whatever since the Frozen Four last year.

That means Minnesota

That means Denver

and that means Boston College

(ok, UMD can play along too)

I would love it if someone would post the goals from last night on the videos page... I saw Watkins' breakaway, Finley's, and the scrum, but nothing else.

It's all I get for these series.

I appreciate it.

By the way: What do you think of Fins' goal? To me, it was either a very weak goal or one that Lars simply didn't see. I don't know how he could have missed it though. The shooting lane was fairly wide open.

Goon- Not right away they won't. The NCAA only takes action when it is either forced to, or there is a specific problem that is league wide that officials can't seem to handle. Then they are called "crackdowns." The NCAA cannot force any particular division to be more competant. They assume that the division's hiring practices, provided they follow the law of the land, work and competent officials are being employed. If there are incompetent officials, then it is up to the league office to correct the issue. So, it might eventually do something, but not to our satisfaction. That's why I believe that Shepherd has to be fired. If not McLeod as well.

I would love it if someone would post the goals from last night on the videos page... I saw Watkins' breakaway, Finley's, and the scrum, but nothing else.

It's all I get for these series.

I appreciate it.

By the way: What do you think of Fins' goal? To me, it was either a very weak goal or one that Lars simply didn't see. I don't know how he could have missed it though. The shooting lane was fairly wide open.

Goon- Not right away they won't. The NCAA only takes action when it is either forced to, or there is a specific problem that is league wide that officials can't seem to handle. Then they are called "crackdowns." The NCAA cannot force any particular division to be more competant. They assume that the division's hiring practices, provided they follow the law of the land, work and competent officials are being employed. If there are incompetent officials, then it is up to the league office to correct the issue. So, it might eventually do something, but not to our satisfaction. That's why I believe that Shepherd has to be fired. If not McLeod as well.

Sorry Red, I'm tied up the rest of the weekend...maybe later in the week.