SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia

choyt3

Just heard on KARE11 that Lucia will not be on the bench tomorrow night, as he is fighting an undisclosed illness and has asked his coaches and team not to discuss it. Eerie hearing it put like that...

Here's hoping that whatever it is isn't anything too serious and he can get back to the Gopher bench as soon as possible.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what the paper said today about the it. Link

"Lucia has made only one brief appearance this week at the rink because of an undisclosed medical problem. Whether Lucia returns tonight depends on his health.

"He is not sure how he will be feeling, what [Friday] will bring," said John Hill, one of Lucia's two assistant coaches. "He's hopeful he will show up and sit in the press box."

i listened to the interview with don tonight and i have to agree with everyone should stop with the speculations and give him his privacy. no one knows what is going on and hopefully it is not serious. i wish the best for don in whatever he is dealing with. i pray that he comes out on top and look forward to seeing him again.

I was reading some things about Lucia on USCHO, and I came across a bunch of garbage that really makes me happy to live in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

Apparently, Twin Cities media have been speculating on what is wrong with Don, Dark Starr actually reporting a supposed diagnosis. (that coach had to dispell as untrue at his press conference) Coach Lucia said something to the effect that he has been called 10 times a night by media wondering what is wrong with him. Am I missing something here? Where is the decency? Would this happen in GF or Fargo if one of our coaches was sick and wanted some privacy? Sure, regular guys like me would discuss, and maybe post rumors on a messageboard, but would Brad S., Tim H., Pat Sweeney go on air and basically makeup a diagnosis for a guy and broadcast it? NO! Maybe I am overreacting, but this just makes me sick.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!

In the grand scheme, this is just one little thing, but yet another reason why I'm glad I live where I do.

I was reading some things about Lucia on USCHO, and I came across a bunch of garbage that really makes me happy to live in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

Apparently, Twin Cities media have been speculating on what is wrong with Don, Dark Starr actually reporting a supposed diagnosis. (that coach had to dispell as untrue at his press conference) Coach Lucia said something to the effect that he has been called 10 times a night by media wondering what is wrong with him. Am I missing something here? Where is the decency? Would this happen in GF or Fargo if one of our coaches was sick and wanted some privacy? Sure, regular guys like me would discuss, and maybe post rumors on a messageboard, but would Brad S., Tim H., Pat Sweeney go on air and basically makeup a diagnosis for a guy and broadcast it? NO! Maybe I am overreacting, but this just makes me sick.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!

In the grand scheme, this is just one little thing, but yet another reason why I'm glad I live where I do.

He's kind of a big deal.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!

Interesting question. The Herald outed the Flood Angel, if you'll recall. Editorial judgment--or the belief in the public's right to know everything that happens with those who are publicly-paid--might overrule reporter preferences to grant privacy to a coach at a state-supported school. Speculation, however, isn't news; it's gossip.

And yet you still find yourself affected and offended by the events at hand in the Twin Cities.

After watching the replay of his statement he really did not sound good at all i hope that he finds out what is wrong with him and that he and his family can get through whatever it is.

I'm sure it's serious when he already knows he won't be able to travel. All kidding aside, I hope he gets well soon.

i listened to the interview with don tonight and i have to agree with everyone should stop with the speculations and give him his privacy. no one knows what is going on and hopefully it is not serious. i wish the best for don in whatever he is dealing with. i pray that he comes out on top and look forward to seeing him again.

I for one hope it is nothing! If it is? It sure would be nice to see the goophers go on a terror after they r swept this wkend . And take it all the way to DC . where then they could meet up with the sioux for a title game for the ages! Let us all keep Don n his wife son nd dughters in ou prayers. For now and =the whole season,

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!

I disagree.

When you make $100K+ as a coach at a public university, that makes you a public figure. It comes with the territory/notoriety/money.

He could stop the speculation by telling us what he and his doctors know. It will all come out eventually, anyway.

BTW - I would believe the same for a Sioux coach as well.