SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ HARVARD

AZSIOUX

1109undhockey4.jpg

I say drop 3 again and we get the first sweep of the year, or 10 would be nice again :silly: GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i nalied the jones and toews predictions and asked for 10 goals midway through the game so here is to marto getting his first goal of the season tonight

5-3 win - duncan, frattin, marto, gregoire, VV

sioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gif

thebigdugoallightsthatwealllov.gif

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Sioux have a little bit of a letdown, but still nets them 4-5 goals. If this team gets 4(+) goals it won't lose tonight, E is playing too solid in net. (Cue DaveK and how it doesn't matter who is in net) :silly: Duncan has to be thinking what the h*** happened last night to have the Sioux go off for 10 and he hangs a doughnut. I say Dunc gets at least 1 tonight, probably 2. 4-2 UND with the first broom session of the year.

Addendum: Forgot about the potential Mario factor tonight. If he plays, UND wins 11-0 and Mario gets a 6-pack and a couple of assists! :D

I think the Sioux have a little bit of a letdown, but still nets them 4-5 goals. If this team gets 4(+) goals it won't lose tonight, E is playing too solid in net. (Cue DaveK and how it doesn't matter who is in net) :silly: Duncan has to be thinking what the h*** happened last night to have the Sioux go off for 10 and he hangs a doughnut. I say Dunc gets at least 1 tonight, probably 2. 4-2 UND with the first broom session of the year.

Addendum: Forgot about the potential Mario factor tonight. If he plays, UND wins 11-0 and Mario gets a 6-pack and a couple of assists! :D

well taking into acount the letdown factor(anything less than 10) there will most definately be one so Sioux 5-3, ala AZ- Jones with the empty netter. :D

Well, why mess with a good thing?! LOL :silly:

I can give one reason:

1. Gives the Hak-detractors more cause because Mario isn't playing.

I predict UND wins 3-2.

Heh... I think Harvard will get 1 goal in the 1st period and their second in the 2nd period.

UND will get their first to tie up the game either very late in the first or very early in the 2nd period.

Harvard will lead 2-1 with 10 minutes left in the game. Between the 5 and 10 minute mark Marto will tie it up. Frattin will notch the game winner off a rebound from the point made by Genoway.

And I also predict our first period to be ugly. Probably because Harvard will come out flying and UND will inevitably have a let down for a while.

How's that for an off the hook prediction?

UPDATE: Let's take this a bit farther. So the detractors have something to talk about, Harvard's first goal comes on the powerplay after Malone stands up for Eidsness after a Harvard player sprays BE with snow. The second goal is off of a turnover where LaPoint is trying to maintain the pressure started by UND's first goal of the game and misplays a bounce off the boards. This starts an odd man rush and Harvard beats BE shortside.

:D

(If I am correct about ANY of this, I will be SHOCKED!)

thanks brad

Again, I'm watching the game on webcast from Grand Forks. But I'll keep the live blog updated. Here are tonight's lines (UND's are the same):

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--29 Chris VandeVelde--10 Andrew Kozek

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

17 Jason Gregoire--18 David Toews--21 Matt Frattin

15 Brent Davidson--22 Brad Malone--26 Brett Hextall

3 Derrick LaPoint--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--14 Brad Miller

25 Jake Marto--4 Corey Fienhage

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches on trip: Mario Lamoureux, Ben Blood

Harvard's lines