SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Matt White!

spfreak

I didnt see any mention of this so far so I thought I would make a thread for it.

Brad's blog has a little writeup but he says he will have more tomorrow.

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...e-to-sioux.html

It sounds like he could be a good pickup in a couple years when he gets to campus. We have some good classes coming in the next couple years.

Sounds like a marginal recruit...We need scorers not grinders...

we have those as well in mattson, cichy and kristo and there will be more to come but you also need a few grinder. hell he is young as well so maybe he develops as well.

That's a nice welcoming thought. He's at least two years away and he already sucks.

Some people on the board think the Sioux are too soft, and need more physical players. Others think we only need scorers. How about a mix?

Not that you already haven't been told off, but realize that this is his second year in the USHL and he is only a junior in high school. I don't know of many 'marginal' players that can make it into the USHL lineup as a sophomore. He played in 50 games last year, I do believe that is more than Fink played in, so he was a youngster who played consistently enough to please the coaches. Maybe we should give him a chance before we write him off! Besides scorer, grinder, playmaker, etc., the Sioux need many role players to make a complete team. Besides, I think the thing the team lacks more than anything now is big physical guys that aren't afraid to throw their weight around. I don't think UND is feared nearly as much as they used to be.

supposedly we have those on this team as well in-duncan,kozek,frattin,gregoire,hextall,toews and trupp. they just need to go to the eye doctor to get glasses so they can see the net they are suppsoed to be shooting at.

supposedly we have those on this team as well in-duncan,kozek,frattin,gregoire,hextall,toews and trupp. they just need to go to the eye doctor to get glasses so they can see the net they are suppsoed to be shooting at.

Hextall coming in was thought to be more of a grinder then a scorer but since your so busy being pissed off and whining about the team the whole time how would you know that.

lets give gregoire, hextall and toews a little time. if toews didnt get hurt he would be right up there with the other 2 in points. this class is dam solid overall with the 2 d men and BE. adding next years scorers will only make them better

lets remember how big that class was. wasnt it 13 players if im not mistaken? im not making an excuse at all. just simply pointing it out as i had forgotten how dang big it was. the top tier draft/impact players are already gone and have been gone in oshie,toews,lee,chorney. duncan is still around and IMO kozek is the best goal scorer we have but needs to be set up for the lethal shot along with hobey baker/duncs. it was a very top heavy class and the problem is we havent had a top heavy class since IMO and others that ive read expressing that opinion. a balance is what is needed but this years freshman class has the potential and is showing good things.

i sure hope they turn it around vs harvard. kozek is one of the guys that would be great to see get going and help this team score goals. matt white has lots of time to grow and hes under a good hockey mind in des moines with 2 other future sioux recruits playing for jp parise

wow this was a huge class

oshie - NHL

toews - NHL

duncan - SIOUX

watkins - SIOUX

miller - SIOUX

kozek - SIOUX

chorney - AHL

lee - AHL

jones - SIOUX

finley - SIOUX

martens - SIOUX

alexander - GONE

walski - SIOUX

Wow the negativity on this board from certain posters suck.

oh well. if everyone thought the same thing this world would be beyond boring :glare: fans right now have the right to be negative IMO as the sioux havent shown anything yet. that doesnt mean fans cant change their mind as the season goes along but right now the frusterating thing is how inconsistent the sioux are scoring goals and thats the only reason we are 4 games under .500 everything else is solid enough to get wins. score goals sioux! i like to call a spade a spade and until this team gets a sweep and shows life of offense then negative thoughts are gona be creeping around. that changes this weekend :huh:

Hextall coming in was thought to be more of a grinder then a scorer but since your so busy being pissed off and whining about the team the whole time how would you know that.

Can't you just feel the love? :huh: Like farmer Yasser once said: "long hair, short hair, what the hell's the difference once the heads blowed off?" :glare:

okay. my point is that we have enough kids on this team that are supposed "scorers" and with at least 6 "scorers" this team should not struggle to score 4 goals or more on a consistent basis. they have only scored 4 or more goals 3 times this season in 14 games. with this amount of talent that should not be an issue to get goals consistently from these six with a chip goal or two fromt he other 12 or so players playing each night. I do have every right to be negative, I measure this teams success and tradition by the green and white banners hanging in the rafters and in the last eight years very few have been hung none since 2004. it's all fine and dandy to make it the frozen four but we have to win the damn thing at least once.

oh well. if everyone thought the same thing this world would be beyond boring :glare: fans right now have the right to be negative IMO as the sioux havent shown anything yet. that doesnt mean fans cant change their mind as the season goes along but right now the frusterating thing is how inconsistent the sioux are scoring goals and thats the only reason we are 4 games under .500 everything else is solid enough to get wins. score goals sioux! i like to call a spade a spade and until this team gets a sweep and shows life of offense then negative thoughts are gona be creeping around. that changes this weekend ;)

I hear ya loud and clear AZ but to jump off the ship now in early December is a bit premature to me.It will turn around,it's got to or I owe alot of beers to certain fans. :huh:

okay. my point is that we have enough kids on this team that are supposed "scorers" and with at least 6 "scorers" this team should not struggle to score 4 goals or more on a consistent basis. they have only scored 4 or more goals 3 times this season in 14 games. with this amount of talent that should not be an issue to get goals consistently from these six with a chip goal or two fromt he other 12 or so players playing each night. I do have every right to be negative, I measure this teams success and tradition by the green and white banners hanging in the rafters and in the last eight years very few have been hung none since 2004. it's all fine and dandy to make it the frozen four but we have to win the damn thing at least once.

Alright i'll agree with that statement i'd also like to see another banner go up, its been far to long as you pointed out.