SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CORNELL

AZSIOUX

Yeah! They should also be practicing hockey, not soccer, before games!

The away team locker room is right by the bathrooms in the DECC downstairs. I went down there before the game, and the guys were all playing soccer. I didn't really understand that.

Did anybody score?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much every nhl and ahl and minor and college and hockey team has a group that play soccer before games. it simply is a great way to loosen up before a game kicking aroud the ball. it has nothing to do with their play :lol: just some insight for you that most if not all teams do this

Heck some NHL teams love it so much their best player gets hurt and misses the first part of the season. :D

and CC :lol:

this years wcha race is going to be log jammed for a while except michigan tech. they will swim alone at the bottom

I think we can all agree on Michigan Tech being terrible, but then again they tied us so I can't talk on that one.

I'll bet my left nut that AA doesn't finish anywhere near where they are right now.

I think we all have to face the fact that half our upper classmen are busts.

Maybe the team should practice more instead of video taping "TV shows" during the week.

As an FYI, I've heard that the players are only allowed 30 minutes during Media Day to film the show so it's not like they are spending hours on it throughout the week.

I think we can all agree on Michigan Tech being terrible, but then again they tied us so I can't talk on that one.

I'll bet my left nut that AA doesn't finish anywhere near where they are right now.

snip snip :lol:istockphoto_349011-scissors.jpg

no, i agree but they can score goals which will keep them competitve throughout the season. they will finish low with tech. tech has had many injuries i believe which has hampered them.

Heck some NHL teams love it so much their best player gets hurt and misses the first part of the season. :D

it's almost as bad as jumping off a golf cart drunk, tearing your acl, having to have surgery and miss the entire season... :lol: ...at least he waited that one long year he was a gopher to do it, i'm sure the blues organization is impressed.

it's almost as bad as jumping off a golf cart drunk, tearing your acl, having to have surgery and miss the entire season... :D ...at least he waited that one long year he was a gopher to do it, i'm sure the blues organization is impressed.

and im sure no other hockey players get drunk and play golf :D it was a freak injury and can happen to anyone sober or not. hell i dislocated my knee cap getting out of a gold cart :) i will leave the sober or not up to the imagination :lol:

go sioux, woop some BIG RED

As an FYI, I've heard that the players are only allowed 30 minutes during Media Day to film the show so it's not like they are spending hours on it throughout the week.

If I am not mistaken the Sioux can only practice so long, I think there is an actual limit, I know when I played football they had certain limits on the amount of time a team can actually practice.

It's great to find another extremely active online College Hockey community. Cornell makes their first trip ever to Grand Forks this weekend, and it's the first matchup for ND against the Big Red since 1997. Cornell last beat ND in March, 1967 and has a 1-3 record against the Sioux all-time. It's also Cornell's first games against a WCHA opponent since the 3OT loss to Wisconsin in the 2006 NCAA QF. A few of the Lynah faithful (we’ll be obvious in red) are coming to Grand Forks for the weekend series and here's a preview of what you'll find with the Big Red this season:

Top-line:

Barlow-Nash-Greening: Riley Nash was the highly recruited prospect who allegedly was down to North Dakota and Cornell when he went with Cornell to play with his older brother Brendan. He is a dynamic player who finally got his first 2 goals of the season against arch-rival Harvard this past weekend. Greening is the most dominant player on the ice for Cornell. He's big, fast, and not afraid to drive to the net. Barlow is one of Cornell's fastest skaters and hardest workers. He's not afraid to mix-it up in the corners, yet has soft hands and a snipe for a shot.

Top D-Pair:

Nash-Seminoff: Tale of two opposites. Nash is a big, positional, thoughtful d-man who will carry the puck out of the zone and attempt to make a great pass before he dumps it deep. Seminoff is a small, strong, and no-frills get-the-job-done d-man.

Goalie:

Scrivens: He's a solid positional goalie who does an excellent job controlling rebounds to the corners, and makes the sensational save when necessary. He's known to make mistakes with the puck behind the net (cost Cornell the first goal this weekend against Harvard).

PP Unit:

It’s basically the first line, except often with 4 forwards and just 1 d-man. They work best when they are not overly fancy (like any pp) and have been doing a better job getting pucks to the net. Mike Devin (D) joins the second pp unit with one probably the best point shot: low, hard, and on net.

PK Unit:

Not overly aggressive in the corners, but they will block a ton of shots. Cornell has a short-handed threat with Michael Kennedy on the ice, but the disciplined Schafer system is to dump-and-change first, think about scoring second.

Checking Line:

Scali-Roeszler-Punches: It’s a little smaller than the typical Schafer checking line, but they get the job done with a solid effort and the occasional huge hit. They are missing a big part of the line from last season Dan Nichols, who is out of the lineup.

Cornell plays well when: they generate scoring chances off the cycle along the boards in the offensive zone.

Cornell struggles when: they have trouble getting out of their own defensive zone.

MIA: Tyler Mugford (Senior Assistant Captain) is the heart-and-soul of the Cornell lineup, and one of the best penalty killers. He missed last weekend, and is questionable for this weekend.

Coach: Mike Schafer (Cornell ’86) is in his 14th season and demands discipline out of his players. Some people argue too much discipline and not enough creativity. However, this year Cornell is much faster and shows more innovation on the ice, but has regained the team defensive style that led to the Frozen Four in 2002-2003.

I’d love to know what to watch out for with the Sioux, obviously Ryan Duncan, but is there any chance to see big Joe Finley this weekend? How about the goalie situation?

We’re looking forward to seeing The Ralph.

LGR!

WELCOME AND THANKS!!

love this thread, why are the coming to the ralph??? :) halarious, very very funny. really? i know cornell is just dripping with national titles and overall ncaa hockey dominance so maybe he is right, why isnt UND going to cornell :lol::D

http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,133928

lets woop some BIG RED all over the ice !!

finley is likely out until after xmas break as of now. brad eidsness is the freshman goalie and has all the sioux wins, yes all 4 of them as of now. aaron walski is a walk on senior goalie that has 1 win in his career coming last year and has played 3 games this year and lost all 3. he has played in 5 total real college hockey games. im guessing you will see eidsness friday and saturday barring a complete collapse. sioux are struggling scoring goals overall. defense hasnt produced but 1 goal and afew assists while the key forwards havent done much either. enjoy the ralph. its a site to be seen in cllege hockey or in any hockey league actually. not sure how the atmosphere will be during the games but im sure you will have a good time anyhow. go sioux

SIOUX sweep, 4-2, 3-2 ot and a nice scrum if they wana drop em :D:D

If I am not mistaken the Sioux can only practice so long, I think there is an actual limit, I know when I played football they had certain limits on the amount of time a team can actually practice.

Media Day is held from 1:00 to 2:00 every Wednesday. It is during this time that "Brad Miller Time" is taped while coaches and certain players address the media. Therefore, filming the show does not cut into or waste any practice time.

It's great to find another extremely active online College Hockey community. Cornell makes their first trip ever to Grand Forks this weekend, and it's the first matchup for ND against the Big Red since 1997. Cornell last beat ND in March, 1967 and has a 1-3 record against the Sioux all-time. It's also Cornell's first games against a WCHA opponent since the 3OT loss to Wisconsin in the 2006 NCAA QF. A few of the Lynah faithful (we

Yeah! They should also be practicing hockey, not soccer, before games!

The away team locker room is right by the bathrooms in the DECC downstairs. I went down there before the game, and the guys were all playing soccer. I didn't really understand that.

Yeah well that is stupid...rumor has it that is how Gaborik got the so called lower body injury he has been out with all year.

Yeah well that is stupid...rumor has it that is how Gaborik got the so called lower body injury he has been out with all year.

that wuss is faking whatever he has. hes a joke. hossa and him want to do a package deal as thats why hossa turned down a tong term offer with the penguins. i would love to see parise with the wild. he wouldnt have a choice anyhow if the system is bad for him or not but whoever if anyone gets gaborik has to have a deal that involves a long term situation or you would be just renting a player. the situation just reeks of crap

WELCOME AND THANKS for the info on your team!! :D

love this thread below i linked, why are the coming to the ralph??? north dakota sioux IS dirty. halarious :) very very funny. really? i know cornell is just dripping with 1 national title and overall ncaa hockey dominance so maybe he is right, why isnt UND going to cornell :lol::D

nash is the only guy i recognize as the sioux recruited him, he was highly touted

finley is likely out until after xmas break as of now. brad eidsness is the freshman goalie and has all the sioux wins, yes all 4 of them as of now. aaron walski is a walk on senior goalie that has 1 win in his career coming last year and has played 3 games this year and lost all 3. he has played in 5 total real college hockey games. im guessing you will see eidsness friday and saturday barring a complete collapse. sioux are struggling scoring goals overall. defense hasnt produced but 1 goal and afew assists while the key forwards havent done much either. enjoy the ralph. its a site to be seen in cllege hockey or in any hockey league actually. not sure how the atmosphere will be during the games but im sure you will have a good time anyhow. go sioux

SIOUX sweep, 4-2, 3-2 ot and a nice scrum if they wana drop em

It's obvious from reading the board (and looking at the record) that the ND fans are disappointed with the Sioux this season. Cornell has pleasantly surprised the fans this year and started out well against the better opponents in the ECAC. With the restricted Ivy league schedule, Cornell has not played an out-of-conference regular season game yet this season.

Cornell has won 2 National titles, 1967 w/ Ken Dryden and 1970 with the only undefeated, untied season in college hockey. The program struggled from 1983-1996 when Mike Schafer returned to coach his alma-mater.

I was wondering how long it would take to find the thread above over at eLynah. I've heard ND/Cornell are negotiating a return trip to Lynah in the next 2 years, similar to ND going to Harvard in 2 weeks (in exchange for Harvard going to Grand Forks in 2005). Schafer has said publicly that he won't travel west without at least a tentative agreement for the western school to come back east at some point. The last team to do this was Michigan State (2004 in Lansing, 2005 in Ithaca).

Too bad we're going to miss out on seeing Finley, and I was wondering why the frosh goale was starting over the senior. Was there a goalie who left early or just no recruits until they knew they could play (without Lamoureux)?

It's obvious from reading the board (and looking at the record) that the ND fans are disappointed with the Sioux this season. Cornell has pleasantly surprised the fans this year and started out well against the better opponents in the ECAC. With the restricted Ivy league schedule, Cornell has not played an out-of-conference regular season game yet this season.

Cornell has won 2 National titles, 1967 w/ Ken Dryden and 1970 with the only undefeated, untied season in college hockey. The program struggled from 1983-1996 when Mike Schafer returned to coach his alma-mater.

I was wondering how long it would take to find the thread above over at eLynah. I've heard ND/Cornell are negotiating a return trip to Lynah in the next 2 years, similar to ND going to Harvard in 2 weeks (in exchange for Harvard going to Grand Forks in 2005). Schafer has said publicly that he won't travel west without at least a tentative agreement for the western school to come back east at some point. The last team to do this was Michigan State (2004 in Lansing, 2005 in Ithaca).

Too bad we're going to miss out on seeing Finley, and I was wondering why the frosh goale was starting over the senior. Was there a goalie who left early or just no recruits until they knew they could play (without Lamoureux)?

Anthony Grieco (who would have been a junior this year) left the team before christmas break last year. He was the backup to lamoureux. Our only other goalie was aaron walski, who initially was a walk-on. Which is why we go with the freshman (who is drafted...lots of talent there)

No one is talking and no one knows what the heck is wrong with Gabby other than it might be his groin.

What a tool that guy is. I get so sick of that !@#$. I guess if each one of us went up to him on a different day and punched him in the face it would make him a goon and a thug if he fought back, I mean think of how many fights he would be involved in! :lol:

my bad on saying you had 1 whe you have 2 titles :D just was mostly ripping that fool on your guys message board with his comments on why cornell is coming to the ralph and that the sioux IS dirty :) which are halarious. have fun at the ralph and im sure the sioux will go otu east to play you guys. the sioux dont care where or who they play as they go out east usually a couple times per season which is great! as stated walski was a 3rd stringer walk on but has moved up to a backup due to his hard work and grieco also leaving who was the back up. the bets goalie we have is brad eidsness and he is the future of this team. he has all the wins for the sioux so far and has been very solid overall getting thrown into the fire early in his career.

and dirty is throwing some great jabs on uscho vs some cornell fans :lol: love it