SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

The Fans, the players and the coach keeps saying the Sioux are close and they are due a break out game where they find the back of the net more.

I have an opinion why the Sioux are not doing that so far. I'm going to throw out my take on it so everyone on Sioux Sports can confirm it our shoot it down as they watch the game tonight and in future games

So here is my take on the Sioux. Oh and by the way I have been seeing this since last year:

Most guys on the team have no touch when touch is called for!!! They make each and every pass with the same velocity- FAST.

Its like a golfer taking the same big swing with thier mid irons, wedges and even putter that they use when they swing thier driver.

The Sioux are not adjusting their pass speed and shot precision when it is called for- mainly from inside the circles from side board to side board and from behind the net and on all centering set-up feeds.

How many times have we seen a player wiff on a one time shot in the crease with a open net in front of him? Hextall miss 3 against CC alone.

Last night we would have won the game if a couple of our feeds wouldn't have been sent to the shooter at 800 miles an hour.

Same thing with shots..

I think every time Kozak shoots the puck he ends up on a knee because he is firing so hard. Nice position to handle a second effort off of a rebound huh?

Hard shots are fine from the point but inside the circles you don't need speed, you need placement. The goalie has much less time to react so the speed issue is not as much a variable.

I have also been noticing that because we shoot so damn hard at the goalie most of the time our rebounds have been flying right off the goalie toward the side boards way away from any of our sharks looking for a rebound.

The hard speed passes are great out at the points and across the zone but our team does not have a short game..

So watch tonigh and see if I'm off base on this.

Unfortunatly I won't be able to chat about this during the game because I am going to record the game and watch it later but I will check it out after I'm done.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic