SiouxSports.com Forum

Eidness, full-time starter?

undchris

Sounds a lot like Brad Eidsness. I looked at the numbers and Brad Eidsness has better numbers than John Muse of B.C. right now.

Only difference is Eidsness got thrown into the fire a little earlier and looks like it's going to stay that way. It'll be interesting to follow his progress and see how things work out for him. From what I've heard it seems like he's just lacking some consistency but has the skill set to succeed.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only difference is Eidsness got thrown into the fire a little earlier and looks like it's going to stay that way. It'll be interesting to follow his progress and see how things work out for him. From what I've heard it seems like he's just lacking some consistency but has the skill set to succeed.

That is why I thought it was funny that so many wanted to throw Eidsness under the bus so early.

Hockey is a team game and the goalie play does also depend on the defensive play as well.

The issues at UND blue line are documented. I also think the Sioux defensemen looked a lot better this weekend.

After watching Miller's interview (Freshies gone wild) specifically the grief that they were giving Eidsness about his antics on the ice - it might be understandable that Hak let him watch the game from the pines in an effort to help him decide if he wants to play or not. The last outing at CC plus whatever antics in practice were probably not enduring in the eyes of the coach. The kid can play good, but it sounds like he may have a little growing to do. That's all up to him. The goalie books state that the best goalies are seen and not heard! He should take the number 31 to heart and make it to mean - Ready to Play 24/7 or 31!

After watching Miller's interview (Freshies gone wild) specifically the grief that they were giving Eidsness about his antics on the ice - it might be understandable that Hak let him watch the game from the pines in an effort to help him decide if he wants to play or not. The last outing at CC plus whatever antics in practice were probably not enduring in the eyes of the coach. The kid can play good, but it sounds like he may have a little growing to do. That's all up to him. The goalie books state that the best goalies are seen and not heard! He should take the number 31 to heart and make it to mean - Ready to Play 24/7 or 31!

i bet the coaches have no problems with his antics. i bet it shows the kid cares and is crazy compettive. he will be playing everynight if the sioux want to win. not a knock on aaron at all but it seems sometimes teams play different in front of different goalies. who knows but this is bvrads team in my eyes

i bet the coaches have no problems with his antics. i bet it shows the kid cares and is crazy compettive. he will be playing everynight if the sioux want to win. not a knock on aaron at all but it seems sometimes teams play different in front of different goalies. who knows but this is bvrads team in my eyes

I agree 100%. All of the "good" goalies that I've played with were a little bit "off". In fact, one of the best goalies that I ever played in front of would spaz in practice when he got scored on. When I watched that interview and they described Eidsness's reactions and tantrums I got a big smile on my face because that told me all I need to know about the kid. I'd be more worried if the kid let in goals and didn't show any emotion.

most would agree we would rather have the antics in practice than on the ice flopping around like a dead fish.

Kangas came in as an older(20 years old) freshman. His birthday is 5/28/87, while Eidsness' birthday is 6/2/89.

Kangas has got a full 2 years on Eidsness. I'd say it's a pretty tough comparison to make.

Which might also lead Kangas to be an early flight risk should he keep putting up good numbers.

I think Bachman and Kangas could be flight risks.

they sure will. i believe both will be gone if they continue the solid play. bachman is a 4th round pick of dallas and kangas is a 5th rounder by atlanta. both drafted in 2006 and im sure both teams would like to get them into their AHL systems with how good both have been numbers wise.

sweet, i posted it in the umd thread. should have posted it here but wasnt thinking :sad:

great job brad!! lets get 2 more W's this weekend at the decc

Yeah, I didn't see it in there until after I posted it in here. Oops. :)

A sweep would be nice to see. Hopefully the Sioux can come out fired up.

I would like to see Eidsness become the full-time starter next year, but for the duration of this year they should split the playing time 50/50.

I think you're going to be disapointed because I would be surprised if we see Walski many more times.

Brad Eidsness gives the Sioux the best chance to win.

Therefore, why not give some much deserved playing time to the kid who's put his in time and paid his dues sitting on the bench waiting for his chance? Seems disrespectful to favor a freshman over a senior in almost any situation.

What if that kid isn't playing at a level that is expected out of a division 1 goalie?

Eidsness gives the Sioux the best chance to win and I hope hak rides him.

Seems disrespectful to favor a freshman over a senior in almost any situation.

And it is disrespectful/unfair that someone who makes 6 figures isn't willing to share his/her money with someone that doesn't hold down a job and eat chips and plays PS2 all day.

Some people's mentality of entitlement never changes.

I guess I didn't really explain my reasoning. Because he's only a freshman, it is going to take Eidsness some time to become adjusted to this level of play. It will very likely be the end of the year before he realizes his full potential. Therefore, why not give some much deserved playing time to the kid who's put his in time and paid his dues sitting on the bench waiting for his chance? Seems disrespectful to favor a freshman over a senior in almost any situation.

Dave, as tough as it may have been in the past, I don't believe I've ever replied to any of your posts before because I didn't want to pile on and add to other poster's replies to you. But this is comical. This is not squirt hockey! You play whatever goalie gives your team the best chance to win. You do not play goalie A over goalie B because goalie A is a senior and goalie B is a freshman. In squirts, maybe...in the WCHA, absolutely not!