SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I can call Duncan an elite player. He is a good player but not an elite player. He can really snipe it but without Toews and Oshie he does not have the time and space to do that like he did the year he won the Hobey.

wow... need to kill the negativity tonight dar, duncs is an elite player, done and done. he is the best player on this team, give the guy a little credit. i would think a sioux fan would understand what he brings to the team night in and night out.

I wouldn't have expected this from you. Two Senior D-men are out, they are down a forward playing at 5,000 ft. with pathetic officiating against the number one team. They scored 7 goals on a future NHL goaltender and got a split. Think about it. :(

Yeah I may just be frustrated but some of the forwards need to step up as Hak said before the season ala Frattin, Malone etc and to this point it has not happened. Rant all you want but I do not see this team finishing better than .500 in the WCHA.

Yeah I may just be frustrated but some of the forwards need to step up as Hak said before the season ala Frattin, Malone etc and to this point it has not happened. Rant all you want but I do not see this team finishing better than .500 in the WCHA.

ok we'll remember this prediction and see how accurate you are at the end of the season

Post Game Comments by Hakstol

I don't know if we ran out of gas. A gutsy effort. We have 20 guys dressed we expect to win, this stings.

We had to win one period, we had an opportunity to tie it up on the power play.

We turn the puck over and they go up by two.

Forget about the seventh goal. Those things happen once in a lifetime.

We have a kid who played with a broken hand and he didn't say boo.

Eidness played well. He didn't see the first two. The fourth he made a couple saves. The fifth it was a wrist shot he didn't see.

It's little things that change the tide of the gang. We needed to get the puck deep and didn't do a good enough job.

It wasn't a 5 minute penalty that's for sure. But he needs to learn from it. He was playing extremely well and it hurt that line and the depth.

[ben Blood must have cut a vein in his hand (missed 20 minutes)]

This team will battle. We did enough to win on another night. We did 2 3 things in the 3rd that took away our chance.

The effort was outstanding.

wow... need to kill the negativity tonight dar, duncs is an elite player, done and done. he is the best player on this team, give the guy a little credit. i would think a sioux fan would understand what he brings to the team night in and night out.

I do understand what he brings to the team and he is a great member of the Sioux family. However, he is not an elite player. He is a good college hockey player, not an elite player. He needs elite linemates to make it happen, he does not have the skills to score on his own.

Well we've had one whole home series so I can see where one can make a prediction.

ok we'll remember this prediction and see how accurate you are at the end of the season

I hope I am wrong but that is the way I see it to this point. A sweep of Anchorage?? I hope so but would not bet on it. I will be in the stands both nights cheering on the Sioux. We just seem to have a really hard time getting four points from anyone the last couple of years. Let's hope we see a stick salute next Sat. night.

wasnt it zajac that had blood on him or am i wrong? i kinda want to know who has the broken hand too

I'm assuming that Jones had the broken hand. Tim and Tim said he had a very bad hand injury during the game. Hak said a player missed 20 minutes due to a cut vein. That has to be Blood (no pun intended).

Ok, who has the broken hand. I assume Blood was the one that cut a vein in his hand? (Kind of ironic, don't ya think?)

They just said on the radio that it was Jones who played with a broken hand I thought.

So, we have 7 D-Men on our roster:

Finley-Concussion(Out)

Genoway-Upper and Lower Body Injuries(Out)

Jones-Broken Hand(Played)

Blood-Cut Artery in Hand(missed a period of hockey tonight)

I'd call it a gutsy weekend.

Is there any chance we can postpone the Alaska series to another weekend so we heal up?

Boy its scary to hear about all of the injuries. Just a typical week in the WCHA though I suppose. Playing without your top two defenseman, losing a top line player on a STUPID call, having a lot of guys playing nicked up, with a Freshman goaltender, to play that close of a hockey game with the #1 team in the country......I'm very proud to be a fighting sioux fan tonight. Great effort fellas! :(

I wish I could have heard TH on the radio tonight. I bet it was classic..... :(

I will bet you on that one. We have only played 8 games and we are 3-5, the sioux could very well be 4-4 or 5-3.

I am not all that worried yet.

Boy its scary to hear about all of the injuries. Just a typical week in the WCHA though I suppose. Playing without your top two defenseman, losing a top line player on a STUPID call, having a lot of guys playing nicked up, with a Freshman goaltender, to play that close of a hockey game with the #1 team in the country......I'm very proud to be a fighting sioux fan tonight. Great effort fellas! :(

Yeah I was listening over the internet...it was classic Tim H!

I think this year's Sioux team might ultimately be better for not having the NHL star type elite player. Sometimes I wondered if the team did some standing around waiting for Oshie to save the day last year. This year the lines are so balanced that I think you might actually have a chance to see the Sioux roll four dangerous lines in a nod to the Blais days. We'll see how it goes, but this might turn into more of a "team." (Nothing against UND's recent stars, who I really enjoyed wearing the Sioux jersey.)

They just said on the radio that it was Jones who played with a broken hand I thought.

So, we have 7 D-Men on our roster:

Finley-Concussion(Out)

Genoway-Upper and Lower Body Injuries(Out)

Jones-Broken Hand(Played)

Blood-Cut Artery in Hand(missed a period of hockey tonight)

I'd call it a gutsy weekend.

Is there any chance we can postpone the Alaska series to another weekend so we heal up?

Just back from the game........I think we really turned the corner this weekend......our guys were banged up all over and the rest of the guys really stepped it up and we could have pulled the game out tonight if we had some breaks and calls go our way!!!.......I am really looking forward to the rest of the season as I really think our guys gutted this weekend out and came together as a team.......GO SIOUX!!!!!!

Just back from the game........I think we really turned the corner this weekend......our guys were banged up all over and the rest of the guys really stepped it up and we could have pulled the game out tonight if we had some breaks and calls go our way!!!.......I am really looking forward to the rest of the season as I really think our guys gutted this weekend out and came together as a team.......GO SIOUX!!!!!!

thanks for being so vocal out there! Sioux fans were very loud tonight :(

scary, for sure. what is scarier is that we're not getting injured much on our forwards. we're losing d-men left and right.

the last thing we need in front of a freshman goaltender is to lose all depth at d