SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux aren't getting much help from other teams...

Just gotta keep winning then. :D

we have gotten absolutely no help the last month and we've up to 11th. the law of averages say at some point we'll start to get some. as long as we keep winning and as teams start to beat up each other during conference tournaments we'll get some assistance and move up even more.

TOTAL AS OF NOW

AZSIOUX 38

gopherz 28

AZSIOUX PICKS

FRIDAY

Wisconsin at Minnesota State

St. Cloud State at Denver

Minnesota-Duluth at Minnesota

SATURDAY

Colorado College at North Dakota

SUNDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SCSU at Denver

SUNDAY

Never happen. Here is a given...UND won't get swept and UMD won't get swept.

Sounds like another UW recruit didn't pan out.

According to Chuck Schwartz on USCHO, there is a rumor that goalie recruit Crandall was told that Eaves no longer had a scholarship offer for him. Crandall was having a horrible year in the USHL, and with Bennett from BU joining them next year, I guess Eaves didn't want him anymore.

All of this stuff is going to catch up to Eaves at some point. If I was a parent with a kid that was being recruited by UW, all of these de-commitments from both players and the coaching staff would make me think twice about even considering UW. Of course, my kid would be pro-Sioux/anti-Badger to begin with, but you get the point. ???

I know that UMTC holds the tie breaker over UMD and SCSU if the 3 teams are tied when the dust settles next week (SCSU beats UMD as well).

It is not out of the question for 4 way or even a 5 way tie (CC tie/Wisco split/UMTC, UMD, SCSU sweep = 31 pts).

Then what happens?:(? Do they just add up the head to head tiebreakers and who has the most is ranked on top?

I know that UMTC holds the tie breaker over UMD and SCSU if the 3 teams are tied when the dust settles next week (SCSU beats UMD as well).

It is not out of the question for 4 way or even a 5 way tie (CC tie/Wisco split/UMTC, UMD, SCSU sweep = 31 pts).

Then what happens?:(? Do they just add up the head to head tiebreakers and who has the most is ranked on top?

Great question, I have no idea that is crazy.

All I know is that if Minnesota sweeps, Minnesota gets home ice.

So this in goons blog I learned that there was 22 ties so far thsi year in WCHA play. After a little research I learned that Michigan tech and UMD both have tied the record for most ties in leauge play in a season with seven. but what is the most ties in an entire season in the WCHA play?

Esox

this weeks scores

AZSIOUX - 6

gopherz - 2

TOTAL AS OF NOW

AZSIOUX 44

gopherz 30

i will start seeing what hat i want ;):lol:

this is the final regular season weekend then we will do playoffs and no final 5

ill pick first since you will just go oppisite anyhow except of course you have the gophers sweeping which has caused you this contest ;):angry:

FRIDAY

North Dakota at Wisconsin

Minnesota at Michigan Tech

Minnesota State at St. Cloud State

Alaska-Anchorage at Minnesota-Duluth

SATURDAY

St. Cloud State at Minnesota State

Colorado College at Denver

this is the final regular season weekend then we will do playoffs and no final 5

ill pick first since you will just go oppisite anyhow except of course you have the gophers sweeping which has caused you this contest ;):angry:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

Colorado College at Denver

Congratulations on your season victory, pick it out whenever you'd like and I'll get it shipped to you! All I ask is that its somewhere easy for me to pick up. I saw a pretty sweet one at LIDS but I don't know your style and that one was spendy as S*#T haha.

Do this again next year?

I won't just pick all opposites, I will pick who I think will win once again...but I'm picking a lot of ties :lol:

FRIDAY

UND @ BADgers

Minnesota @ Tech

SATURDAY

Colorado College @ DU

UND @ BADgers

Congratulations on your season victory, pick it out whenever you'd like and I'll get it shipped to you! All I ask is that its somewhere easy for me to pick up. I saw a pretty sweet one at LIDS but I don't know your style and that one was spendy as S*#T haha.

Do this again next year?

I won't just pick all opposites, I will pick who I think will win once again...but I'm picking a lot of ties :silly:

FRIDAY

UND @ BADgers

Minnesota @ Tech

SATURDAY

Colorado College @ DU

UND @ BADgers

cool cool, ill browse online for the hat i want. dont worry i will keep it reasonable :D pm me your email then i can email you my address and link to the hat i pick out and you can just buy it online to be easier. yes lets do it next year for sure!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought since the article talks about the WCHA, here it is. What's funny about this article is that if you read all the comments at the end, it's Sioux fans and Gophers fans going at it. The Star Trib published this today, so many of the SS.com members I'm sure have read it. In case you didn't....here it is. Also, check out all the comments....you would think we're playing the Gophers this weekend, not Bucky!!! GO SIOUX!!! :silly:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/...KUnciaec8O7EyUr