SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

what is UND's position on this, I've never heard if they are for or against. BSU may not have the votes now but there will be three months for them to get them. I'm willing to bet one of the big dogs in the conference steps up and helps them get in. On a side note has there ever been any talks of say alabama-huntsville joining say the CCHA?

If you believe the logic that the Gophers are for something happening in the WCHA there is a good chance of it happening.

Don Lucia was the one that said they should vote to lift the Ban on expansion.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case, then I want to be the first to contrulage and welcome the soon to be formed Big Ten Hockey Conference!

i dont think that would ever be formed anytime soon. not enough programs to do so in the real big 10. we have no say in this matter as we all know. it will be up to the 10 teams. they will need 8 votes to get them in. should be interesting.

i dont think that would ever be formed anytime soon. not enough programs to do so in the real big 10. we have no say in this matter as we all know. it will be up to the 10 teams. they will need 8 votes to get them in. should be interesting.

I agree I dont see it happening.

Hak has been very vocal of his support. I think UND should be the team to open this arena vs BSU - they've been very supportive with the home-and-home.

ive heard it will be UND to open their arena when done. the gophers are a joke when it comes to traveling as discussed in other threads and they sure and hell havent done jack squat for bemidji ever so thats a joke to have them open their arena which they wotn anyhow. the only time the gophers went to bemidji was when my boy demarchi played for the gophers as hes from there. thats the only reason. the sioux will open it up when time comes

ive heard it will be UND to open their arena when done. the gophers are a joke when it comes to traveling as discussed in other threads and they sure and hell havent done jack squat for bemidji ever so thats a joke to have them open their arena which they wotn anyhow. the only time the gophers went to bemidji was when my boy demarchi played for the gophers as hes from there. thats the only reason. the sioux will open it up when time comes

That is the same thing that I have been told. In fact I heard it was wishful thinking on the gophers to think they would be the team to help open

the new arena.

I hope you're right. There are many Gopher fans in the area - but there are also a lot of Sioux fans, too. Regardless, it would be very "rodent-like" to swoop in to be the hero and open BSU's barn after not playing them for quite a while. Heck, I think Lucia called it a "charity event" or the like the last time they were here. If it isn't the Sioux, it should be Duluth or Mankato who've scheduled BSU (both their barn and the Glas) the past few years. Heck, CC, Denver and Tech have played BSU more often than our beloved Gophers.

I hope you're right. There are many Gopher fans in the area - but there are also a lot of Sioux fans, too. Regardless, it would be very "rodent-like" to swoop in to be the hero and open BSU's barn after not playing them for quite a while. Heck, I think Lucia called it a "charity event" or the like the last time they were here. If it isn't the Sioux, it should be Duluth or Mankato who've scheduled BSU (both their barn and the Glas) the past few years. Heck, CC, Denver and Tech have played BSU more often than our beloved Gophers.

I was at that game and they filled the arena to the gills, you couldn't hardly breath in there.

the fans wont be the issue as we know the sioux fans could fill the 4 thousand seats there or whetever it is by themselves. the beavers know whats right and they will do whats right when it comes time. the beavers and the sioux have established a very very great relationship and a nice semi-rivalry as well and it will only turn bigger if bsu gets into the wcha and so on. like it or not the beavers may get in and if so then you roll with it and welcome them. us fans dont have any say in this at all but i also understand both sides pros and cons. will be very interesting in april to see what happens

the fans wont be the issue as we know the sioux fans could fill the 4 thousand seats there or whetever it is by themselves.

I would be willing to bet higher. I would say COULD PUT in the area of 5000-7500 fans in the arena. :lol:

7500 for the arena, I don't think so. I saw that when we were there two weeks ago and the arena was sold out it was their first sell out since the last time we were there in Jan 2007.

There is a lot of people that will make the trip to open arena. It would be a big event.

There are a lot of Sioux fans all over the place and BSU is 121 miles from Grand Forks.

There is a lot of people that will make the trip to open arena. It would be a big event.

There are a lot of Sioux fans all over the place and BSU is 121 miles from Grand Forks.

so you're talking just attendance for the opening game? if that's the case if the arena only holds 4000 you aren't going to pack 3500 in the ailes.

7500 for the arena, I don't think so. I saw that when we were there two weeks ago and the arena was sold out it was their first sell out since the last time we were there in Jan 2007.

when i saw the layout last year when back in bemidji i thought i saw around 4,500 seats or so.

so you're talking just attendance for the opening game? if that's the case if the arena only holds 4000 you aren't going to pack 3500 in the ailes.

Its a hypothetical they could but won't I think the arena seats 3500-4000 if I heard Moose right.

Grand Forks to Bemidji has to be the easiest roadtrip their is in the WCHA. It takes us two hours from our house north of Bemidji to the UND campus parking ramp.

I believe the new arena is 4,000 seats (the WCHA's minimum).

I can get there in an hour and 45 minutes driving about 72 miles an hour. :lol:

I can get there in an hour and 45 minutes driving about 72 miles an hour. :lol:

Oh I hear ya. I get to the East Grand suburbs (and the lovely spud wharehouses) in a buck forty-five (most years with decent weather). I'm accounting for the 15 minutes from the east side to the ramp - all that traffic . . . :D

I fixed my post COULD PUT was what I wanted to say. I got side tracked from a phone call.

I hope work wasn't getting in the way :lol:

The BREC will be 4,000 seats (the WCHA minimum). Not sure on the max capacity.

I believe right now BSU has about 700-800 season tickets in a 2,400 seat arena. They get about 3,100 for the Sioux and slightly less for other WCHA games.