SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Going to see some former Sioux players the next couple of days. Wednedsay night I will be able to watch Finley and Jones play for the South Carolina Stingrays against the Florida Everblades and then on Saturday I will be watching Parise and Zajac withthe Devils against the Lightning with Hale and Smaby assuming they both dress. On another note Bochenski leads TB's AHL team in scoring with 6 goals and 2 assists in 8 games.

On another note Bochenski leads TB's AHL team in scoring with 6 goals and 2 assists in 8 games.

It would be interesting to see what his plus minus is? Also, it sounds like Tampa Bay might have to cut payroll because they are broke, so there is a possibility if Bucks keeps playing week he might get to play with the Bolts this season. Being the Wild suck so much this year I wish the Wild would take a chance on him in their no defense system.

It would be interesting to see what his plus minus is? Also, it sounds like Tampa Bay might have to cut payroll because they are broke, so there is a possibility if Bucks keeps playing week he might get to play with the Bolts this season. Being the Wild suck so much this year I wish the Wild would take a chance on him in their no defense system.

Boy, I seem to recall a few on here saying how bad Lemaire and his system sucked with the Wild. In hindsight, it would be nice to have that back now, eh?

Currently his +/- is 0

Boy, I seem to recall a few on here saying how bad Lemaire and his system sucked with the Wild. In hindsight, it would be nice to have that back now, eh?

The matter at hand is they don't have much at all. They are just a bit better than Toronto.

Uh.... I don't think the Wild would be that bad defensively if they could play good offensively.

The Wild this year are proving that Lemaire isn't a bad coach after all... on the flipside, it IS proving just how awful a GM Risebrough was.

I guess that's why Lemaire is regarded as beign a good coach: He gets the best out of what he's given. He was given nothing offensively for the Wild by Risebrough, so he built a defensive juggernaut.

The problem with the offensive system that was brought in (assumedly the one modelled after Pittsburgh), you need quality goal scorers in order to be effective.

Remember back when Fleury was a rookie with the Pens? They had a lot of young, but potentially great goal scorers, but they couldn't play defense in their own zone to save their hides. Plus, Fleury was a maverick and was almost Huet-like in his sieve-ness.

Right now, the Wild don't have anything to build on offensively at all. They just got Havlat back, which will help, but still, Koivu and Havlat on the same line... pretty easy to nullify. So, when that happens, they take chances and they're going to give up a ton of goals.

Backstrom, Havlat, and Koivu... right now, they're the best the Wild got. There aren't many teams out there who have less.

But they desperately need scorers. Bochenski would be a good choice for them and they could give up only marginal talent or even a late round pick for him.

I think the Wild will recover, but it will take a little while. The good news is that, assuming they spend money on big name free agents now, and continue on the trend they are going, they could end up with #1 and #3 overall picks (or in that neighborhood) the next two years. That means scoring.

Uh.... I don't think the Wild would be that bad defensively if they could play good offensively.

The Wild this year are proving that Lemaire isn't a bad coach after all... on the flipside, it IS proving just how awful a GM Risebrough was.

I guess that's why Lemaire is regarded as beign a good coach: He gets the best out of what he's given. He was given nothing offensively for the Wild by Risebrough, so he built a defensive juggernaut.

The problem with the offensive system that was brought in (assumedly the one modelled after Pittsburgh), you need quality goal scorers in order to be effective.

Remember back when Fleury was a rookie with the Pens? They had a lot of young, but potentially great goal scorers, but they couldn't play defense in their own zone to save their hides. Plus, Fleury was a maverick and was almost Huet-like in his sieve-ness.

Right now, the Wild don't have anything to build on offensively at all. They just got Havlat back, which will help, but still, Koivu and Havlat on the same line... pretty easy to nullify. So, when that happens, they take chances and they're going to give up a ton of goals.

Backstrom, Havlat, and Koivu... right now, they're the best the Wild got. There aren't many teams out there who have less.

But they desperately need scorers. Bochenski would be a good choice for them and they could give up only marginal talent or even a late round pick for him.

I think the Wild will recover, but it will take a little while. The good news is that, assuming they spend money on big name free agents now, and continue on the trend they are going, they could end up with #1 and #3 overall picks (or in that neighborhood) the next two years. That means scoring.

Assuming they don't screw up at the draft again lol.

Parise with an assist thus far, and a couple good scoring chances in tonight's Devils/Sabres game. Always fun to watch Zach, Travis, and Drew go to battle. Drew just got crushed by Colin White.
Parise on the power play. Let's go Zach!.....and Travis!! Parise gets a penalty call for so the PP gets to continue 6:55 to go. C'mon DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Parise with a nice tip to get the puck behind Tim Thomas, where it can be jammed home by Danius Zubrus, giving the Devils a 2-1 lead with one minute left in the game. Great game tonight!

It was great up until the point where the Devils scored the second goal. :D