SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

He was drafted 9th overall.

Goon- Perhaps, but mostly that's used to describe goaltenders. Case in point: Nicklas Backstrom (MIN) wasn't drafted. How that guy, as good as he is, went undrafted is simply beyond me. I wonder what he was like when he was drafting age.

The reason I say that most of our defenseman some of the rugged type took a while to develop into the college game.

The development was as much a part of the system and the officiating (and game speed) as much as anything.

I don't know if I want to get started on the officiating again. ;)

Actually the refs weren't too bad this weekend but I think they missed a few CFB's.

I told the guys that I sit with that the Mavericks are by far the dirtiest team I have seen

come to REA in some time. They make DU look like a bunch of Choir boys.

Actually the refs weren't too bad this weekend but I think they missed a few CFB's.

I told the guys that I sit with that the Mavericks are by far the dirtiest team I have seen

Going by reputation alone, wait until Merrimack plays UND. I can't believe that everything I've read about them are true.

Zach is atop the hot list on nhl.com hot list. He's gunning to break scoring records for the Devils this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=409538&...vid=DL|NHL|home

Later in the article it notes that Kessel's production has been down after missing six games in January due to mono. I'm surprised he only missed six games. Generally with mono the spleen is incredibly enlarged, so you aren't allowed to have contact, because it has an incredibly high risk of rupturing. I wonder how he got back in so quickly.

I haven't seen them play or read about them are they that bad? I just heard about the one game.

Neither have I, but their rep on USCHO's fan boards makes them look like the Charlestown Chiefs without any semblence of real hockey players.

They've been described as "waiting for the game to fall away from them before they start injuring people."

Hard to truly take seriously, but if that's their rep...

No offense Goon...but do you expect the refs to call 20 penalties on our opponent and 0 on us each game?

Neither have I, but their rep on USCHO's fan boards makes them look like the Charlestown Chiefs without any semblence of real hockey players.

They've been described as "waiting for the game to fall away from them before they start injuring people."

Hard to truly take seriously, but if that's their rep...

Hard to truly take seriously until they send 3 of your players to the hospital in the span of 20 minutes. What's good for the Sioux is that it's an OOC game, because they are notorious for especially trying to injure HE key players when they know you have a big game coming up. I have seen this with my own two eyes, several years back they took multiple runs at BU's John Curry during a Friday game and finally succeeded in concussing him and separating his shoulder, knocking him out of the Beanpot game against BC the next Monday.

But again, this is an OOC game and they'll probably be scared ****less by all the people in the Ralph, they average maybe 1,000 at their rink, so they'll be less likely to injure someone.

On topic: Parise was named the NHL #1 Star of the week.

No offense Goon...but do you expect the refs to call 20 penalties on our opponent and 0 on us each game?

Also I don't think there should be a set number of penalties, 10 for MSU-M and 10 for UND.

I guess I am not sure what you're taking issue with, I think the Mavericks earned all the penalties they got.

Take the Wild a lot of nights they are always getting called for more penalties than their opponents.

Also I don't think there should be a set number of penalties, 10 for MSU-M and 10 for UND.

I guess I am not sure what you're taking issue with, I think the Mavericks earned all the penalties they got.

Take the Wild a lot of nights they are always getting called for more penalties than their opponents.

No, it's just that you make quite a few posts, and most have good info in them. However, it seems that after every game, you seem to think the refs could have done better. I think if UND played for any league, we'd think the refs were horrible at some point. This weekend though, UND had 7 more Power Plays than Mankato. Yes, Mankato deserved them all, but they got called for the deserving penalties. I think the majority of the refs in our league do as good of a job as possible, with the exception of Todd Anderson.

The refs can't see every single action on the ice, and most of the stuff got called that was needed. Sure, there was a CFB penalty that wasn't called properly, but still called a penalty, but it's hard to throw a player out of a game if you missed that play. If each of the refs eyes could see 2 different players, there'd still be 8 other players out there not being seen.

No, it's just that you make quite a few posts, and most have good info in them. However, it seems that after every game, you seem to think the refs could have done better. I think if UND played for any league, we'd think the refs were horrible at some point. This weekend though, UND had 7 more Power Plays than Mankato. Yes, Mankato deserved them all, but they got called for the deserving penalties. I think the majority of the refs in our league do as good of a job as possible, with the exception of Todd Anderson.

The refs can't see every single action on the ice, and most of the stuff got called that was needed. Sure, there was a CFB penalty that wasn't called properly, but still called a penalty, but it's hard to throw a player out of a game if you missed that play. If each of the refs eyes could see 2 different players, there'd still be 8 other players out there not being seen.

What does this have to do with former players??

I know what you're saying I just think the WCHA could do better in the officating department. You're right on Todd Anderson he is pathetic

as well as Don Adam. I think Shepherd and Marco have done better this season but the Sioux don't get them every game.

The black Chi Blackhawks and Black Sioux jerseys are two of the sweetest jerseys in hockey right now. imo of course. :huh:

Yeah no doubt the Blackhawks uniform is awesome. I just got a retro Sioux jersey and I loved that logo.

Sweet logo, I wish UND wouldn't have ever dropped it, but I also like the new one as well.