SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Actually, back when I was in school, I encountered on many occasions several hockey players having a quite difficult time finding their ways home from the bars. Does that count? ;)

Yes because they actually helped you find your way home! :ohmy:

Red Pepper is such a local taste. Everyone from Grand Forks thinks it's the greatest thing ever. Everyone from out of town doesn't care for it much.

Is that why when opposing fans come to town, they all rave about it? :ohmy:

Heck, even INCH loved it in their GF regional preview. ;)

he qualifies as a former player so............from brads blog

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Bishop to Ohio State

Forward Hunter Bishop, who played a semester with UND last fall, has given a verbal commitment to attend Ohio State beginning in 2008.

His younger sister, Teal, will be a freshman defenseman for the Buckeyes this fall. That means when Bishop's parents make the trek from Fairbanks to the mainland, they will be able to catch two kids in one spot. Bishop's mother, Rita, also said they have family in the Columbus area.

Both Hunter and his mom wanted to re-interate that Hunter enjoyed his time in Grand Forks and there were no hard feelings when he left. Hunter just didn't foresee himself getting much playing time until he was a senior because of all the returning players. As it turns out, UND only lost one underclassman forward to the NHL this offseason.

Hunter will play one more season with Vernon in the BCHL before heading to Columbus.

Is that why when opposing fans come to town, they all rave about it? :ohmy:

Heck, even INCH loved it in their GF regional preview. ;)

I honestly don't know myself. I live in Grand Forks and I have yet to eat at the new Red Pepper, I suppose I will have to go and remember what I was missing. I can't remember the last time I ate at the Red Pepper. While they do make a decent sandwhich I remember eating better when I lived out in Boston.

I honestly don't know myself. I live in Grand Forks and I have yet to eat at the new Red Pepper, I suppose I will have to go and remember what I was missing. I can't remember the last time I ate at the Red Pepper. While they do make a decent sandwhich I remember eating better when I lived out in Boston.

When I lived in Wisconsin the food was MUCH better...but then again, everyone was fatter too, lol.

Geez, you would think all that paint thinner they drink would have more of a slimming effect.

Paint thinner? :ohmy:

I know it's a play on words with some form of alcohol, but when I think of Paint thinner, I think Vodka, and rarely anyone I know drinks Vodka in Wisconsin, so either you have no idea what you are talking about, or you think of something else as Paint thinner.

Paint thinner? :ohmy:

I know it's a play on words with some form of alcohol, but when I think of Paint thinner, I think Vodka, and rarely anyone I know drinks Vodka in Wisconsin, so either you have no idea what you are talking about, or you think of something else as Paint thinner.

I thought Fleischmann's (sp.) was the vodka of choice for cheeseheads...isn't that one step away from turpentine? :cool:

Just browsing the Blackhawk's website and looking at the prospect camp roster, I noticed something.... and please read past Kellen Briggs :ohmy:

Blackhawks Prospect Camp

TRYOUTS

F Ryan Baldwin

G Kellen Briggs

F Nate Dey

F Rob Drummond

F Erik Fabian

F Pierre-Luc Faubert

F Kevin Henderson

F Andrew Hotham

G Jeff Jakaitis

F Maxime Lincourt

D Joe Loprieno

D Matt MacDonald

F Bryan McGregor

F Mathieu Roy

F Hunter Tremblay

F Jared Walker (originally 2004 Draft, 223rd overall)

I also noticed that Porter isn't on the list...

I like Fabian but c'mon now!!! Chris is soooo much better! What's the deal??

it doesnt have anything to do with who is better, someone will know why chris isnt on the list, that list that was posted above are TRYOUT players that have not been drafted, but he still is not on the lists of draft picks so something is up as he was a 2003 pick? he tore it up last year at the camp so hopefully he will be added or did they not sign chris in time to be a free agent??

it doesnt have anything to do with who is better, someone will know why chris isnt on the list, that list that was posted above are TRYOUT players that have not been drafted, but he still is not on the lists of draft picks so something is up as he was a 2003 pick? he tore it up last year at the camp so hopefully he will be added or did they not sign chris in time to be a free agent??

my guess is that he will be added because he is on their list of must be signed by 8/15.

Hawks Player Tracker

this is a list of the players in their system. Porter is about halfway down.