SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Here's a list of the WCHA players still in the playoffs. Note the school with the most NHL'ers:

Detroit: Chris Chelios UW

Ottawa: Dany Heatley UW

San Jose: Tom Pressing CC

Matt Carle DU

Buffalo: Thomas Vanek UMTC

New Jersey: Zach Parise UND

David Hale UND

Paul Martin UMTC

Calgary: Jordon Leopold UMTC

Nashville: Greg Johnson UND

Ryan Suter UW

Carolina: Mike Commodore UND

Matt Cullen SCSU

Edmonton: Matt Greene UND

Philidelphia: Ryan Potulny UMTC

UND - 5

MN - 4 (I count Potulny because he played a couple games at the end of the year)

Wisco - 3

Denver - 1

CC - 1

SCSU - 1

I think I counted everyone...

I think I saw Rasmussen with a shift on the fourth line with the Devils in the first period.

bochenski went down to norfolk after the blackhawks season for the ahl playofss. he had a goal and a assist tonight. he was held scoreless last night.david lundbohm had a assist tonight for providence. bryan lundbohm has a gola tonight for houston

Article about Zach Parise on Hockeysfuture. It also mentions Travis Zajac's signing.

Hockeysfuture's staff and, if you read between the lines, Lou Lamoriello, are happy with Zach's first season as an NHLer. He didn't light it up like many predicted he would, but he definitely showed promise. Larry Robinson's departure was the saving grace, apparently, for Zach's first NHL season.

I hope he keeps it up and makes an impact in the playoffs.

How many brothers does Travis have??

Could we possibly see a steady pipeline of players coming from the Zajac family? :)

I asked my friend this as well, and was told that there are three. Travis, Darcy, and Nolan. Nolan was playing for the Winnipeg Jr. Jets in the 1992 pool... so it's possible that we could have a very steady pipeline...

How many brothers does Travis have??

Could we possibly see a steady pipeline of players coming from the Zajac family? :)

I don't know but get Hak and the boys out to the house a few more times. Sign em all up.

There is also Kelly who is an 88 born who plays for the Winnipeg Thrashers midget team.

So the sioux should be able to get him signed the year after next. ;):)

I found a blog that Brad Schlossman has just started and it All Sioux Hockey, All The Time. Go to gfheraldsiouxhockey.blogspot.com

It looks like he just started it, so there's only a few entries so far. But it looks like more than just current Sioux Hockey players, it's also former about former players. There is a blip about Colby Genoway.

Pretty Cool!

HF.com Article complimenting Greene

Greene joines Commodore as becoming fan favorites.

everyone loves Commodore, especially now that he wears that robe. being from NC, i have friends who go to the home games, and they said that people wear big red wigs and white bath robes to games to emulate him. its nice to see a great Sioux player taken in as a crowd favorite like that. GO CANES!!