SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...

Phily now up 3-0 on Chicago in the AHL finals. The addition of Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, MJ players added to the Philly roster following the end of their MJ playoff season, have made a huge difference for the Philly offense (both played a large part in Canada's World Junior Gold last Dec/Jan).

At any rate, in this interview with Carter, he mentions Roche as one of the Wolves players that create problems for Philly.

• 1 month later...
Phily now up 3-0 on Chicago in the AHL finals. The addition of Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, MJ players added to the Philly roster following the end of their MJ playoff season, have made a huge difference for the Philly offense (both played a large part in Canada's World Junior Gold last Dec/Jan).

At any rate, in this interview with Carter, he mentions Roche as one of the Wolves players that create problems for Philly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Phantoms were a very good team even before Carter and Richards joined them for the playoffs but their addition made them a near lock for the Calder Cup. Earlier in the season the Phantoms set a record for consecutive wins: 17.

Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were factors in each game but perhaps the biggest factor in the Philly sweep was their goaltender, Antero Nittymaki, who outplayed his opponent who, according to some, is the top goalie prospect in the world, Kari Lehtonen.

Nitty shut out the wolfies in Game 1 in Chicago and in Game 2 gave up only one goal in a double overtime win. In the two games played in Philly he gave up a total of three goals. I have this series on DVD.

The Phantoms had it all this year: speed, skill, defense, goaltending and with guys such as Todd Fedoruk, Josh Gratton, Ben Eager and Rile Cote, were quite possible the toughest team in the AHL as well.

Brandon Bochenski ($513,000)

Pretty nice paycheck for a guy who people said can't skate  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is of course his pay only if he plays for Ottawa. If he plays in the AHL it probably would be about 60 grand. There is some motivation to make the big club, that is why the competition for the jobs is so fierce.

This may have been posted previously, as it is a couple of days old.  However, interesting to see the salaries of the former players (Parise/Bochenski versus Ballard/Vanek). 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3756644

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The comparison isn't all that uncomplimentary. Vanek and Ballard were both first round draft picks (or Ballard at worst could be a second rounder). Parise was a first rounder and Bochenski a seventh rounder.

If I were to look at the four with eyes towards fairness, I'd be stunned at Bochenski's contract. It is far higher, IMO, than a seventh rounder would normally get as a rookie. But that's my opinion and no where near as knowledgeable as many others here.

This may have been posted previously, as it is a couple of days old.  However, interesting to see the salaries of the former players (Parise/Bochenski versus Ballard/Vanek). 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3756644

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why doesn't it list Hale and Martin (and probably many others on different teams) under contract or free agents?

it may be a bit early now but does anyone have any info on what jeff panzer and karl goehring are up to and who they will play for this year?? also others that may be in limbo as of now with the nhl just coming back..thx a lot..

heres what i have from AHL rosters from today..i know there are many others out there and some of these sites may not be updated..

MILWAUKEE..hrkac, b. lundbohm

LOWELL..commodore, bayda

CHICAGO..roche

BINGHAMTON..bochenski

ALBANY..d hale, parise