SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

SAT JANUARY 15TH AHL....

ryan bayda (lowell) 1 goal in 5-2 win over portland

bryan lundbohm (milwaukee) 1 assist in 3-2 win over grand rapids

jeff panzer (syracuse) 1 assist in 4-2 loss to cleveland, karl goehring played 37 minutes and gave way to another goalie after giving up 3 goals on 17 shots. not sure if it was performance or injury

SUN JANUARY 16TH AHL....

ryan bayda (lowell) 1 goal and mike commodore (lowell) 1 assist in 3-1 win over bridgeport

bryan lundbohm (milwaukee) 1 assist in 6-2 win over st john's

karl goehring is 9-13 on the year with 2 shutouts. 2.71 goals against average.

.905 save %

Vote for Parise link:

http://www.albanyriverrats.com/fanzone/fanpoll/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does a player who has 1goal, 1 assist, and a -10 in 35 games have 2 more votes than the leading point scorer on Albany? Oh wait, something tells me it has something to do with his 169 penalty minutes. :sad: Kinda speaks for the sophistication of the fans who come in to vote.

How does a player who has 1goal, 1 assist, and a -10 in 35 games have 2 more votes than the leading point scorer on Albany? Oh wait, something tells me it has something to do with his 169 penalty minutes. :silly: Kinda speaks for the sophistication of the fans who come in to vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Parise is in the lead, bump!!!!

friday january 21st ahl...............

brandon bochenski 1 goal, 1 assist for binghamton in 4-1 win over manchester.

jeff ulmer of hershey 1 goal in 3-1 loss to norfolk.

jeff panzer, syracuse, 1 assist in 4-2 win over st johns.

lee goren , manitoba 1 goal in 3-1 loss to edmonton

lee goren 21st in AHL in scoring with 37 points.......

brandon bochenski 32 points leads rookies, parise 3rd with 28 points....

jan 26th ahl.....

zach parise (albany) 2 goals in 4-3 win over worcester.

ryan bayda 1 assist (lowell) 5-2 win over manchester.

brandon bochenski of binghamton 1 goal in 5-4 win over providence.

jeff panzer 1 assist for syracuse i 4-3 win over wilkes / scranton. karl goehring gets the win stopping 22 of 25 shots....

jeff ulmer 1 goal for hershey in 3-2 OT win over st johns.

tony hrkac of milwaukee 1 assist in 3-2 loss to san antonio.

travis roche 1 assist for chicago in 5-1 win over utah..

brandon bochenski 36 points, zach parise 31 points in rookie scoring race....

On hockeysfuture.com there is an article titled Lighting It Up (I don't know how to link it). Anyways, it talks about who of young players are doing well in the AHL. Parise is mentioned as is Vanek, yet Bo is not even though he is leading the rookies in scoring. Potulny is mentioned as someone that hasn't lived up to the author's expectations.

On hockeysfuture.com there is an article titled Lighting It Up (I don't know how to link it).  Anyways, it talks about who of young players are doing well in the AHL.  Parise is mentioned as is Vanek, yet Bo is not even though he is leading the rookies in scoring.  Potulny is mentioned as someone that hasn't lived up to the author's expectations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7...hreaded&order=0

I haven't seen this posted yet (source TSN). Nice comments from Bo's head coach.

Collegiate grads making mark in AHL

While the Calder Memorial Trophy gathers dust during the NHL lockout, hockey's best new pros are playing in the AHL this season and it's the Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award that they're chasing.

Brandon Bochenski, Rene Bourque, Thomas Vanek, Dennis Wideman, Zach Parise, Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Whitney are among outstanding rookie candidates.

Most of them took the U.S. college route to the pros, including Bochenski who leads all AHL rookies with 38 points for the Binghamton Senators.

It looks as if Ottawa's decision to take him in the 2001 entry draft, while other teams ignored the native of Blaine, Minn., is paying off. Bochenski was the 223rd player taken.

The right-winger drew Ottawa's interest when he scored 47 goals in 55 games for a junior team in Nebraska. Only a handful of scouts saw much of him. Bochenski went on to achieve all-America college hockey status at North Dakota and, today, the 22-year-old is excelling in the pro game. He's six-foot-two and 195 pounds now, and he has scored 19 goals for Binghamton.

"Brandon has been a real good player for us," says head coach Dave Cameron. "When he was signed, he was signed as an offensive player but the biggest surprise has been his play away from the puck.

"He's been really consistent. He knows the game really well. A true indicator of the progression he's made is that he's not gone into prolonged slumps this season. I like the way he thinks out the game. He's smart. Hockey is a game of read and react, and he makes the right decisions."

Parise, 20, the son of 1972 Summit Series player J.P. Parise, has 31 points including 10 goals for the Albany River Rats. The five-foot-11, 175-pound centre was New Jersey's first pick, 17th overall, in 2003. He was a teammate of Bochenski at North Dakota.

I haven't seen this posted yet (source TSN).  Nice comments from Bo's head coach.

Collegiate grads making mark in AHL

While the Calder Memorial Trophy gathers dust during the NHL lockout, hockey's best new pros are playing in the AHL this season and it's the Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award that they're chasing.

Brandon Bochenski, Rene Bourque, Thomas Vanek, Dennis Wideman, Zach Parise, Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Whitney are among outstanding rookie candidates.

Most of them took the U.S. college route to the pros, including Bochenski who leads all AHL rookies with 38 points for the Binghamton Senators.

It looks as if Ottawa's decision to take him in the 2001 entry draft, while other teams ignored the native of Blaine, Minn., is paying off. Bochenski was the 223rd player taken.

The right-winger drew Ottawa's interest when he scored 47 goals in 55 games for a junior team in Nebraska. Only a handful of scouts saw much of him. Bochenski went on to achieve all-America college hockey status at North Dakota and, today, the 22-year-old is excelling in the pro game. He's six-foot-two and 195 pounds now, and he has scored 19 goals for Binghamton.

"Brandon has been a real good player for us," says head coach Dave Cameron. "When he was signed, he was signed as an offensive player but the biggest surprise has been his play away from the puck.

"He's been really consistent. He knows the game really well. A true indicator of the progression he's made is that he's not gone into prolonged slumps this season. I like the way he thinks out the game. He's smart. Hockey is a game of read and react, and he makes the right decisions."

Parise, 20, the son of 1972 Summit Series player J.P. Parise, has 31 points including 10 goals for the Albany River Rats. The five-foot-11, 175-pound centre was New Jersey's first pick, 17th overall, in 2003. He was a teammate of Bochenski at North Dakota.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is really neat that Parise and Bo are mentioned in this article and the others, though big named former collegiate players, only get their names in the news. :silly:

SAT FEB 5TH AHL....

travis roche of chicago 1 assist in 2-1 loss to cleveland

ryan bayda of lowell 2 assists and mike commodore (low) 1 assist in 6-4 win over bridgeport

brandon bochenski of bingmanton 1 goal , 1 assist in 4-3 loss to hershey

zach parise of albany 1 assist in 3-2 win over worcester

lee goren of manitoba 1 assist in 5-1 win over san antonio

brandon bochenski 40 points..leads all rookies...zach parise 4th in rookie scoring with 32 points...bochenski 3 more games played...

wed feb 9th AHL....

hershey 4 lowell 3...ryan bayda 1 goal (lowl) and jeff ulmer 1 assist (hersh)

albany 3 springfield 1. zach parise (alb) 1 shorthanded goal, 1 assist.

syracuse 4 san antonio 1..jeff panzer (syr)1 goal. karl goehring(syr) gets the win stopping 24 of 25 shots

wed feb 9th AHL....

hershey 4 lowell 3...ryan bayda 1 goal (lowl) and jeff ulmer 1 assist (hersh)

albany 3 springfield 1. zach parise (alb) 1 shorthanded goal, 1 assist.

syracuse 4 san antonio 1..jeff panzer (syr)1 goal. karl goehring(syr) gets the win stopping 24 of 25 shots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A shorty for Zach! YAY!

Also another reminder: This is supposed to be Pascal Leclaire's banner season. Looks like Karl is out performing him.

SAT FEB 5TH AHL....

lee goren of manitoba 1 assist in 5-1 win over san antonio

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goren's numbers are 22-21-43, third on the team and has a large lead in +/- at +23.

Reminder that the AHL all star game is on one of the ESPN's on Monday night.

Players of interest on PlanetUSA include goaltender Kari Lehtonen, the No.2 overall draft pick of the Atlanta Thrashers in 2002, New Jersey first-rounder Zack Parise and Minnesota prospect Mikko Koivu, the younger brother of Montreal Canadiens captain Saku Koivu.

a little article about the AHL all-star game i found on TSN. thought this might interest some.

here's the link.

sat. feb 13th ahl scores and stats...

brandon bochenski 1 goal and 1 assist for binghamton in 7-0 win over zach parise and the albany river rats

jeff ulmer of hershey 1 goal and 1 assist in 6-2 win over bridgeport.

jeff panzer 1 assist for syracuse in 3-1 loss to cincinnati and karl goehring gets loss stopping 27 of 30 shots.

travis roche 1 goal for chicago in 5-4 loss to houston

zach parise 2nd on albany in points with 34 and 4th in rookie scoring trailing rookie scoring leader brandon bochenski with 42 points. bochenski 4th on his team in scoring.

AHL All Star game is being televised now on ESPN2. Its awesome to see Zach Parise on the ice again. Brings me back to the not so old days...gives me chills. He's taking the ceremonial face off now...it's just crazy. He looked way better in kelly green and white. Just for those who wanted to know.

I'm watching it! :0