SiouxSports.com Forum

Chappell

Sioux27

I think the fact they already gave away #4 speaks volumes about the possibility of his return. I've heard he isn't very committed towards "working toward a degree" too bad he probably had a future in at least the CFL.

I believe Ryan Chappel can no longer be a Sioux.

I think he needed to attend summer school in order to keep himself on track for a poosible return next year, and he did not..... ???

I heard Friday he was not even enrolled on campus let alone with the team anymore. As you said he wasn't very motivated in the classroom. You'd think he knew he was in college his freshman year and was told of the requirements while at Central. He's an amazing athlete that mat have regrets down the road. Hopefully teh CFL will still be in th works.

I think the fact they already gave away #4 speaks volumes about the possibility of his return. I've heard he isn't very committed towards "working toward a degree" too bad he probably had a future in at least the CFL.

Bonus for #4, Matt Cole. All the football jerseys (at least the child and youth sizes) at Scheel's have #4 on them. Must have ordered them last season to be ready for this fall.

• 1 month later...
I heard Friday he was not even enrolled on campus let alone with the team anymore. As you said he wasn't very motivated in the classroom. You'd think he knew he was in college his freshman year and was told of the requirements while at Central. He's an amazing athlete that mat have regrets down the road. Hopefully teh CFL will still be in th works.

I may have missed this on a different thread but....

Do we know for sure that Chappell is not enrolled and attending classes?

I have no info on that directly, but I remember hearing Mussman -- either on the Wednesday coaches show or the Sunday TV show -- say a few weeks ago he was trying to match up schedules with Chappell to talk about the possibility of his return. I presume that would indicate he's in school at the very least.

Bonus for #4, Matt Cole. All the football jerseys (at least the child and youth sizes) at Scheel's have #4 on them. Must have ordered them last season to be ready for this fall.

Yeah, by the time that it was announced that he would not be playing this year, it was too late to change numbers.

Maybe a current UND student or faculty member could check if he's listed in the campus phone book. It's not 100% conclusive but it would be a strong indication. Of course, if you think that would be a breach of privacy, then disregard this.

Maybe a current UND student or faculty member could check if he's listed in the campus phone book. It's not 100% conclusive but it would be a strong indication. Of course, if you think that would be a breach of privacy, then disregard this.

I had a friend check it out, yep, he is listed as a student this semester with a major.

• 4 weeks later...

I was told by someone very close to Ryan Chappell that he will be playing for the Fighting Sioux next fall. He told me that he would like to play wide receiver. With Bamba and Chappell at wideouts that would be Big 10 speed at the wideouts.

Won't that be fun to watch. He also said Ryan has very good hands.

I was told by someone very close to Ryan Chappell that he will be playing for the Fighting Sioux next fall. He told me that he would like to play wide receiver. With Bamba and Chappell at wideouts that would be Big 10 speed at the wideouts.

If this is true, it will be very exciting. I would assume that Ryan would only have one year of eligibility left if he does in deed come back...correct?

If this is true, it will be very exciting. I would assume that Ryan would only have one year of eligibility left if he does in deed come back...correct?

I would put him back at RB and they can use him as a receiver from there if they wish. He is pretty special as a RB. They can play him and Murray and split time if they need to or move them in the slot when they wish to. Hope he gets his grades up. If the person close to him is a friend they need to be enough of a friend to get him to class and keep his grades up.

• 2 months later...

Now I am being told by by the same person that Ryan will not be playing next fall.

Sorry for any confusion. I'm bummed about it.