SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

I'm not sure what Texas Tech or Kansas were like in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 or 2007. I just stated what happened when they played last year. I would assume that the most recent game would reflect the best what the teams are like now.

I'm not sure what Texas Tech or Kansas were like in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 or 2007. I just stated what happened when they played last year. I would assume that the most recent game would reflect the best what the teams are like now.

TT lost Herrall (sp) and Crabtree. So that is incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...

With Idaho the only FBS school on the 2010 calendar, it wouldn't be unreasonable to play another FBS school. A couple of schools have been backing out of games: San Jose State just dumped Stanford for a cool $1 million from Alabama.

The change leaves Stanford with a hole in its 2010 schedule that probably will be filled by Sacramento State or another Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team.

"I feel horrible having to cancel a game 15 months out," SJSU Athletic Director Tom Bowen said. "But this is the right decision for us.

Alabama, incredibly, is also scheduling Georgia State next year. Georgia State will be playing their first year ever in football at the FCS level.

Georgia State and South Alabama should have a number of open dates for next year.

• 1 month later...
They don't like to travel for non-conference games, so I would be surprised if they showed up in Grand Forks.

I wonder if perhaps this has changed a little in recent years? They did go to Cal Poly last year, and are going to UC Davis this year. I'd still be surprised if they show up in GF, but it may not be quite as out of the question as it was a few years ago.

I wonder if perhaps this has changed a little in recent years? They did go to Cal Poly last year, and are going to UC Davis this year. I'd still be surprised if they show up in GF, but it may not be quite as out of the question as it was a few years ago.

You are correct, their attitude has changed a little bit in recent years. I believe their limited travel policy started several years ago when they had financial problems in their athletic program. They sell out every home game, no matter the opponent. So they scheduled as many home games as possible to make as much money as possible. The problem is that quality FCS programs don't like to schedule only road games against other FCS teams, they want home and homes. The Montana fanbase has tired of playing so many lesser programs. So it sounds like the Griz are starting to schedule some actual home and homes again and they might actually make a return trip. I just hope that any buyout in the contract is rather large.