SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

UND Press Release: Six home football games on tap for 2011

Cal Poly will be the homecoming game...................

1:00 start time for all home games except for Drake & Black Hills :(

Trying to put some lipstick on a pig here...... 6 home games is more than the Sioux have had in a while.

Cal Poly for Homecoming is a good thing. I would think you would have more attendance for Cal Poly for HC than Montana Western.

Is there a problem with 1:00 games?

With the Big Sky scheduling structure unknown, i'm sure it is difficult to schedule anyone on a return game at this point. WIth that in mind you are going to have to pay someone to come in, with no promise of a return visit. I'm sure there was some cost analysis in play here. How much would it cost to bring in some better quality opponents vs the expected revenue from that opponent.

Does the pig look any better?? ;)

sure as hell not going to renew my season tickets. this is bs. call me a non sioux fan all u want but 3 naias with two of those moving up to d2. thoguht we moved up ti d1 fcs to see better compeition... if muss and the boys lose of one of those naia trap games.... GOOD BYE MUSSMAN AND THANKS FAISON FOR MAKING AN EMBARASSMENT OUT OF OUR FIGHTING SIOUX FOOTBALL

• Upvote 1

IMO It would have been better to only have had four home games and to find two more road games. If anything it would stimulate demand for tickets as there would be limited opportunities to see the team play. Three home games that will probably draw in 2,000-3,000 range against NAIA opponents does absolutely nothing for this program. I think Faison needs to come out with an explanation for why the schedule turned out like this. This crap about being excited to have six home games doesn't cut it.

You have been nothing but negative all Fall about damn near everything. According to most of your posts your health is doubtful since you are questioning whether you are going to be around long enough to see a good schedule. I would go to Europe next year then since it seems you aren't going to make it until 2012 when the Big Sky begins.

You are damn right. Tell me one thing that we shoud be positive about with this football program. I am tired of investing interest, enthusiasm, and on occasion money in this thing we call "moving up". NDSU, SDSU, and USD play up, UND plays down. Ain't that a wonderful thing!!! This home schedule is an absolute embarassment, period. I am done on this site and if you aren't upset about this schedule you have no pride.

sure as hell not going to renew my season tickets. this is bs. call me a non sioux fan all u want but 3 naias with two of those moving up to d2. thoguht we moved up ti d1 fcs to see better compeition... if muss and the boys lose of one of those naia trap games.... GOOD BYE MUSSMAN AND THANKS FAISON FOR MAKING AN EMBARASSMENT OUT OF OUR FIGHTING SIOUX FOOTBALL

You can go to Sioux Boosters on Friday and complain. ;)

Oh wait.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205055195

Is there a problem with 1:00 games?

No, I just personally preferred the 4:00 starts..........................

For people from out of town later starts are much more preferrable, at least for me anyway. But with this schedule, I can't imagine that people would drive more than a block to go to a game.

Everytime I think this program has reached a bottom and is back on the upswing we seem to reach a new low with crap like this.

The bottom line decision is financial. Fewer people showed up for Northwestern St than for Northeastern St. The attendance for Lamar was worse than either of those two. Bringing in a no-name FCS schools with few scholarships would cost us $125 k each (at least). Bringing in the regional NAIAs may have cost as little as $25 k and add's W's.

Save the alms to the St Francis of Assisi's, the Wagners, and the St Teresa's of the FCS until we need those wins to qualify for the playoffs.

If this is such an embarrassment, that should prompt the football boosters to take out their checkbook.

That said, a massive state-wide advertising campaign and season ticket drive needs to happen in the summer of '12 for the inaugural Big Sky season with a true FCS schedule.

This is embarrassing and unacceptable, no question about that. What bothers me the most is playing NAIA teams. Yes, I know, Sioux Falls is moving up but so are we.

I have to wonder too, will our OOC schedule look any better when we are in the BSC? If the XDSU's and USD won't come here, we could still be looking at one or two pathetic games every year.

For people from out of town later starts are much more preferrable, at least for me anyway. But with this schedule, I can't imagine that people would drive more than a block to go to a game.

I think later starts are far worse for the economic considerations of Grand Forks... With the 4:00 starts, out of town fans don't usually come to GF until around game time and after the game they will maybe have dinner and by that time it's after 8 and there's no time for anything else. With the afternoon games people will come to town for the game, then when the game is over at 4ish, there is opportunity to do other things in town: shop, eat, etc. Retail stores in town are noticeably busier with Sioux fans after the afternoon games than the evening games.

I have to add that I am also very disappointed by this home schedule...this will likely be my 4th year in a row not going to any games, which includes a couple years as a student...

This is embarrassing and unacceptable, no question about that. What bothers me the most is playing NAIA teams. Yes, I know, Sioux Falls is moving up but so are we.

I have to wonder too, will our OOC schedule look any better when we are in the BSC? If the XDSU's and USD won't come here, we could still be looking at one or two pathetic games every year.

According to you, the Fighting Sioux name was embarrassing and unacceptable, so you are used to those feelings associated with UND athletics.

At least a team named Fighting Sioux didn't have to endure this schedule. ;)

no checks will be made out from my check book and im going to make sure my credit card isnt going to be charged for a donation too!!!! facebook group almost started!!!

Some really pathetic commentary on this topic. Like it was mentioned, the last year before starting conference affiliation brings it's own problems with scheduling games. 2012 will be incredible, just show a little patience and maybe a little more discernment of what is happening as far as the difficulty in scheduling.

I would suggest if you're the type of Sioux football fan who gives up on the program at this point, quite frankly they don't need you.

Some really pathetic commentary on this topic. Like it was mentioned, the last year before starting conference affiliation brings it's own problems with scheduling games. 2012 will be incredible, just show a little patience and maybe a little more discernment of what is happening as far as the difficulty in scheduling.

I would suggest if you're the type of Sioux football fan who gives up on the program at this point, quite frankly they don't need you.

lol ok so they dont need me and ( i realize its not much but atleast its something) my 4 season tickets and my 1000 in donations. this is just one guy but htink of all the others who may also quit

also... i know several tailgators who already were going ot quit no matter what cuz it got too expensive!!!!!!

lol ok so they dont need me and ( i realize its not much but atleast its something) my 4 season tickets and my 1000 in donations. this is just one guy but htink of all the others who may also quit

also... i know several tailgators who already were going ot quit no matter what cuz it got too expensive!!!!!!

All I can say to that is you must be tremendous Sioux fans.

As far as I'm concerned, Cal Poly and USD are the only games worth driving from Fargo to watch.

You are what we like to call a fair weather fan.

Sioux football is awesome to watch no matter who they are playing especially when you only have to drive an hour.

Bring your friends, grab some brews, and come tailgating with the best people on earth and cheer for the team we all love.

The bottom line decision is financial. Fewer people showed up for Northwestern St than for Northeastern St. The attendance for Lamar was worse than either of those two. Bringing in a no-name FCS schools with few scholarships would cost us $125 k each (at least). Bringing in the regional NAIAs may have cost as little as $25 k and add's W's.

This is a travesty for the players. It should be about the student athlete experience and having they play 1/4 of their games against NAIA teams is awful. Win or Loss...Sell out or not the player that give their all for Fighting Sioux Football should have the opportunity to COMPETE at the DI level.

I think later starts are far worse for the economic considerations of Grand Forks... With the 4:00 starts, out of town fans don't usually come to GF until around game time and after the game they will maybe have dinner and by that time it's after 8 and there's no time for anything else. With the afternoon games people will come to town for the game, then when the game is over at 4ish, there is opportunity to do other things in town: shop, eat, etc. Retail stores in town are noticeably busier with Sioux fans after the afternoon games than the evening games.

I have to add that I am also very disappointed by this home schedule...this will likely be my 4th year in a row not going to any games, which includes a couple years as a student...

I have to laugh at this, cause your basing everything on "out of town fans not coming to gf until game time." Well if they want to "shop,eat, etc." all they have to do is come earlier.

Still 24 hours in a day. Sioux football will still take up the same amount of time in that given day.

The guy you replied to "DakotaDan" is from outta town.

One could easily still go shopping before the game.

You must be really busy or not like Sioux football to not go to a Sioux football game for free as a student. You haven't gone to a Sioux football game in 4 years....should one take you seriously?

I'll still buy my season tickets and I'll still make my annual donation since I support this program though thick and thin. Hell, I'll still buy season tickets again this season and donate the ones I can't use back to the athletic department for most games since my work schedule will once again only allow me to attend one or two games.

That being said, it causes me a tremendous amount of angst to see how far this program has fallen in the last five years. A loss to Sioux Falls wasn't conceivable five years ago, neither were a 3-8 season or a schedule with three NAIA schools. I just want this program to turn a corner and start giving us something to be excited about again.