SiouxSports.com Forum

08-09 Top Ten

mikejm

Rabble rouser!!

I am merely searching for something to unite us; to bring us together. A clarion call that will cause us to join our voices as one. To set aside our petty differences and rally 'round a common goal. I seek to end the divisiveness and diversion that distracts us from that greater good. A balm for the pained among us. A soothing salve. A path to the healing that is so desperately needed by my sisters and brothers here.

Can you feeeeeeeeel it?

Can you belieeeeeeeeve it?

Can I get an amen? :glare:

I am merely searching for something to unite us; to bring us together. A clarion call that will cause us to join our voices as one. To set aside our petty differences and rally 'round a common goal. I seek to end the divisiveness and diversion that distracts us from that greater good. A balm for the pained among us. A soothing salve. A path to the healing that is so desperately needed by my sisters and brothers here.

Can you feeeeeeeeel it?

Can you belieeeeeeeeve it?

Can I get an amen? :D

Amen, hallelujah, brother.....

:glare:

The freshman goaltender is a nice angle for your squad to hang its hat on. If your goalie is indeed a frosh.

Disagree on Wisco and on Michigan, if Michigan was in a decent conference, they would struggle early.

Minnesota will have to mesh young studs to a team that learned to play with grit and defense.

CC is my favorite if Bachman stays, will they learn to win in March?

UND will be an interesting team, plenty of talent. Will the early season struggles be the usual slow start or the beginning of a long season?

BC will be tough and I think Maine will suprise next year.

Minnesota will have to mesh young studs to a team that learned to play with grit and defense.

I think you might be giving our guys a little too much credit for a nice weekend in Mankato. The grit and defense was lacking for all but 3-4 weekends out of the year.

We'll see in October though. I'm just mainly hoping for a return of the power play. :glare:

The freshman goaltender is a nice angle for your squad to hang its hat on. If your goalie is indeed a frosh.

Disagree on Wisco and on Michigan, if Michigan was in a decent conference, they would struggle early.

CC is my favorite if Bachman stays, will they learn to win in March?

UND will be an interesting team, plenty of talent. Will the early season struggles be the usual slow start or the beginning of a long season?

BC will be tough and I think Maine will suprise next year.

I think we can give this a rest now. I'm pretty sure even I discredited Notre Dame early in the year when someone suggested they'd be top-half of the WCHA. At this point, I'd say they probably would have been. The CCHA has definitely established itself over the last couple years as more than just Michigan.

I think you might be giving our guys a little too much credit for a nice weekend in Mankato. The grit and defense was lacking for all but 3-4 weekends out of the year.

We'll see in October though. I'm just mainly hoping for a return of the power play. :glare:

I think you get credit for the Final Five run too.

I think the Sioux will stand just fine losing players as the young guys get more experience. Same goes with the Gophers and the young guys, they will only get better as time goes on in the season. Kangas is going to need to dominate for us to finish that high though. I see a top 3 in the WCHA of CC, MN, UND, in that order but very very close with Denver slightly behind. Rip away.

Personally, I find it somewhat ridiculous that in justifying UND's #7 they comment on losing oshie/chorney/duncan/finley, etc.... the impact there, basically assuming they're probably gone. Yet, they seem to, in my opinion, when justifying BC's #1 assume Gerbe will be back, when he could very well leave early as well. Because honestly, if Gerbe's gone, there's no way BC is a #1 team. But a #7 is fine... it'll allow us to sneak in under the radar...lol.

Personally, I find it somewhat ridiculous that in justifying UND's #7 they comment on losing oshie/chorney/duncan/finley, etc.... the impact there, basically assuming they're probably gone. Yet, they seem to, in my opinion, when justifying BC's #1 assume Gerbe will be back, when he could very well leave early as well. Because honestly, if Gerbe's gone, there's no way BC is a #1 team. But a #7 is fine... it'll allow us to sneak in under the radar...lol.

I would be willing to bet that Buffalo is going to sign Gerbe after the playoffs he had.

Don't worry, he is :0

No where to post this so I'll put it here.

I had to go to the lab to check out a patient who went beak down after having his blood drawn. Happens a lot but this particular patient was a big strapping young man wearing.......

a Gopher t-shirt. After checking him out, he was fine, and going back to my dept, I laughed out loud!!! I'm still smiling at the thought of him.

Go Goofy...., wait!! That's not what I meant or was it?! :glare:

I had to go to the lab to check out a patient who went beak down after having his blood drawn. Happens a lot but this particular patient was a big strapping young man wearing.......

a Gopher t-shirt. After checking him out, he was fine, and going back to my dept, I laughed out loud!!! I'm still smiling at the thought of him.

Wheeler?

Go Goofy...., wait!! That's not what I meant or was it?! :glare:

That was me!

I think both do.

Maybe, for the Sioux; If everyone comes back. But if the sioux lose Oshie, Chorney, Duncan, and Finley, they'll finish in the bottom half. Guess we'll see....

I think the gophers would be more deserving of a top 10 spot over the sioux.

They'll be plenty of movement on this list before the end of August I suspect.