SiouxSports.com Forum

Shattuck-St.Marys article

sioux rube

• 2 weeks later...
Truthfully after reading that article I don't know who is more excited her or I. :glare:

Well, I have to say that I am probably more excited than my son about going to the Fighting Sioux hockey camp next month. He is looking forward to it, but I haven't been back to Grand Forks in over ten years.....

That was a great article to read, loved the part about Jack Johnson decking some other kid for beaning Crosby with a baseball... Too bad that Jordy Murray didn't follow his brother's footsteps to UND. Can't believe he's gonna be a Badger.

• 1 month later...

Got here to Faribault last nite and got my daughter settled in at Shattuck.Talk about a cool campus.The rink has pics of all the alumni and it is quite impressive.You look at the team pics of their national championship teams and you have to wonder how they ever lost a game.Unbelievable.I will be here all week jotting down drills and doing some video that I will use for my practices next season.

Got here to Faribault last nite and got my daughter settled in at Shattuck.Talk about a cool campus.The rink has pics of all the alumni and it is quite impressive.You look at the team pics of their national championship teams and you have to wonder how they ever lost a game.Unbelievable.I will be here all week jotting down drills and doing some video that I will use for my practices next season.

Hey Sioux Rube.......thanks for the info. I am very interested in the camp. I have two girls that play and we heard about it from some Grand Forks parents off of our summer girls team. They said that it is an absolute blast for the kids. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.....Sioux7

Rube,

My D has only been playing for two years and is nowhere near the top of the food chain skill-wise, but she had a good time at the Sioux camp last week. I am interested to hear how your D compares the two, especially since she went back-to-back.

Rube,

My D has only been playing for two years and is nowhere near the top of the food chain skill-wise, but she had a good time at the Sioux camp last week. I am interested to hear how your D compares the two, especially since she went back-to-back.

As of right now she had more fun at SIOUX camp because she knew 6 or 7 girls going into it as here at Shattuck she knew nobody going into it.I've been to every session here so far and the coaching is excellent not that SIOUX camps wasn't.Every session,morning,afternoon,and evening has a different head coach.Morning is power skating,afternoon is skills,and evening is small games and other competitive drills.Off ice training also twice a day so I'm glad she was somewhat in shape coming here because they do work the girls pretty good.So far I would say it's worth the extra cash you pay here compared to SIOUX camp.

They have girls that went here who are now playing in the WCHA helping coach.They demonstrate more than anything.What shocked me about them is how short they are.My daughter is only 12 and towers over 2 of them.But they can skate believe me.

They have girls that went here who are now playing in the WCHA helping coach.They demonstrate more than anything.What shocked me about them is how short they are.My daughter is only 12 and towers over 2 of them.But they can skate believe me.

What is the cost of the camp, if you don't mind my asking?

i was listening to the latest INCH broad cast while I was out walking the dog and Jess Myers said he was at Shattuck and said it should just say SSM home of the Fighting Sioux. :)
With Toews,Toews,Parise,Parise,Duncan,Smaby,Murray,and Chorney as alumni it could just as well be.Oh and now Ben Blood also.