SiouxSports.com Forum

Reloading Thread

siouxnami

What your point? Next season the Goofs could go 16-19-2.

I'd say his point, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, is that even the best/top programs struggle once every blue moon. It's a valid point.

Every top program will struggle sometime just with the new day and age of prospects leaving early. And, by struggle, I mean .500 record. That's a lot better than most teams achieve each year.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a 17-22-0 or a 15-19-9 season anytime soon, which is why Woog was fired, 10 years after his 4 straight F4 run.

The only reason Hak isn't still the coach 10 years from now is that he has moved on/up.

how many years was Woog a head coach before he posted a record like that?... :D

I don't think there is going to be a big ground swell to run Hakstol out of town on a rail.

It's all about deserve.....I just don't want to wallow in mediocrity. Hakstol could take us to 10 straight frozen fours but if he can't win a title........

It's all about deserve.....I just don't want to wallow in mediocrity. Hakstol could take us to 10 straight frozen fours but if he can't win a title........

The University isn't going to fire Hakstol, we could be cheering for UAA who doesn't even get out of the bottom of the WCHA standings.

I'd say his point, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, is that even the best/top programs struggle once every blue moon. It's a valid point.

Every top program will struggle sometime just with the new day and age of prospects leaving early. And, by struggle, I mean .500 record. That's a lot better than most teams achieve each year.

I don't see it happening all that often. It wouldn't be good for a coach to have too many of them or they would probably be looking for a new job.

Mediocrity!?! You call four Frozen Fours in a row mediocre?? :D

I would hate to be your child!! :lol:

I am so looking forward to seeing the Jr. Toews.

Probably one of the best midgets i have seen play. i don't think he is like his brother but this team needs a true offensive player.

I am excited about his arrival.

I am excited about his arrival.

I've seen the younger Toews play, and I don't know if he is ready for whats about to happen to him here. He is trying to step out of a massive shadow, and I don't know how well he'll be accepted if he gets off to a rocky start. I watched him at the Little Caesar's tourney this winter and I feel this catfish needs some time in the river of Junior Hockey. I hope he doesn't press too hard trying to by Jonathan Toews instead of playing his game.

I've seen the younger Toews play, and I don't know if he is ready for whats about to happen to him here. He is trying to step out of a massive shadow, and I don't know how well he'll be accepted if he gets off to a rocky start. I watched him at the Little Caesar's tourney this winter and I feel this catfish needs some time in the river of Junior Hockey. I hope he doesn't press too hard trying to by Jonathan Toews instead of playing his game.

He's not in the class of John, but as long as he heels from his injury it wouldn't make sense to send him to juniors.

aren't you mr. positive thinker.

Careful, you're starting to sound like Danny Irmen after losing to HC. The bottom line is that UND could never get that close again. It takes a very special team, and a very special set of circumstances, to win a title. It's a pleasure watching the team get so close year after year, and I honestly believe they'll get one in the next few years. That, in itself, is enough to make me smile, and it makes me proud to be a fan.

Reading posts for info, I keep running into breakin face's posts and have come to the conclusion he is a troll whose only purpose on this site is to incite!

Great minds must think alike because I came to that conclusion as well...

• 1 month later...
very early prediction for wcha next year:

1. CC

2. Denver

3. Minny-a trip to DC isn't out of the question as they won't have to leave the state of MN for a playoff game with the West Regional being at mariucci.

4. Wisconsin

5. SCSU

6. UND-to many questions to be answered on defense, in goal and for scoring.

7. msu-makato

8. tech

9. duluth

10. aa.

I'll revise this as I have gotten off my pitty potty and barring a big surprise all the teams rosters should be pretty well set:

1. CC

2. Denver

3. UND-if the freshman goalie comes through maybe we can move up to 1 or 2.

4. Wisconsin

5. Minny-I still say a trip to DC isn't out of the question.

6. SCSU

7. mankato

8. tech

9. duluth

10. aa.

I'll revise this as I have gotten off my pitty potty and barring a big surprise all the teams rosters should be pretty well set:

1. CC

2. Denver

3. UND-if the freshman goalie comes through maybe we can move up to 1 or 2.

4. Wisconsin

5. Minny-I still say a trip to DC isn't out of the question.

6. SCSU

7. mankato

8. tech

9. duluth

10. aa.

I don't see DU finishing about UND, Also I think it will be

1. UMN

2. UND

3. C.C.

4. Du

5. Wisconsin

6. SCSU

7. Mankatoa

8. umd

9. TECH

10. UAA

1. UMN

2. UND

3. C.C.

4. Du

5. Wisconsin

6. SCSU

7. Mankatoa

8. umd

9. TECH

10. UAA

personally, i don't see the gophers finishing ahead of UND. i haven't been too impressed with their returning players aside from kangas. i'd go with both CC and DU ahead of UND before the gophers, but i guess we'll have to wait until the season starts to know for sure.

1. UMN

2. UND

3. C.C.

4. Du

5. Wisconsin

6. SCSU

7. Mankatoa

8. umd

9. TECH

10. UAA

i can see DU finishing in 4th, but the only reason is goaltending. they will be stacked on offense.

Hey breakin' wind; thanks for the expert anal-ysis...:silly:

I think the younger Toews will be a bigger impact player for the Sioux than older Jonathan was. Don't get me wrong, Jonathan is probably the most talented player that has ever come to UND, but the Little Toews's game suits UND style better and vice-versa. I can't wait to see this kid play. I think UND will have another great year. We have alot of talent back with the best recruiting class in the country coming in. Just cause they are fresman doesn't mean we can't win it all. Sometimes the younger players are so good it pushes the upper classmen to play a little harder.

We have alot of talent back with the best recruiting class in the country coming in.

Where has this been published? Considering the Sioux weren't even mentioned as a top 10 team for 08-09, one would think our incoming freshman aren't considered to be the "best" class. Don't get me wrong, I think we have some impact players coming in, but I'm not sure it's the best class.

1. CC

2. DU

3. SCSU

4. MN

5. UND

6. Wis

7. UMD

8. MT

9. MS

10. AA

Where has this been published? Considering the Sioux weren't even mentioned as a top 10 team for 08-09, one would think our incoming freshman aren't considered to be the "best" class. Don't get me wrong, I think we have some impact players coming in, but I'm not sure it's the best class.

1. CC

2. DU

3. SCSU

4. MN

5. UND

6. Wis

7. UMD

8. MT

9. MS

10. AA

As far as I am concerned it is and many people would agree with me. To have the best recruiting class doesn't necessarily mean by talent alone. You heard it here first. The Sioux win the WCHA outright in 2008-2009.

As far as I am concerned it is and many people would agree with me. To have the best recruiting class doesn't necessarily mean by talent alone. You heard it here first. The Sioux win the WCHA outright in 2008-2009.

you might be on to something. this is hak's 5th year and the finishes so far-

04-05-5th

05-06-4th

06-07-3rd

07-08-2nd

08-09-:silly:?? will the improvement continue.