SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the cool graphic over at the College Hockey News website. Old, New, Sioux, and Blue, they call it.

all 3 sites coverage starts monday - now its game week - hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ffgraphic.jpg

Yeah, kinda wishful thinking on my part and, when I really think about it, I'd rather see the Sioux beat Michigan than Notre Dame. It's always sweeter to beat the team everyone thinks is #1....plus it would give JPL a few good chances to stone Mr. Porter and Co.

I am actually trying to jinx the Wolverines, last time I said a team couldn't win they did. BADgers 6-2 over DU. :lol:

I don't care who we play as long as we win. :D

I am actually trying to jinx the Wolverines, last time I said a team couldn't win they did. BADgers 6-2 over DU. :lol:

I don't care who we play as long as we win. :D

Couldn't agree more. We could be playing the Tallahassee Warthogs for all I care. Just win the game!

Couldn't agree more. We could be playing the Tallahassee Warthogs for all I care. Just win the game!

Actually I think the Warthogs match up pretty well against the Sioux. Good speed on D; big, physical forwards. :lol:

James Flannery Wing 1946-1947 Jamestown

Albert Hausauer Defense 1946-1947 Jamestown

Arthur Forman Goalie 1946-1948 Wahpeton

Busted out the trusty "Fight on Sioux" for that one

I figured it had to have been in the "early" days. Thanks.

Also - I am pretty sure Tom Philion is from Crosby and just played HS hockey in Minot. Nice article on some of the locals. Brian Williams from Fargo North was also one of the best ND born Sioux players. I believe he graduated a year or two before the 87 championship team.

I am pretty sure Tom Philion is from Crosby and just played HS hockey in Minot. Nice article on some of the locals. Brian Williams from Fargo North was also one of the best ND born Sioux players. I believe he graduated a year or two before the 87 championship team.

Correct, family moved to Minot for High School; dad was a teacher, and received job offers from various ND hockey towns, apparently, including GF.

Lee Brodeur, W, 84-85, Grafton

Rob Mihulka, D-W, 75-79, Grafton

Don Swartz, W, 74-78, Grafton

I didn't remember Broduer as a Sioux. He used to fly for Grafton in the Cooperalls.

"Transferred from University of North Dakota to Western Michigan University after the first semester of his freshman year in December 1984. In accordance with NCAA transfer rules, he sat out the second semester of his freshman year and the first semester of his sophomore year."

I did not know that . . .

Damned straight 808287. Great seeing you in Madison. We were knawing nails, albeit with supreme confidence, on Sunday (just about a week ago right now) so we did not stray far from our seats between periods.

Absolutely flew home, high from the taste of victory over the Red Menace. Next Sunday's trip home for all will be doubly sweet.

NDH...Great seeing you there too, my man. Glad to see the Sioux give you a great b-day gift wrapped with a BIG RED bow! ;-) Turns out I was sitting in the midst of the badger student section...such fun...they looked at me like they'd never heard the "who's she?" line before. ;-)

Safe travels to Denver, sir, and enjoy the hoisting of #8...this will be a magical weekend for many.

Go SIOUX!!!!!