SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EARLY FROZEN 4 LOOK FROM DENVER

:lol: looks like kevin porter is really studying hard focusing on his general studies major :D 4 years of general studies ;) lets send this to the NCAA hobey baker staff to help phils chances for the hobey ;)

T.J. Oshie played our word-association game

Michigan . . . Offense

Lamoureux . . . Solid

Frozen Four . . . Opportunity

Engelstad Arena . . . Home

Hockeytown . . . Warroad (Minn., his hometown)

Notre Dame . . . Hardworking

Boston College . . . Revenge

Tough . . . North Dakota

WCHA . . . Depth

Denver . . . Win

I noticed vs Princeton that theOsh got his jersey hung up high, and he had a bunch of extra badding stuffed into his breezers and up his back. Duncs quickly pushed it down.

Love the idea of rolling:

Osh centering Duncs and Kozek

Kaip centering Watkins and Frattin

Vande centering Trupp and Miller

Zajac centering Martens and Radke

As much as I love the Kaip, Vande, Watty line, I think that we do need to split them up now.

Disagree. Kaip-VV-Watkins line had a GREAT shift which resulted in the first goal vs. UW. And, if Connelly would have managed to make the save and left ANY rebound at all, Watkins would have banged it in.

Also don't forget that VV set up Watkins for a BEAUTIFUL one timer that only didn't go in because Connelly made the save of the game.

Disagree. Kaip-VV-Watkins line had a GREAT shift which resulted in the first goal vs. UW. And, if Connelly would have managed to make the save and left ANY rebound at all, Watkins would have banged it in.

Also don't forget that VV set up Watkins for a BEAUTIFUL one timer that only didn't go in because Connelly made the save of the game.

VV was not on that line, he was replaced with Frattin. The scoring on the goal was Kaip from Frattin and Watkins.

VV was not on that line, he was replaced with Frattin. The scoring on the goal was Kaip from Frattin and Watkins.

Yep, VV was moved to the 3rd line at the start of the 3rd when Hakstol put Kozek with Osh/Dunc and moved Frattin with Kaip/Watkins. Then he rolled 3 lines.

Yeah, I'm totally not hating on Vande, he is a horse out there. I was following up on the moves that Hak made in the 3rd period and OT. As stated by others, Frattin, Kaip and Watty were the second line once we started rolling 3.

I think part of that move was to start winning a few more draws too.

Oshie, Kaip and Vande on the draws.

I like that going forward.

Oshie with Duncan and Kozek = 18 goals this year x 3. Pick your poison. The best all around player in college hockey centering two certified snipers.

Kaip with Frattin and Watty = speed on the wings, heart in the middle, grind and fly. Can establish the forecheck, work down low, maybe chip in a goal, can flat out skate.

Vande with Trupp and Martens? This could be an interesting line, what third line can produce like this? Martens and Trupper clearly played well together against MN. Pack a lunch line, hard workers who can score big time goals.

Zajac with Malone and Radke = The Physical Presence line, just not PP into opponent PP, please.

This puts Miller on the pine. BM has skill, it just isn't clicking.

Vande with Trupp and Martens? This could be an interesting line, what third line can produce like this? Martens and Trupper clearly played well together against MN. Pack a lunch line, hard workers who can score big time goals.

Zajac with Malone and Radke = The Physical Presence line, just not PP into opponent PP, please.

This puts Miller on the pine. BM has skill, it just isn't clicking.

I like it and that's how I would have it, although I would consider switching Zajac and Martens. Zajac was on that third line in the third period Sunday, and I think he's played well lately.