SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Woman (Notre Dame) first F4 ever.

Seems to me that we knocked Michigan out the last couple years.

Speaking of we knocked BC out in the regional in 2005....

bc is 3-1 vs the sioux in the frozen 4 going back to 1999 when we won, 2000 sioux loss in title game and last 2 years. our only ncaa win vs them was 2005 lately so we are due :lol:

Small bar? Not a problem. Anyone remember Nomads in Milwaukee? I think we doubled the capacity of that place and the 2 people that were working had no idea what hit em! But I bet they loved the tips! :D

A few of the regulars that were in the place said they were surprised how much beer people from North Dakota could drink. :lol:

Wow, if the locals are saying that, than I'd say thats pretty impressive!!!! Nice!!

I have read/heard that the altitude in Denver is rough on visiting teams. Is this true, and how does a team prepare for this? Sprints? Herbies? Thanks!

nothing, all 4 teams have the same thing to deal with but the sioux go out there at least once a year so they know whats up if there is anything. if i were hak i would have the team sleeping in hyperbolic chambers and go a week early and climb the rocky mountains :lol:

Its my understanding that Oshie sherpas in the Himalayas all summer to prepare for each season, and Duncs free dives to 200 feet in the South pacific to build his lung capacity. :lol:

Fighting Sioux teams are always well-conditioned. Look at how we looked in the 3rd and OT last night. We'll be just fine.

bc is 3-1 vs the sioux in the frozen 4 going back to 1999 when we won, 2000 sioux loss in title game and last 2 years. our only ncaa win vs them was 2005 lately so we are due :lol:

I agree that we're due, but we beat them in 2000 and lost to them in 2001 in the title games.

I have read/heard that the altitude in Denver is rough on visiting teams. Is this true, and how does a team prepare for this? Sprints? Herbies? Thanks!

Not just rough on them, but could be rough on you. I've gotten altitude sickness the last two times I went. It normally happens to me about a day after being there. Denver people say to drink lots of water, but I think that John Denver is full of $*it

I agree that we're due, but we beat them in 2000 and lost to them in 2001 in the title games.

I agree with both of you the bottom line here folks is that we're due & if we can kick them back on their heels that would be great. So from the GATORNATION GO SIOUX BEAT BC.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

TJ can dangle with the best of them. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it really doesn't work when he goes one on two or one on three, but his stick skills are up there with the best of them. There are many great clips posted of him dangling and beating guys.

The kid is known for his ridiculous hand eye coordination and stick skills.

Most have seen, some have not, some have forgot.... is this the hand eye cords you speak of? I can't imagine he has gotten any worse at hand eye since this..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fZACw1sVuPs

Not just rough on them, but could be rough on you. I've gotten altitude sickness the last two times I went. It normally happens to me about a day after being there. Denver people say to drink lots of water, but I think that John Denver is full of $*it

That's what I was told by my niece in Steamboat as well. Do it, I think it works.

I hope finally this year is the year that finally the Sioux can get that stupid eagle off our backs and finally beat BC. While I just wish and would thoroughly enjoy a total Sioux beat down and thrashing of BC by winning 7-1 I'll be more realistic say it'll be a close game. I just hope we're the side to win this time. I don't know if I could absorb another loss to BC in the national semifinals.

BC has had the past 2 years to win a National Title and choked in both. It's our turn for a shot!

This Fighting Sioux team will be ready to take on BC and turn the tides against them.

GO SIOUX!!

if i were hak i would have the team sleeping in hyperbolic chambers and go a week early and climb the rocky mountains :D

Works for me - I'm up for anything that gets us a win (then again, I'm not the one having to prep for this game - other than getting some more heart medication :lol: )

BC has had the past 2 years to win a National Title and choked in both. It's our turn for a shot!

Kinda explains how we played BC the last couple of years. Our chokes precipitated there's. Let's face it, we had the best team in the FF the last 2 yrs but choked. This year we probably aren't the best team. Maybe that will be enough to propel us to the title that has eluded us the last 4 frozen fours (including 2001). Stop taking periods off guys. Give us at least 40 minutes of Sioux hockey. That should be better than the competition's 60. Just do it!

Go Sioux!

I noticed vs Princeton that theOsh got his jersey hung up high, and he had a bunch of extra badding stuffed into his breezers and up his back. Duncs quickly pushed it down.

Love the idea of rolling:

Osh centering Duncs and Kozek

Kaip centering Watkins and Frattin

Vande centering Trupp and Miller

Zajac centering Martens and Radke

As much as I love the Kaip, Vande, Watty line, I think that we do need to split them up now.

I noticed vs Princeton that theOsh got his jersey hung up high, and he had a bunch of extra badding stuffed into his breezers and up his back. Duncs quickly pushed it down.

As much as I love the Kaip, Vande, Watty line, I think that we do need to split them up now.

Like what you got here, but Frattin has been a no-show since early Dec. Kid has way too much talent to consistantly be a non-factor!!

I like having Watty and Fratty on the same line. It really brings some speed. DIdn't Frattin pick up some assists over the playoffs? I feel like he has been playing better. I thought about putting Trupper up on that line, but I really like having Trupp and Vande on the same line. It seems like it might bring some serious tenacity and scoring threat on the third line.

i wouldnt switch too much up but i go with kozek up top and trupp in somewhere. leaving out miller or radke. trupp is going to be a hell of a nice addition! martens hasnt sat in a while i believe and if thats the case hes not going to in the frozen 4