SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

I sure hope this team can throw the switch at least a period earlier for BC - Maybe even play all 3 periods

- Maybe with some extra rest they will

- Or maybe we should spot BC a couple points right at the start ;)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing is that the bars are a tad on the small side near Pepsi Center.

Unfortunately, no one ever believes the UND alumni association that they need LOTS of workers and LOTS of BEER!

Small bar? Not a problem. Anyone remember Nomads in Milwaukee? I think we doubled the capacity of that place and the 2 people that were working had no idea what hit em! But I bet they loved the tips! :D

A few of the regulars that were in the place said they were surprised how much beer people from North Dakota could drink. :lol:

To actually put this thread on topic of the game:

BC runs a 5 forward PP. (that's for you Redwing)

They are small and quick.

Both teams had similar regional finals.

The only fans to give umtc a run for their arrogant money is bc.

I hate them.

GO SIOUX!!!

(got my cousin from Cali and cousin from AZ coming and they are new to college hockey, just spreading the love of the game)

Barry Melrose was going crazy when teams were using forwards for defensemen on the PP. I admit I am not that crazy about it either. We have the luxury of generating alot of offense from the point with our talented defensemen.

I also hate BC. There were alot of people earlier in the year pulling for BC to beat UNH to help us in the PairWise. When I stated that they were crazy (to cheer for BC and that it was too early to worry about it) I was blasted for it. Well to all my critics, Are you still pullin for BC???

Barry Melrose was going crazy when teams were using forwards for defensemen on the PP. I admit I am not that crazy about it either. We have the luxury of generating alot of offense from the point with our talented defensemen.

I also hate BC. There were alot of people earlier in the year pulling for BC to beat UNH to help us in the PairWise. When I stated that they were crazy (to cheer for BC and that it was too early to worry about it) I was blasted for it. Well to all my critics, Are you still pullin for BC???

who cares if people were cheering for BC as at the time it was all about the pairwise rankins to improve the sioux, like we control the games anyways :lol: i knew when we saw the brackets it would be another frozen 4 match up. lets smoke these chowda heads and get to the damn title game!!

4-2 sioux win

who cares if people were cheering for BC as at the time it was all about the pairwise rankins to improve the sioux, like we control the games anyways :lol: i knew when we saw the brackets it would be another frozen 4 match up. lets smoke these chowda heads and get to the damn title game!!

We cheer for the Sioux and believe it our not, we don't control their games.

I think playing 5 forwards on the PP is stupid too. I'll take Duncs and Osh on a two on two shorthanded rush with two BC wingers trying to play D. With time and space going full speed, I don't care how much you've played and how much you know what you're supposed to do. A forward backpedaling and TJ dangling...good night.

I think playing 5 forwards on the PP is stupid too. I'll take Duncs and Osh on a two on two shorthanded rush with two BC wingers trying to play D. With time and space going full speed, I don't care how much you've played and how much you know what you're supposed to do. A forward backpedaling and TJ dangling...good night.

Pardon my cynicism, but good night may be more in reference to the rush. TJ's dangling abilities are nice, but they fool very few, forwards or otherwise. Though not as obnoxious, it's a lot like Kessel's "one move wonder."

I'd rather him deke, pass or just shoot the puck than try to dangle. My opinion (which will get me flamed, I'm sure. How dare I criticize Oshie!)

TJ can dangle with the best of them. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it really doesn't work when he goes one on two or one on three, but his stick skills are up there with the best of them. There are many great clips posted of him dangling and beating guys.

The kid is known for his ridiculous hand eye coordination and stick skills.

Pardon my cynicism, but good night may be more in reference to the rush. TJ's dangling abilities are nice, but they fool very few, forwards or otherwise. Though not as obnoxious, it's a lot like Kessel's "one move wonder."

I'd rather him deke, pass or just shoot the puck than try to dangle. My opinion (which will get me flamed, I'm sure. How dare I criticize Oshie!)

TJ at this level is a power forward with great skills. At the next level he won't be able to muscle the defensemen around.

Did you get to watch the game yesterday? Oshie was insane in the 3rd period. He would enter the zone and go around 3 or 4 Badgers before making a play. The Badger fans around us were seriously impressed with his stickhandling ability. He even did that same move that he did against UMN that caused Wooger and Mazzacco to crap themselves (youtubed somewhere...found it: this move).

It looked like he took the team on his back a bit, and it was great to see. I hope he can continue that type of play in Denver.

Does anybody know how many teams have made 4 trips in a row to the Frozen 4?

Not sure about how many teams making 4 trips in a row. . . but I thought I heard them say that Hakstol was just the 3rd coach to make it 4 in a row in just his first 4 years of coaching.

I agree that Radke deserves to be in the lineup. He takes some penalties, but I really believe he brings a lot of intensity, grit, and a physical presence the Sioux will need in order to win. He also has a lot of experience, going to his 4th Frozen Four appearance. I didn't see Radke's first penalty last night, but his second one was a total bogus call by the ref. Radke isn't the only player who takes penalties on this team, so I don't feel he deserves to be the brunt of criticism. Jones has at times, but he along with Radke and Finley have all cleaned that up. Every team needs to have experienced, gritty players on their roster. A championship team needs to have all the ingredients to win: great goaltending (Lammy), experience (the juniors & seniors), offense (Oshie, Duncan, Kozek & VandeVelde), solid defense (Chorney, Bina, Genoway & Finley). This team just needs to bring their A+ game against BC and either Michigan or Notre Dame, play with intensity and a physical presence, and show up with A+ work ethic. If so, this team can win it all in Denver!

third straight with a major brewery in town...was there any doubt? BTW, you don't need to do the tour to drink the beer (for free) and they do some pretty good mixes with Killians. Also some girlie mixes with zima flavors.

Oh man I can't wait to get back to visiting Denver. Great downtown strip of drinking. For Mafia Man (and others) check out the strip club near convention center and Hyatt. Called La Habem (spelling?).

The only bad thing is that the bars are a tad on the small side near Pepsi Center. Any ideas on where alumni meeting is taking place? Normally the NCAA always gives the same venue information as what's been used in the past. Unfortunately, no one ever believes the UND alumni association that they need LOTS of workers and LOTS of BEER!

The gentlemen's club is La Boheme. Google search it, they have a website. There is also the Diamond Cabaret downtown.

And small bars near the Pepsi Center? Pshaw. Go to Brooklyn's. It's 50 feet from the doors of the Pepsi Center...the place is huge. Braun's is across the street too. Getting a bit further away you can hit Old Chicago's, Breckenridge Brewery, tons of others...and for the truly beer adventurous...don't miss the Falling Rock Tap House. 69 (good) beers on tap...plus tons of bottles.

Seriously, if you can't find a good place to drink in Denver...you're doing it wrong. Colorado is Beer Central.