• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some hotel reviews:

Concourse

Hilton

Sheraton

If you want to use Priceline, but not sure how, I'd be happy to help you so that you stay in the area you want. The important thing is if your price is rejected, add a zone with a lower star level than what you are after, but maintain your current star level.

Example

First Bid Madison Downtown 3* $45

If rejected, rebid adding Madison South (only goes up to 2 1/2*), keep your 3* level, and up the bid to $50

If rejected, add Madison Southwest (only goes up to 2 1/2*),keep 3* level, and increase bid to $55.

If you still are rejected, your done unless you drop to a 2 1/2 star, but you have to start over with the DT zone, otherwise you could end up in the SW or S zone. I know it's confusing, and can be a pain in the ass, but it's kinda fun too, almost like gambling!

You can only use the same parameters once in a 24 hr period, so if you run out of bids, you have to come back the next day where you left off. If I know I have to have a hotel room a certain night, a lot of times I'll book a room online conventionaly, one that I can cancel later. Then I start bidding, and if I end up getting a room on PL, I just cancel my original reservation.

THANKS for the tip. I just cancelled our Super 8 reservation and did what you suggested. Got the The Madison Concourse Hotel located in downtown, a 3 star hotel for $58. They accepted my first bid.Hotel is 3/4 of a mile from the Kohl according to map quest. Looks like a nice place.

I got my Radisson room for $59 I am pumped the hotel looks really nice.

Just in case anyone else wants to get this hotel, it has gone for $45 in the past (not to rain on your parade , you still got a good deal). Start by bidding Mad west 3*, and add Mad South and Mad SW for each rejection increasing bid $5 each time. Maybe you guys could carpool from Minny, and carpool to the Kohl (parking is a bitch there).

When using priceline, is there any way you can pick your hotel or choose cetrain amenities? We have to have a hotel that accepts pets.

No, you can't pick your hotel. You would have to call the known PL hotels first and see what there rules are. If your pet is quiet, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I've smuggled in pets before. I imagine it will be there during the games, and you can't really leave a dog in a kennel barking.

EDIT: I called for ya, Concourse does not accept pets, Sheraton does for an extra $25. You could bid for a 2* (something like a Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc) usually these places could care less, and if they did, you could enter a side entrance or something like that. I'll do some checking on 2* in Madtown and get back later.

Not alot of recent PL 2* or 2 1/2* wins lately, none downtown, but there are a couple in the Madison East zone. This La Quinta allows pets, a buddy recently stayed there for $40. There is also a Courtyard that has been won in the same ballpark, but they don't accept pets, these are 2 1/2 stars. The only problem is you'll have to drive to the KC and hunt for parking. The other problem is all other zones have 2 1/2* options, so no rebids, just one try every 24hrs. I would start at $40, and if rejected, add Downtown and go $50, but you may be upgraded to the 3* Concourse which doesn't allow pets...just dress Fido up in a Badger costume! The LQ has free breakfast. Maybe a Sioux fan in the area can pet-sit for you???

From DeMers and I-29 to Gilman and State St. it is 582 miles and takes just under 8:30 hours. If I am not mistaken speed limit in Wisc. is still 65MPH, unless you have Illinois plates then it is 80MPH. Watch where you park around the whole campus area. It is all permit parking.

From DeMers and I-29 to Gilman and State St. it is 582 miles and takes just under 8:30 hours. If I am not mistaken speed limit in Wisc. is still 65MPH, unless you have Illinois plates then it is 80MPH. Watch where you park around the whole campus area. It is all permit parking.

Yep, still 65. LOL about the Illinois plates! We call em FIB's up here. Parking around the Kohl Center can be as high as $20 (Kohl center lots) and down, depending on distance to the KC. I have parked free on the street a few blocks away, but that usually never happens. 3-4 blocks away expect 5-10$ parking.

Yep, still 65. LOL about the Illinois plates! We call em FIB's up here. Parking around the Kohl Center can be as high as $20 (Kohl center lots) and down, depending on distance to the KC. I have parked free on the street a few blocks away, but that usually never happens. 3-4 blocks away expect 5-10$ parking.

Funny on the FIB comment. No one up here knows what that is. :wink: Be careful tho, Jonesy is a FIB and he's got at least one more little brother...dont' want to upset him. :D

Some friends and us have 4 seats behind the goalie in row J. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we will fly down in his plane. Much better than driving from GF.

Will have to leave the 5th grade girls basketball jamboree on saturday up to Grandma! She's a lifesaver. :silly:

Some friends and us have 4 seats behind the goalie in row J. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we will fly down in his plane. Much better than driving from GF.

Will have to leave the 5th grade girls basketball jamboree on saturday up to Grandma! She's a lifesaver. :D

Which section? One end is the student section. :silly:

Funny on the FIB comment. No one up here knows what that is. :silly: Be careful tho, Jonesy is a FIB and he's got at least one more little brother...dont' want to upset him. :D

Oops, sorry Jonesy...you're always welcome here! Seriously though, they do love their speed. I think the majority of snowmobile deaths this season were people from Illinois, including a high profile Chicago TV anchor.

Oops, sorry Jonesy...you're always welcome here! Seriously though, they do love their speed. I think the majority of snowmobile deaths this season were people from Illinois, including a high profile Chicago TV anchor.

I-43 (runs north-south along eastern Wisconsin between like Green Bay and Milwaukee) is full of FIBS in the summer time. I hate them for all the garbage they throw out the window and how stupid they drive with their boats. I don't mind a fast driver, but be a good fast driver at least. Wisconsin does need to up the speed limit to 75 though. After going through North Dakota, then Minnesota, 65 mph is like crawling.

Just got a room at the Sheraton on Priceline for $70/night. I tried to start bidding at 60, but it rejected it. Looks nice, but according to their website the Kohl Center is 3 miles away.

Thanks Bob for all your help.

I am pretty sure since it is a NCAA regional, there is no student section. If they want tickets they have to buy a package just like everyone else. I know it was this way when it was in Grand Forks.

This is correct. No student section for the regionals. They have to buy tix just like the rest of us.